New York Fries Employee Reviews for Cashier

A great place to work at for your first job and learn for the experience, Also amazing management and a great work crowd that makes you feel like home
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2018
I began working at New York Fries in June 2014, during the same week as my last exams of grade 9. I just turned 15 I knew i wanted a job to get experience, make money to afford my own things and have something to do in my spare time. New York Fries was amazing for giving me hours whenever i needed them and still to this day whenever I go home with no doubt they will give me shifts since they always love an extra helping hand! Hardest part of the job would definitely be working with all boys but the most enjoyable part is that its a small store so once your work there, you'll learn everything so quick and never want to leave!
Pros
Free food, Great people
Cons
Mall-Short hours
Working at New York Fries
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 May 2018
Working at New York Fries is my first job ever. I love working there, my employees and supervisors are really nice and friendly. They're always there for me, through the bad and the good.
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 April 2018
It is a good first job, and a great way to enter into the work field. It does get quite busy at times, however it is typically managable. The hardest part of the job would most likly be the long end of the day clean up.
Pros
good first job
Cons
Late shifts
Lots of opportunity
Full time Cashier/Team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
I worked less than a year in New York Fries and I have learned so much from being a cashier, to fryer and providing excellent costumer service. My coworkers were always helpful and encouraging. I love working at New York Fries because not only I improved my skills this job also helped me saved money to pay off OSAP.
Pros
Manager was really nice and very professional on top of that I can get to bring home free food
Cons
I did not get enough hours
Productive and fast pace work place
Cashier/Fry Chief (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 January 2017
A typical day at work included handling cash and serving food in a timely manner with a smile on my face. Working at New York Fries taught me how to be a leader from my times training new staff members the day to day routines of how to open and close the store and handle food safely.
Nice place; would recommend as starter
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 June 2016
Now, in total, I've been working at New York Fries for 2 years. In those two years, I have worked with some awesome people. Some of which had become my best of friends over time.

As for the management, Now, this isn't in all stores, but in the one I worked at before moving to another one in another city; they were very...judging. Now, what I mean is that, you would book a day off that wasn't busy or it wasn't part of the holiday (Say, your birthday), and they would complain that you booked it off.

Contradictions are what they live for basically. The management would never tell you straight answers, but expect you to know everything. It was, for the most part, annoying.

I would not recommend this place as somewhere you stay. A stepping stone at most, so I would say get this job, but as a starter job
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Sneaky Management
Fun work experience with co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 June 2016
Is a very fun workplace with the people you work with, they keep the place very lively. If you are new, you are treated a bit better, but after two weeks, you may end up getting screamed at.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Doesnt give enough work shifts
customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  eaton centre30 May 2016
My day at work starts with cashing people and help in kitchen and serve customers.
As it was my first job in canada i learned first thing about customer service.
My manager used to work with me. She is the first person who taught me about running the business.
I had good co-workers. they helped me cope with my first work in Canada.
hardest part of the job is how busy the store get. and meeting the customer satisfaction in waiting period.
I enjoyed working with my co workers. Pace of the business was prettty busy but it was always good to work with customers.
Pros
good management
Cons
busy environment
workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
I would get in to open the store .Make sure everything is tidy and clean ready for open. Its pretty quiet in the morning but when lunch kicks in, it gets pretty busy. I've learned to multitask and be efficient at my jobs. Customer service is my strong point and now I'm looking to be a leader in the near future.
Pros
good fellow workers and customers
Cons
greasy clothes
OK place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 February 2016
Great employee discount. Typical day at work, cut and cook potatoes from scratch and prepare sauces and veggies for service. Some nice co-workers and OK management. But very little advancement in this company!
everything
Cashier Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2015
amazing for students , boss is nice and reasonable , flexible hours , amazing discounts , vacation time, co workers are amazing , fun place to work , always enjoyed showing up to work here
learning how to communicate better with others
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2015
fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my coworkers and learning from them.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2014
A typical day at work could be tiring or easy depending on the day and also the number of hours of work for the day.
Over all i really enjoyed working at New York Fries.
Employers are not always very down to earth or easy going but the experience is what means the most to me while at New York Fries.
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener8 February 2014
Great Starter job
Learned allot of Starting skills
Cash , preparing food
A fun place to work to gain experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2013
From the time I start my job, I will have to be on my feet serving customers with a pleasing personality.
Co-workers have always been very co-operative.
On a very busy day, it is a bit of stress, but enjoyable.
End of the day job satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Free food
Full time or part time, they had it all
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 May 2013
The best manager I ever had was at the Whitby location, her name was Sarah. She provided awesome scheduling for employees who did their job correctly. Fast and fun environment, with great co workers
everything
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC9 March 2013
Its not an easy job there are lot's of things you have to learn and do on your own . The environment was not the greatest to work in because it seemed that people cared more about starting problems than the work. The management skills was not the greatest either because the job for ordering supplies etc. was never done right . The manager would barley ever show for her shift . So i would always get double booked or go in on my days off witch i did not mind doing all tho after awhile it tends to get annoying . The district manager made it seem that he dint care about you're safety as long as his work got done
Pros
i learned a lot of new skills and experiences
Cons
was not managed properly