New York Fries

New York Fries Employee Reviews

Canada205 reviews
They treat you like a family. They are willing to give and share some advice to improve their working habits. Most of the time they will give some challenges on how to solve some problems, like asking questions about what will happen if the customer has a complaint, etc.
i always enjoyed to work with NewYork Fries as it utilize my skils and my interest to work at place that help and interact with people of multi-culture.
NYF definitely has it's ups and downs like most retail/restaurant jobs. Keep in mind that this is review should be taken with a grain of salt since I worked there before COVID-19 became the norm. During quiet days you would maybe work with one other person during peak times but for the most part you're working on your own, so you'll have to be the cashier and cook all at once. I learned how to multitask between handling customers and keeping the store presentable but some days would be busier than others which can be stressful, especially during closing shifts.

It's a great place for students because they're very flexible with your school schedule. If you end up becoming the manager/assistant manager be prepared to have very little free time. You'll get plenty of call-ins that you'll end up having to cover a lot of the time which is also pretty stressful but if you have a good team, it makes it really worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, they made it a great experience. The worst part would be how understaffed we were, which made working tough some days.
For the months that I worked at NYF, they treated me with the upmost respect. They are very good at explaining the steps to keeping a organised workspace.
Working here was very stressful the entire time I was an employee. The owners don't really care for their employees health. I did learn new things while working here but for the most part I did not like my job.
Working here is fun and exiting. Everyone worked together to help each other out. It taught me that management plays an important role and with teamwork you can achieve greater task in hand. They also gave important in one's view point on resolving problem and changing on how work can be done in safe and fast way, and also complying with industry standards.
a good management
nice colleagues

flexible rules

easy to work

teamwork

good pay rate

responsibility towards handling cash and handling complaints of the customers.
Typical day has busy and non-busy hours. Learned most tasks in the store such as cashier and back lines. Hardest part is to push through busy hours. Eating fries with half prices in the store is enjoyable.
Great place to work as a part time or full time. Positive environment, friendly staff.
Store managed very well, manager understands the student problem specially.
I recommend this work as a part time job because it has flexible schedule depending on your wants. Easy job for those who starting their careers and gain experience
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New York Fries?
The store has a face paced working environment. The team members are so supportive and coordinates with everyone. There is a lot of work but due to team members it becomes so simple.
Job is easy if you pick things up quickly, and are fast. Management is really good, both (boss & manager) are really good at problem solving. Like all fast food restaurants you have the good and the bad customers, but its all on how you answer to them. For some that could be the most difficult part of the job if they do not like conflict.
Pros
Discounted food
I been here 15 years and enjoy my job. Mall hours work well with holidays and enjoy the changing customer flow. Small staff size makes it like a family
Everyone is fairly nice, customers are usually really nice but there are those few that can be rude but that's what's it's like in fast food. It tends to get busy but isn't too bad.
Amazing owners, very kind and flexible. Everyone I worked with was helpful, supportive, and fun to work with. Easy job for the most part, keep in mind working here you do not just work one position but all over the store. As all stores are located in malls, Christmas time is extremely busy and fast-paced, but summers and day times during the week can be slow.
Always ready to guide and explain without any hesitation
Placed in the mall, therefore people and children will be around you

Good experience to interact with all kinds of customers
Working at New York Fries was easy as the tasks were taught well and the supervisor is extremely understanding. The work is fast-paced ; However my team members were very considerate and understanding as I was only new at the time and did not know the tasks well.
My position at New York Fries was just the job i needed to help me get off my feet when i first moved to st Catharines. It is an intense workplace but pays well
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
Manager was not the most pleasant half the time
the mornings where slow. learned how to make the sauces, fires, and how to cut them. the managers where nice. training people how to use the till. making people laugh and having fun while working
Good for your first job/breaking into the job market
nothing special

stressful and not worth the pay

expect to get burned a few times

I wouldn't recommend working here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
Just making fries and poutines with the occasional hot dog. Relaxed environment unless its lunch hours. I would recommend as a good first job to gain experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heavy lifting