New York Fries Employee Reviews

Fun in the workplace
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON13 June 2018
i was able to communicate with co-workers and managers very easily. everyone came together very well and the chemistry for working together was impeccable.
Pros
Free Break
Cons
Not enough hours
Great employees
Crew (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 June 2018
Working as team, making the store neat, clean and organize. Helping one another if they need help, providing great customer service and great at preparing food.
Tough and Dead-end
Service Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2018
A typical day of work consisted of continuous standing. As long as the manager was around, despite the level of activity required, you were expected to be busy. Many days were quick paced and laborious--long rush hours. I definitely felt more comfortable when the supervisors around had a more relaxed demeanor. The most difficult thing to deal with were outrageous customers. The hardest part of the job is keeping the boss happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is performing tasks properly.
Good first job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB4 June 2018
A typical day at work was easy and easy to get used to. I learned how to clean dishes properly and how to stock items. I learned how to cook fries. The management was okay, not the best.
Pros
Free food at breaks
Cons
Employees werent the greatest
Working at New York Fries
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 May 2018
Working at New York Fries is my first job ever. I love working there, my employees and supervisors are really nice and friendly. They're always there for me, through the bad and the good.
Great Experience
Food counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
Great environment for a first job. Learned the basic responsibilities for any job while learning the proper ways to communicate with customers and coworkers.
Not inclusive and organized place
Was a cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 April 2018
When I asked for more opportunities of work they'd simply not provide me with more hours or give me a valid reason why i'm not able to work on certain days. I was given one shift only throughout my 3 months working there. I didn't think I was valued.
Guelph location pretty decent
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 March 2018
Mix of good and bad managers, mix of good and bad workers, but overall a good experience. Fairly laid back workplace with small stores and easily manageable tasks.
Pros
free food on breaks
Cons
stressful when busy
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2018
This is a fun place to work if you like dealing with the general public. Sometimes can be tiring during the busy seasons of the year. Good owner to deal with
Amazing boss
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  saut ste marie11 March 2018
This was my first job and I learned so much from my co workers.

They ensure you learn every aspect of the job and how to interact with customers along with co-workers.

Want to know more about New York Fries?

Ask a question
Great!
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 March 2018
Great job with amazing people. Everyone loves each other. The job itself is tough, but the environment and vibe around makes you get over it very quickly.
Very fast pace and fun in moments.
Front liner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2018
The job was always consistent, and no time to really stop. Good customer service and all. I learned a lot about how food businesses are really run. the hardest part of the job was when the line was always constant(christmas time). The most enjoyable was the employees and the customers. If there was ever a problem I felt as though it was a safe place where I could talk to someone about it.
Pros
Free lunches of our choice
Cons
The consistent moving for long periods of time
dont join them
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2018
They never increase your pay no matter how hard do u work they will make you work on a minimum wage for the rest of your life and the owner is cheap too.
Pros
you get 50% off on NYF
Cons
so many cons. cant de described in one sentence
Productive Place and Good Experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON13 February 2018
The job was good had a very good experience with the staff and it was a nice atmosphere. The boss was nice and got the employee's to take their jobs seriously but we would our talks here and there. Overall it was a nice experience, would work again there if given the opportunity.
Pros
discount on purchase of food
Cons
no comment
Fun to work with the team. Friendly and supportive.
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 February 2018
I have been working here since few months now. It is a nice experience all together to work in a fast paced restaurant. It is fun with coworkers around.
the type of work
Till work (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK24 January 2018
a steady day not to slow but not to fast

I learned a lot from my coworkers at first I could not us there fry maker but I soon made it work thanks to my coworkers

I had two managers both where really great people they helped me when I was in a bind like friend but they where also my managers

a fare mix of different religion and race it was a great learning experience

the hard part was trying to work the potato cuter and try not to burn my self om the oil

the best part of it was when I get done all my work and its before lunch rush
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working on important days like thanksgiving and others
fun atmosphere to work in.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canada11 December 2017
Great place to work. Great job for someone looking for experience. Good place to practice and expand skills. Over all great place to work. And good management.
Pros
get to taste different kinds of poutine
Cons
working with very hot materials
productive
Fry Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON5 December 2017
I was in charge of taking costumers orders and making their food. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and I always looked forward to coming to work.
depressing and not for everyone
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
i think the job that frontliner do is not worth 11$ per hour company needs to understand that thing and try to make their employees by increasing the wage when they are making 6 to 8 grands per day
Fun workplace with the right people, depends heavily on this though
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 October 2017
Average day at NYF was very fun for the most part even while dealing with all the customers whom were mostly great. I learned a lot about disarming people who seemed disheveled or upset very quickly and turning their experience at our store into a very positive one. Management was very fun, but still plenty strict but much different in a positive way from every other job I've ever had. The hardest part of the job was seriously just dragging yourself away from home and comfort to show up; it was great once you were there but hard to psych yourself up to go to.
Pros
Free food (except for hot dogs which is reasonable)
Cons
No work benefits, hot and greasy environment