NEW VISTA SOCIETY

NEW VISTA SOCIETY Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
It was an interesting place to work at the time. I did learn a lot. However, it was difficult to implement changes, partly due to some of the staff finding changes difficult to accept.

I have heard new changes implemented after management changes; perhaps it is better now.
Very fake horrible ugly managers. I would never ever recommend this place!No matter how good you are at your job they will still let you go. Horrible!
Culture in recreation/rehab department is supportive and there is teamwork. Things are changing but hopefully for the better. Lots to learn from managers and colleagues too. Not a perfect place to work at but open to improvement and suggestions.
I am working 5days a week improve my skill and help team management are very good person and always they helping. work place all happy at break time taking.
CEO only cares about how he looks in front of the board will throw you under the bus to save himself total management change over he would bring in his own people and then fire them for under performing you will get know support from him or the HR director
arrogant, unprofessional, will blame you for their mistakes and/or their lack of knowledge, if you good do not show otherwise you be target to persecution and potential lay off. If you not good in what you doing, might as well stay. If you anyways decided to apply and stay work - advice: be quiet say nothing but, yes sir or yes madam
Pros
excellent multi functional coffe machine in Caffe
Cons
everything else
New Vista now is under "control" of BC Housing, I would have hoped, funds were not wasted over by incompetent management, employees were treated respectfully and acknowledged for their good job done and not blamed for management's faults. Specially some mechanism implemented by BC Housing to control spending of monetary resources in productive way and not to the private advantage. I mean contracting projects, choosing and controlling contractors for the quality of work, and usefulness for the property. Perhaps some independent (from Vista) feedback from employees who see and pinpoint corruption. In general stop management from acting like Gods and Kings over the rest of us!!!
That probably is a voice crying in the wilderness anyway.

Hope too CEO wold read this review. Cheers.
Pros
work itself is O.K. if you do what you like to do.
Cons
people, people, people
management chosen according to language you speak, not knowledge or experience. You will be treated line slave, and the let you fill it. Advancement? forget it.
Pros
mone is not so bad
Cons
every thing else
Environmental manager was unprofessional and rude to residents and staff. HR did not handle work place disputes in a professional way. Most of the housing staff were unhappy and it made it a toxic work place.
benefits
Cons
bad management staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NEW VISTA SOCIETY?
Very friendly communicate, great workers, flexible for volunteer schedules. Perfect for students, would recommend. Many different types of volunteer positions.
i speak on behalf of the entire dietary dept. we all know the board will not contract out so it is good because we get paid great and benefits are the best. but working here is not good because there is no trust in the new management since the good managers all left 5 years ago. sad but true. unfortunately the care staff dont care any more about the residents or home. but i guess because we are funded by fraser health authority nobody knows the truth because if we were private nobody would want to live here thats for sure.
Pros
money and benefits are the best
Cons
poor management and bad care, bad food, not friendly
Working at New Vista allows me to make a difference in the lives of seniors. I am able to provide a safe and home environment and allows me to go home knowing that I have made a difference in someone's day.
Pros
medical and dental benefits
Cons
frequent management changes
This is a Dog-eat-dog Society - all you have to have is a "spine" to get in, not necessary knowledge nor experience. Money, time are wasted because of poor decisions. Non profit organization - who cares?, Government will cheep in, if funds run out. And if you know better, shut up, for otherwise you find yourself quickly outside. If you intelligent enough, you'll get the rest of the story.
Pros
good salary, benefits
Cons
poor management, poor HR
great.Many shifts to work gives alot of flexibilty.All staff is wonderful to work.Work environment is freindly and welcoming.
lots of systems need to be set up
poor management

long days

unhappy management team

morale is low

there are some excellent hardworking staff

the staff have learned to get around systems that they believe do not work for them.
Pros
potential for lots of good work to be done
Cons
no money, lack of systems
work is a fun and interactive place to work with the residents and fellow employees