New York Fries Employee Review

View all New York Fries reviews

Micromanagement
Service Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2019
I loved working with my fellow employees but absolutely disliked my manager as he was very stubborn and always over my shoulder. It may just have been me but it felt as if he was always watching over me harder than the rest. However, I do applaud the standards that they made us work under. The problem was that that there was little to no space available to work nor was there much of a benefit other than working with good people. The amount of work we had to do in this location was crazy and though I am not one of the people who worked hard, the ones that did had to move to different jobs despite giving their all in this restaurant. He had been hoping to get the title of manager sooner than later but it was not granted and so he moved to a new place, which I would also have to advise other people to do if they work in a similar environment. There is little to no job advancement, only job security (and that's based on almost slave-like adherence to company rules and compliance to bad work hours, and a convincing brown-nosing attitude). Like all companies, they only care about the bottom line.

Other New York Fries Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2019
Very fast pace environment as my store was located in a popular mall. You are expected to memorize all the toppings to each poutine and various sizes to fry cups. It wasn't bad.
Productive and fun workplace
Sever, Cook (Former Employee) –  eaton centre13 May 2019
very friendly staff and managers, can be very busy especially during lunch rush but after a few weeks dealing with high volume customers will become much easier to handle. Must be able to multicast and be able to be timely with what work is given to the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Fries. Our community is ready to answer.