New York Fries Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2018
This is a fun place to work if you like dealing with the general public. Sometimes can be tiring during the busy seasons of the year. Good owner to deal with
Amazing boss
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  saut ste marie11 March 2018
This was my first job and I learned so much from my co workers.

They ensure you learn every aspect of the job and how to interact with customers along with co-workers.
Great!
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 March 2018
Great job with amazing people. Everyone loves each other. The job itself is tough, but the environment and vibe around makes you get over it very quickly.
Very fast pace and fun in moments.
Front liner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2018
The job was always consistent, and no time to really stop. Good customer service and all. I learned a lot about how food businesses are really run. the hardest part of the job was when the line was always constant(christmas time). The most enjoyable was the employees and the customers. If there was ever a problem I felt as though it was a safe place where I could talk to someone about it.
Pros
Free lunches of our choice
Cons
The consistent moving for long periods of time
dont join them
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2018
They never increase your pay no matter how hard do u work they will make you work on a minimum wage for the rest of your life and the owner is cheap too.
Pros
you get 50% off on NYF
Cons
so many cons. cant de described in one sentence
Productive Place and Good Experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON13 February 2018
The job was good had a very good experience with the staff and it was a nice atmosphere. The boss was nice and got the employee's to take their jobs seriously but we would our talks here and there. Overall it was a nice experience, would work again there if given the opportunity.
Pros
discount on purchase of food
Cons
no comment
Fun to work with the team. Friendly and supportive.
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 February 2018
I have been working here since few months now. It is a nice experience all together to work in a fast paced restaurant. It is fun with coworkers around.
the type of work
Till work (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK24 January 2018
a steady day not to slow but not to fast

I learned a lot from my coworkers at first I could not us there fry maker but I soon made it work thanks to my coworkers

I had two managers both where really great people they helped me when I was in a bind like friend but they where also my managers

a fare mix of different religion and race it was a great learning experience

the hard part was trying to work the potato cuter and try not to burn my self om the oil

the best part of it was when I get done all my work and its before lunch rush
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working on important days like thanksgiving and others
unorganized
Server/Cashier (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC7 January 2018
• Take customers’ orders, prepare, heat and finish simple food items.
• Serve customers at counters, use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim food, portion and wrap foods, package take-out foods.
• Wash, and make fries, clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment.
• Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas.
Hard working environment
Cashier and Senior Kitchen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2017
Fast paced hard working job. Every worker earned their paycheck and was required to use as many individual skills as possible. Supportive staff and trustworthy management.
fun atmosphere to work in.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canada11 December 2017
Great place to work. Great job for someone looking for experience. Good place to practice and expand skills. Over all great place to work. And good management.
Pros
get to taste different kinds of poutine
Cons
working with very hot materials
productive
Fry Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON5 December 2017
I was in charge of taking costumers orders and making their food. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and I always looked forward to coming to work.
depressing and not for everyone
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
i think the job that frontliner do is not worth 11$ per hour company needs to understand that thing and try to make their employees by increasing the wage when they are making 6 to 8 grands per day
Fun workplace with the right people, depends heavily on this though
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 October 2017
Average day at NYF was very fun for the most part even while dealing with all the customers whom were mostly great. I learned a lot about disarming people who seemed disheveled or upset very quickly and turning their experience at our store into a very positive one. Management was very fun, but still plenty strict but much different in a positive way from every other job I've ever had. The hardest part of the job was seriously just dragging yourself away from home and comfort to show up; it was great once you were there but hard to psych yourself up to go to.
Pros
Free food (except for hot dogs which is reasonable)
Cons
No work benefits, hot and greasy environment
The dissapointment
Supervisor (Mississauga) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
When working in new york fries, it was;t too bad when i first started, however i did get promoted and they haven't given me the proper raise. We've had several managers get fired and it wasn't right because they were simply doing their job and head office didn't have the right to fire them but they did. I learned how to do cash out, for closing, and several health violations and how to prevent that. I learned a lot of about customer service. The job wasn't hard for me at all, at first lifting baskets were hard but i did get used to it. and the most enjoyable would be the co workers who always kept me in a good mood.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
head office and management
Could be better
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 September 2017
Could be better. There is a lot of drama here and it's not a healthy environment. It would be wise to work somewhere else. Management is very unprofessional
Pros
Free food
Cons
Gossip
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 August 2017
A very good place to work at cause I gained a lot of experience that I never had. Very friendly co workers. I learned a lot from Nee York fries that I was able to apply to my other job or volunteer work I had.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inflexible hours
Productive and fun environment
KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 August 2017
A typical day at work involves preparation of food orders, maintaining cleanliness of kitchen and work area and checking on supplies. it is a fun place to work in because the management and the staff are supportive and very welcoming. Everyone is willing to teach you how to do things.
Pros
very supportive team
typical place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 August 2017
its easy, and fun, see alot of new faces, its a simple job and i get paid decent. flexable hours and the bosses are so nice and laid back its unreal. i suggest this job
Pros
free food
Cons
Excellent learning experience and work environment
CASHIER/FRY COOK (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2017
Learned how to make fries and use the cash register. Learned how to cooperate with co workers and over come difficult situations in the best way possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Fries. Our community is ready to answer.