New York Fries Employee Reviews in Cambridge, ON

Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 April 2018
It is a good first job, and a great way to enter into the work field. It does get quite busy at times, however it is typically managable. The hardest part of the job would most likly be the long end of the day clean up.
Pros
good first job
Cons
Late shifts
Good for a starter job
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2015
This job can be okay but it can get stressful quick. You have to do so many things for so little time. You serve customers, stock items, prepare the food, clean the store etc. You learn how to multitask really well in this job.

Management is okay I guess. Some managers are nice, some are too stiff. You will get yelled at for pointless things and mistakes so expect it. You also will never get your desired hours. Always never enough. The most I've worked was about 25 scheduled hours as a supervisor. Every position except the manager is part time so it does suck for a summer job.

The only thing I like was that it's in the mall so you meet a lot of cool people who come by regularly and also see your friends sometimes. It's a very social job.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Limited hours
Good job for starting in the work industry
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 June 2015
Working at NYF (New York Fries) feels like any other fast food chain. Days are spent normally serving customers or cleaning but mostly cleaning if the business days are slow. I have learned money managing skills, communication skills, and team management. Management is okay considering the general manager hasn't changed in years however store managers tend to change around frequently. In terms of co-workers and staff, management tends to hire people that work well together and can get along swimmingly. I can consider a few as very close friends. The hardest part about being a supervisor at NYF would have to be the customer complaints. You simply are not able to satisfy some people no matter how hard you try but your job forces you to try and please these people who verbally abuse you and your workers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is satisfying our customers. The job would feel a lot better if we got more appreciation for all of our hard work. Overall I feel like this job gives you a good taste of the working industry and gives you good skills to use later in life.
Pros
Free lunches, semi-flexible hours
Cons
Hours are not guaranteed unless you're a store manager.
Great environment and hard working team.
Cashier, Cook/Perpare (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 August 2013
A typical day at New York Fries would insist of running the cashier, cut and preparing fries as well as the cooking. During and after every shift I would participate in the clean up and re-stalking around the store.
What I have learned throughout this experience is how important team work is in such a little setting. New York Fries is an extremely small place which can get very busy and team work is an very important aspect when having a job. I also learned how to deal with cash.
Management was okay, I disagreed with some of ways they would come across things such as approaching us employees, as well as giving us unfair rights. All in all I had no big complaints.
My co-workers were the best. I enjoyed working with mainly all of them and the way they would come together as one was extremely impressive. They have grown to be long term friends and have became a big part in my life even though I no longer work their. They all brought a smile to my face and made me excited to come into work.
The hardest part of the job was being able to lift the heavy baskets. Due to the handles you must hold to carry the baskets full of fries were really heavy and unbalanced which got difficult after a while.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to interact with different customers in the mall and becoming kind of like a family with my co-workers. I am a very sociable person and enjoyed doing cashier a lot.
Pros
Free lunch, 2 Breaks, awesome workers, paycheck
Cons
Being mistreated
New york fries
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 July 2012
a typicalday would be both either fast or slow depends on how busy the mall is and how hungry people are but the work wasnt hard and some of the people there were really funny, nice, and easy to talk to.
Ive learned how to communicate better with customers and even employees, learned how to take control of a situation and gained better problem solving skills the management was okay at one time but then it went down hill for a while that always happens when a new person becomes the manager, the hardest part of the job was when it was the busiest it could be and me being on friers cooking and lifting the baskets of fries every second, being with the employees who later became my friends
Pros
free lunches