New York Fries Employee Reviews for Front End Associate

Typical fast food job
Front-liner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 March 2019
It's a typical minimum wage fast food job really. Your co-workers are young and there's a lot of micro-managing from supervisors but overall the staff is generally friendly.

If your in a busy location, like I am, it can be stressful and if you work full-time you can expect long hours of standing. Closing shifts are a pain because chances are you'll have to stay 45-60 mins past close to clean up which can keep you until 10:00 at night and sometimes later.

Work hours are flexible which is perfect if your a high school or college student.

Customers are the worst part of the job tbh, and you'll probably smell bad after your shifts due to the fries.
Pros
Flexible schedules, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, physically tiring
Amazing boss
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  saut ste marie11 March 2018
This was my first job and I learned so much from my co workers.

They ensure you learn every aspect of the job and how to interact with customers along with co-workers.
Great!
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 March 2018
Great job with amazing people. Everyone loves each other. The job itself is tough, but the environment and vibe around makes you get over it very quickly.
Very fast pace and fun in moments.
Front liner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2018
The job was always consistent, and no time to really stop. Good customer service and all. I learned a lot about how food businesses are really run. the hardest part of the job was when the line was always constant(christmas time). The most enjoyable was the employees and the customers. If there was ever a problem I felt as though it was a safe place where I could talk to someone about it.
Pros
Free lunches of our choice
Cons
The consistent moving for long periods of time
Enjoyable but sometimes draining
Front liner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 April 2017
During the time I worked at New York Fries I had met some nice people who I enjoyed working with but there were some negative things about working there. When I had first started I was in training, obviously, their training was pretty good and it covered everything you had to do in a few weeks. I had good hours and I enjoyed working there. But after a couple months it started to emotionally drain me. There were some negative people in the workplace and it effected the way I would work. Majority of the people who worked there were very kind and enjoyable people. It was a decent first job and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there. I had to resign due to me needing a job closer to home.
Pros
good hours
Cons
negative people
Like working at New York Fries
Front Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 April 2016
I enjoyed the time I spent at NY Fries. I made new friends and got to experience what it was like having my first job which was quit enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Food industry
Long hours on your feet
Front-line Employee (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 June 2015
Took long to train me, got burnt a couple times, had to do dishes, make fries, gravy, cheese sauce, and prepare things to order. The people were great there though
Great starting job
Front and back staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 December 2012
It was my first time ever to get a job. Training is simple and easy. Friendly co-workers and fun to talk with. The hardest part of the job is cutting the potatoes and the most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet and communicate with many different faces as you work.
Pros
free fries
Cons
hard physical work to make fries