New York Fries Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

family oriented
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 July 2019
This is a nice place to work with it being right in the mall but the management can be very strict. Personal conversation at any time is intolerable and meetings happen frequently.
cool
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 August 2018
Great place to work for, great environment, management knows what they are doing. Schedules accordingly. Very flexible and willing to work with your schedule.
Flexible schedule , immature management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 June 2018
The job is fast and physical in nature, which is no problem, however management consistently under-staffed days when they were not working. This lead to high stress and over-working employees (sometimes not getting breaks). In addition, the managers where very immature and childish- most were completely incompetent at basic tasks. In particular my manager was unprofessional and based hiring and employees more on unique characteristics than actual work ability. Really the only plus was easy to book do availability and good hours.
Pros
Free food on break, easy to book off days no questions asked
Cons
Managers immature, consistent under staffing
Easy, laid back, mindless work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2017
With a small menu and the small scale of the stores usually there is not very much to do so this job can be great if you are in high school or college and looking for some money on the side. It is the type of job that you go and work and never have to think about it outside of the job. The staff and management are good and it is enjoyable.
Enjoyable but sometimes draining
Front liner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 April 2017
During the time I worked at New York Fries I had met some nice people who I enjoyed working with but there were some negative things about working there. When I had first started I was in training, obviously, their training was pretty good and it covered everything you had to do in a few weeks. I had good hours and I enjoyed working there. But after a couple months it started to emotionally drain me. There were some negative people in the workplace and it effected the way I would work. Majority of the people who worked there were very kind and enjoyable people. It was a decent first job and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there. I had to resign due to me needing a job closer to home.
Pros
good hours
Cons
negative people
Decent foods job with iffy management.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 January 2017
Great place for a part-time or beginning job.
Most staff between high school and early university aged.
Managers between all KW stores are good friends, so that is the only way to become one.
Pros
Great start up job
Cons
No room for advancement
Pretty well rounded workplace.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 August 2015
Honestly, this was probably the best place for me to work part time while attending school. They're incredibly flexible with hours and the job is relatively easy once you get into the swing of things. Christmas is crazy, but totally worth it as you really get to understand the job, as well as learn to maintain a clean and stocked store while handling customers. I honestly feel so prepared for any other retail job I'm going to have within the next few years.
Pros
Staff incentives, supervisor camping trips, tubing for all staff members, christmas presents (varies by store)