New York Fries Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Hard working environment
Cashier and Senior Kitchen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2017
Fast paced hard working job. Every worker earned their paycheck and was required to use as many individual skills as possible. Supportive staff and trustworthy management.
Productive and friendly management
Counterperson (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 November 2016
Enjoyed working here! Management was very friendly and customers were very pleasant. This was one of my first counter person jobs. The most enjoyable part was that I made friends here, without it affecting our work ethic.
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
short staffed
Job
Food preparation and customer service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
Awesome people
Tasty food
Rude customers
Weird mall
Interesting views
Pros
50% off, mall discount
Cons
Rude people
A challenging job that will help your grow.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 June 2016
New York Fries is one of the more demanding quick service restaurants for the individual. You are expected to work all aspects of the store (Cooking, cleaning cash handling etc.). This allows the individual to really hone on their multitasking skills and their ability to adapt. The company prides itself in customer care and cleanliness as well, which helps the workers learn to be more detailed oriented. This company has taught me a lot about the industry and would be beneficial to anyone who works there.
Pros
Flexible General Manager
Cons
High turnover can lead to long stressful days
Fun workplace and good management.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2016
My first job I got as an immigrant. Typical busy fast-food place. Love the poutine. The management and the owner are great people to work with.
workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
I would get in to open the store .Make sure everything is tidy and clean ready for open. Its pretty quiet in the morning but when lunch kicks in, it gets pretty busy. I've learned to multitask and be efficient at my jobs. Customer service is my strong point and now I'm looking to be a leader in the near future.
Pros
good fellow workers and customers
Cons
greasy clothes
New York Fries
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2014
New York Fries was the second job I got in high school. Working there was a really good time for me. I started out as a cashier, and once the store got sold, we were trained to do all the positions. Through time, I became a cook, and eventually was the manager until I moved to St Catharine's for school.

As the manager, I had to do the stock, keep count on everything we had in the store, so that we don't run out and to place the order twice a week. I created schedule, working between the lives of busy students. I had to talk with the owner and head office a fair bit to keep everyone up to date on how the store was. I had to teach everyone about new promotions that came out. I trained new staff how to open and close the store, and the general responsibilities of working there.

All in all, working at New York Fries taught me both good leadership and teamwork skills.
Team Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2013
I Really Like The Team Work , its was fun , didn't had no problems with them , give you good and proper training .
Pros
Lots of hours, 2$ for food when working
Cons
no benefits
Productive, Fun, Relax, Rewards after a good days work
Manager, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2012
Working as a manager for a store company was extraordinary, which was kind of exciting making my own hours, I really liked it, it was a life changing opportunity that help men gain more experience in customer service.
Pros
free meals when increase of sales
Cons
not serving customers properly