Newfoundland Power Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

Experience
GIS Operator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 August 2018
Work term position with college program. This is a great company to work for and has a warm welcoming atmosphere.
This company was very organized and invests in its employees.
Good Work Environment
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 January 2018
Newfoundland Power provides a safe and friendly work environment. All of my co-workers were friendly and easy to approach. My supervisor provided me with meaningful work that helped advance my skills and knowledge of engineering.
Productive and organized
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 August 2017
Learned alot about high voltage, cable repair substation switching and grounding and maintenance of transformers. Management were very helpful. Staff went above and beyond to make sure I understood what I was doing.
Pros
Great place to learn about high voltage
Cons
Don't hire apprentices for electrical
Wonderful Place to work
Cash Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 September 2016
I enjoyed my five years working with Newfoundland Power. I gained numerous new friends. I enjoyed my day to day routine - I would very much enjoy being back in the workforce.
Pros
People
Great work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 May 2016
I enjoyed my work with NL Power, I have met great people who work there. They made me feel welcome each and every day that I worked. The experience was amazing, I would love to stay in Human Resources near my home. I would recommend anyone to work with NL Power.
Pros
Great bunch of employees
Cons
Hour and some drive to work
Great, supportive place to work
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 September 2013
Newfoundland Power taught me a lot about human resources that I did not learn in school. They kept me busy with refrence checks and updating their orientation program. My co-workers were wonderful. They were interested in whatever I had to say and they answered all of my questions.
Great company to work for
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 March 2013
I enjoy helping customers with their simple and complex issues. The systems that NL Power uses were a foreign ground for me, however it has made the job interesting, constantly learning new things. My fellow coworkers have been a pleasure since day one, they are there to assist you when you need it. They are a wealth of information and are open to sharing it.
Pros
the assistance that fellow coworkers provide.
Overall, a very enjoyable atmosphere to work in.
Customer Service Agent - Call Centre (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 September 2012
Overall working at Newfoundland Power was a joy. There was a vast amount of material to cover, but the training was in-depth and there was always resources available to you. Expectations were clear and reviews were frequent. The management was open and friendly.
Pros
great people to work with, fun events, great training
Cons
job security. call on basis/irregular hours