New York Fries

New York Fries Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

People are very social. Clean workplace. Follow all food safety protocols. Owner and manager both very approachable . Only serves fresh food options and has some gluten free choices as well.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Slow periods

Good Manager. Brutal Pay

Fun to work with other staff. Manager was good but stressed because they couldn't pay people enough to keep them. A living wage is the only way to fix this.

Helpful management

I got a massage from them for an interview and they hired me and gave me paid training. Also I am an international student so I asked them for permanent resident help. They help me with no extra cost. I got my PR just because of 2 years of experience. It is a fun and happy place to work. Owners are really helpful and honest people. They will help you with any needs.

Pros

50% off

Cons

the people who work there are hard to work with

people are really pushy and don’t let you do anything others just don’t do anything at all. the managers are very nice and understanding there and do provide very flexible hours.

Pros

free food

Cons

boring

Amazing owner, manager and staff. Like one big family. Show up, work hard, feel appreciated. They treat there employees very fairly, this is often a first job for some teens and it is a great environment.

Pros

You get a meal when working.

Fun work place

Fun and fast working environment. Great management. Owner never let you down. Always help you and show you easy and fast way to complete your work. Easy to learn everything.

Job is simple, lots of drama. Competitive hours

Work place has lots of drama. Some created by manager. Not really worth working and dealing with staff. Owner cares for employees and is willing to work with schedules and life struggles.

Pros

Simple, good workout

Cons

Ok management. Angry customers. Poor care for employees by headoffice.

Very stressful work environment, not worth minimum wage

The Job itself was straight forward; easy to learn things such as labeling, food preparation, And cash system, and cleaning routines; however, the job is very stressful. More often than not, there would be issues between coworkers, low hours despite what is told to you in the interview, a bad customer base, and there is an endless amount of work that needs to be done on the store that the owner refuses to acknowledge. As a hard worker I frequently would be placed with a less competent staff member and would end up doing the job of 3 people myself. I also felt as if the owner and general manager lacked trust in the staff, they were always watching the cameras and nitpicking every thing the staff did. Overall a job you should only take if you desperately need a job fast.

Pros

Manager is Friendly and very hard working

Cons

Unpaid lunches, no free meal or extras, low wage.

Nice workplace

Working at New York Fries is exciting especially withMy nice boss but sometimes tough because you have to wash potatoes and sometimes carry boxes of potatoes

Pros

Free food, nice boss

Cons

Heavy work

Coworkers are amazing but the owners and management suck

Been working at my location for two years I absolutely love all of my coworkers we’ve gone through two managers both have been horrible and the owners knew about both how they were treating us and did not care or do anything to fix it when we report it to them also they are just very horrible to normal Frontline workers And often Mess up your pay and refused to fix it

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Cons

Horrible bosses

stressful work environment

it's a fast-paced environment, typically for a man's job cutting buckets of potatoes. bad management, not a competitive salary, it's not a fun job stressful workmates.

Cons

long hours and no free lunch

The people there are nice specially the manager and my crewmates they help me learn and help me get the job done

The employee's of new york fries are very warm welcoming they will help you in every way they can so you can learn all the things you need they will support you in everything and help you build up your confidence

Productive and easy to work with co-worker and the owners

They treat you like a family. They are willing to give and share some advice to improve their working habits. Most of the time they will give some challenges on how to solve some problems, like asking questions about what will happen if the customer has a complaint, etc.

Great experience to work in a work friendly Environment

i always enjoyed to work with NewYork Fries as it utilize my skils and my interest to work at place that help and interact with people of multi-culture.

Great place to learn to work independently, but can be stressful

NYF definitely has it's ups and downs like most retail/restaurant jobs. Keep in mind that this is review should be taken with a grain of salt since I worked there before COVID-19 became the norm. During quiet days you would maybe work with one other person during peak times but for the most part you're working on your own, so you'll have to be the cashier and cook all at once. I learned how to multitask between handling customers and keeping the store presentable but some days would be busier than others which can be stressful, especially during closing shifts. It's a great place for students because they're very flexible with your school schedule. If you end up becoming the manager/assistant manager be prepared to have very little free time. You'll get plenty of call-ins that you'll end up having to cover a lot of the time which is also pretty stressful but if you have a good team, it makes it really worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, they made it a great experience. The worst part would be how understaffed we were, which made working tough some days.

Very fun worplace

For the months that I worked at NYF, they treated me with the upmost respect. They are very good at explaining the steps to keeping a organised workspace.

Bad job

Working here was very stressful the entire time I was an employee. The owners don't really care for their employees health. I did learn new things while working here but for the most part I did not like my job.

Produtive and Team building work enviroment.

Working here is fun and exiting. Everyone worked together to help each other out. It taught me that management plays an important role and with teamwork you can achieve greater task in hand. They also gave important in one's view point on resolving problem and changing on how work can be done in safe and fast way, and also complying with industry standards.

Relaxed Working place

a good management nice colleagues flexible rules easy to work teamwork good pay rate responsibility towards handling cash and handling complaints of the customers.

Not too bad

Typical day has busy and non-busy hours. Learned most tasks in the store such as cashier and back lines. Hardest part is to push through busy hours. Eating fries with half prices in the store is enjoyable.

Great place to work as a part time or full time. Positive environment, friendly staff. Store managed very well, manager understands the student problem specially.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Fries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement