New York Fries Employee Review

View all New York Fries reviews

New York Fries
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2014
New York Fries was the second job I got in high school. Working there was a really good time for me. I started out as a cashier, and once the store got sold, we were trained to do all the positions. Through time, I became a cook, and eventually was the manager until I moved to St Catharine's for school.

As the manager, I had to do the stock, keep count on everything we had in the store, so that we don't run out and to place the order twice a week. I created schedule, working between the lives of busy students. I had to talk with the owner and head office a fair bit to keep everyone up to date on how the store was. I had to teach everyone about new promotions that came out. I trained new staff how to open and close the store, and the general responsibilities of working there.

All in all, working at New York Fries taught me both good leadership and teamwork skills.

Other New York Fries Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Food counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
Great environment for a first job. Learned the basic responsibilities for any job while learning the proper ways to communicate with customers and coworkers.
Not inclusive and organized place
Was a cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 April 2018
When I asked for more opportunities of work they'd simply not provide me with more hours or give me a valid reason why i'm not able to work on certain days. I was given one shift only throughout my 3 months working there. I didn't think I was valued.