News-Press Employee Reviews

There is no self-improvement
NEWSPAPER DELIVERY PERSON (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL8 August 2018
The work day is the same every day of the week from Monday to Sunday because we work 365 days a year without rest from 12:00 am to 6:00 am. You do not learn anything new because the carrier always does the same. The managers are not interested in the work ethic, they are all disorderly.
Pros
You have the day off for another job
Cons
You do not have vacations throughout the year
Stay away
Automotive Key Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL11 January 2018
There is an extreme lack of leadership. Half of the managers do not know what they are doing and rely on their subordinates to do all the work and answer everything. Managers are not involved in the team's objective day-to-day and objectives.
Rewarding Experience
Comp Artist / Circulation Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL7 March 2017
My News-Press journey began as a Comp Artist which was my foot in the door. My supervisor was aware of my desire for greater creative challenges and handed me those jobs whenever the Art Department was overloaded with work. Eventually, she discovered an opening within another department of the company that provided my creative challenge, not to mention more pay, and was instrumental in my transfer to that department. The new position ultimately involved me personally seeing jobs from concept to completion as well as projects that involved education through local schools which would become my most reward job of my career.
Pros
Creative and rewarding challenges.
Cons
Part of the Gannett Publishing Company which fits the typical corporate mold.
productive fulfilling work environment
Advertising Sales Representative-National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL28 June 2015
great coworkers in a fast paced deadline based environment.

I have learned a great deal about digital advertising and the future of advertising and marketing in the future.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team atmosphere and working with people that make the process work.
Pros
the ability to bring new ideas to the management staff
Cons
the shrinking circulation of the newspaper to consumers
Great place to work,Great group of guys!
on call press operator (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers ,Fl.28 February 2015
The News Press pressroom is a good place to work .I worked as an on call press operator a few years ago. The manager is a very fair man.If you do your job and show up when you are supposed to he will treat you good. The coworkers are good guys as well .Everyone helps each other ,and works to get the press set up.The work is divided up evenly.The press is in great shape and is clean for a press. You can't ask for a better group of guys to work with,they know the job and will help if you have any questions. They will expect you to do your share,and know what you say you know. I would still be working there if I lived closer. I would work there again in a heartbeat if a full time position ever opened up to the public. If you are looking for part time work ,and know how to work on this press ,you can't go wrong here.But do not expect to be put on full time.
Pros
Decent pay, Good coworkers, Newer press, clean building
Cons
none worth mentioning
felt like I could help
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers, Fl10 July 2014
I liked working at the newspress very much. I enjoyed working with customers and solving their problems.
Pros
work was appreciated
Cons
lay offs and furloughs
getting to no new pep.
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL26 February 2014
ilove being there and satisfying costumers, greeting and meeting sum of the customers sum were very nice.
Pros
late night early mornings, benifits
Cons
n/a