Newfoundland and Labrador English School District Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Payroll Clerk - Support Staff (floater) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 November 2017
I enjoy what I do at the district office. I have a tremendous respect for not only my supervisor (s) but also my colleagues. Our payroll group is split into two sections 1 for support staff within the Province of NL & Labrador, and 1 section for the teachers with in the province. It is the cohesive bind that we all have that makes me want to come to work each day.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Benefits could be better
Excellent Employer
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portugal Cove-St. Philip's, NL16 February 2017
The job is very demanding, but the management and workplace culture are excellent. There is a great deal of freedom, but it takes a lot of extra time.
substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 November 2016
To follow plans set by permanent homeroom teacher. Apply classroom management and time management skills. Managing students and personnel in a timely fashion in order to achieve desired objectives.
Pros
great job
Cons
insecurity due to call in nature of position
Enjoyed working with the staff and students a good place to work in
School bus driver and caretaker (Former Employee) –  Deer lake nl14 May 2015
Once arriving at my work I had to open all school doors for students and staff so they could start there day then I had to leave to bus the children from there homes to three different schools. After this I had cleaning and maintenance duties to perform

What I learned was to put the children first to make sure that the environment was safe and clean to do my part to ensure that this happens

The management was wonderful to work with.

I enjoyed working with the team

I didn't find any parts of my job difficult

Busing the children
Pros
Working with outhers
Cons
Dealing with the large snow falls
Constant learning curve
Replacement Teacher / Substitute (Current Employee) –  St Johns, Nl30 September 2014
It is a great place to work. Your methods are constantly being challenged and changed through the large diversity of both children, staff and parents.
Pros
lots of PD days to further your learning
Cons
Long hours at times