Newcomer Centre of Peel

Newcomer Centre of Peel Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
This organization is the embodiment of how powerful community collaborations in partnership with newcomers can have lasting positive impacts within the community.
The organization is very interesting, upper management isn't the nicest. The pay and benefits are non existent. The turn over rate is quite high. They cannot keep employees, and they do not respect their workers.
Great people and great work environment. The people working there are really helping. i would highly recommend anybody who gets an opportunity to work here.
Volunteered on one of their projects. Staff were very welcoming and helpful, and provided more than enough resources to make the completion of the volunteering task easy.
For this, people usually come in and once there's something that needs to be done, they will ask you if you are able to do that ask. Working at the center was an amazing experience and they love for everyone to be involved with everything, and have an amazing work environment.
Pros
Able to meet new people and make new connections
Cons
No cons
Loved the role. No guidance...you must interpret and make the role/work your own. Plenty of opportunity to travel and provide numerous presentations to professional audiences, external boards, and other groups regarding organizational programs and services.
Pros
Flexiblility with work
Cons
Lack of Structure
At NCP, I assisted the settlement councillor to facilitate senior workshops, TaiChi Club, Yoga class, singling, culture dance class and special events. I enjoyed these classes very much because I got to spend time with a group of seniors that range from 75 - 85 years of age. These seniors have lots of life experience and are funny, healthy and energetic. I enjoyed spending time with them.
At NCP, employees truly care about their work and helping clients
My role had variety and autonomy on the projects I worked on.
It is a great place to work as a young professional and allows for the development of key social work competencies. I have been able to work in an environment where creativity and ownership over programs are encouraged and this has resulted in some tangible results in the effectiveness of services offered.
The days of volunteering, volunteers would have to come an hour early and plot out the whole event, with the help of instructors and other volunteers. I have learnt that to co-operate and work with others, respect each other and most importantly to taking care of the participants. The management was there to support us with financial and other needs if needed, but mainly the volunteers have the ideas for the day. The hardest part is to make sure that every participant is having a good time and is having fun at all times.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Newcomer Centre of Peel?
NCP is a diverse centre which allows immigrant parents to learn English in the LINC program while their children stay in the childcare under the proper care of the staff.
I absolutely love working at NCP due to the children, staff, and parents. The environment there is so inviting and friendly that you instantly feel like you're at home. The one thing I love about NCP though, is their business as a whole. I respect how NCP encourages immigrants to strive for their goals and create a better life for themselves in Canada. I truly believe what they do is a good thing and should continue to do so for a very long time.

I have learned many things during my time working at NCP. Many things such as different languages. I find it very useful to speak a little bit of each language because it makes it easier to communicate with both the children and parents. It also gives many opportunities into helping children to learn better.

My co-workers at NCP are just fabulous! When working along side with my co-workers, I feel so motivated to excel in whatever I am doing. My co-workers definitely encourage me and others to do the absolute best in anything. I appreciate that a lot in co-workers as it creates a healthy relationship, especially when working.

Overall, NCP is the greatest and I am so grateful for having the opportunity to work as their supply.
it is a great pleace to work since you learn something everyday, co-workers are always willing to help you and they enjopy their jobs. great environment!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcomer Centre of Peel. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5