News America Marketing Employee Reviews

Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT20 June 2018
Have to be work oriented, expectations are a lot but they offer a good compensation.
Always something new to learn.
Fun environment.
Managers are just awesome, innovative and productive.
Great job
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OH11 June 2018
I love being able to pick my time and day to do my ad changes. The manager is always available if there are any questions about the job to be done. Would recommend this job.
Pros
Choosing the time and date to do my job
Cons
Not that many hours
Stressful due to management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA5 June 2018
I loved this company and would have loved to stick with it had the management been more fair and gave more hours. Never had enough equipment available. My stores were always criticized while others were left untouched. Bad communication.
Pros
Setting own hours, pay
Cons
Management and lack of hours, no benefits
not many hours
In-Store Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cadwell, Idaho, Nampa, ID, Homedale, ID29 May 2018
You will not be able to pay bills with this job, if you have someone else who can provide income, put on their health insurance plan and you just need some extra spending money this could work out for you.
Pros
flexible hours, time off when you want but not paid
Cons
too few hours, wear and tear on car going from store to store and town to twon, pay
Good management
In Store Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN24 May 2018
Management is very hands on, helpful and responsive. Hours are quite flexible, but long for a part-time job. have to fill car and part of home with much equipment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work/life balance not good
Fun Job! Flexible
In Store Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI11 May 2018
The job is overall very great! It's flexible to accommodate a home life. However, there is no consistency in the hours and upper management over rides your report to manager on such a regular basis it truly messes more up then it helps leaving you hanging for a good portion of your already slow week. Lack of accountability with upper management on their errors. They will always find some way to place the blame on you or your territory manager.
It was so fun! Loved it
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Brazoria, TX2 May 2018
great work experience miss working there! Great people, great management. And you can work at your own pace. No one is there standing over you, you can do your job,and as long as you do your work and do it right no one will bother you.
Pros
have to have a car
Cons
long days
reset display
Merchandiser / Reset Display (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, NJ18 April 2018
Install Smart Source advertising in grocery, and in major retailers nationwide.
Place merchandise in the proper location using the updated planograms.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only part time jobs
Lot's of driving
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 April 2018
Job required you to drive to stores throughout Oklahoma city and Guthrie and put up coupon machines and promotional signs. The job did a lot of wear and tear on my car. And the workload they gave me was insane for just starting out.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Pay & wear and tear on my car.
Phoenix, AZ Zone
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 March 2018
I loved what I did, I wasn't planning on leaving, I landed in the hospital for three days and I didn't have my cell phone on hand and only knew my moms number of the hand. I got sick from cleaning out my storage unit and moving back to Arizona.

Boston Zone my two area mangers I worked for were amazing and I couldn't say anything more. I am very happy to have had them both as my area mangers.
Fun and they really cared about their employees
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 March 2018
On a typical day I would receive my work supplies for the week at my house, check my handheld for jobs, go into stores and place different ads throughout the store. The management was great and trained their employees very well. The most enjoyable part was when I was done with my work for the week I had a sense of accomplishment. The hardest part was driving to all the different places especially when the weather was bad. I learned how to hang up ads and place floor ads accordingly throughout a store.
Pros
Celebrated birthdays, Breakfast during meetings, work when you want
Cons
Didn't compensate for the amount of driving
Flexible Hours
In-store representative and Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Macomb County, MI13 March 2018
This company is good for someone that needs flexible hours. Job allows you to work around life (kids and family) obligations. Must be able to work independently.
It was great to work my chosen hours
IN STORE REP (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO5 March 2018
One week a month there was plenty of hours, the other 3 weeks of the month not enough. This was a 2nd job so 1 week out of the month was hard to manage added to my other full time job!
N/a
Good Benefits
Good Management
Long Work Hours
CPG and Retail focused
Experience very dependent on manager
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 February 2018
Fast paced, busy corporate environment. Often hard to keep up with other competitive digital agencies due to the company having such a large portfolio as well as there being lags in training and a disconnect of internal teams.
Enjoyable position
In-Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 February 2018
This position allowed me to build leadership skills and introduced me to products that I didn't use as well used. I enjoyed meeting people from different companies doing the same job. The staff at the assigned retailers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Time management for me and my family
Cons
n/a
It's a very relaxing and mellow paced work environment with lots of freedom
In Store Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA14 February 2018
Changing advertisements and rotating point of sales is what the job mostly consists of. I learned how to use the smart source items and tools used to add instant redeemable coupons in the grocery and drug stores I cover. The management is excellent. I have a good relationship with my boss and his boss. They're very friendly and easy going. The workplace very relaxing and you have a lot of freedom while you're working and you can choose when you want to work as long as everything is done by Thursday at 9pm. There isn't really a hard part of the job unless you wait till the last minute to close out your stores. This job is enjoyable because of the freedom you get to work whenever you want. That can be good and bad because this is a better job for someone who has a second job and does this on the side for extra pocket change. Average hours per week can be a little under 20. On the first and second weeks of the month you can work up to 28 hours which is what all adds up for the ad changing in all of your stores. The next 2 weeks of the month are the slowest and you could get a maximum of 10 hours with small merchandising jobs in the stores. You generally average around 70 hours of work a month.
Pros
Freedom to work whenever you want and essentially make your own schedule
Cons
Low hours, no benefits and no salary based career advancement for recent college grads
Flexible hours and good management
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CA9 February 2018
I enjoy working here because of the flexibility and making my own hours. The management is very helpful if any problems arise. Each week is different with new job tasks.
Set your own hours with a weekly deadline.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley MN5 February 2018
Fun job with a set route you drive to stores assigned to you. Need to be professional to all store employees and represent News America with professionalism and integrity.
Pros
Go to work each day on my own time.
Cons
No part time benefits.
Ads
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CT31 January 2018
One has to like to travel for this job. I love to travel so this was a second job for me which worked with my schedule because I was able to do my work as long as the store was open.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.