NEW HORIZONS COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Bad company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 April 2019
Very bad place to work bin in communications for years and this was the worst place I’ve ever worked look someplace else for work they lie about work and then take your money from you when you leave a joke company
Don’t bother working here
Installer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON20 February 2019
If you want a place where they work you like a slave and never give you any praise then this is the company for you. I worked here for abit and never once got a rise or even a Christmas gift. They talked about getting rrsp s for about 5 years and nothing got set in motion. Asked for me to travel which I did and had to fight ever time to get meal money and when I did it was the lowest possible rate. Working on weekends for regular pay was also not fun, but owner and supervisors didn’t care as they never had to work them. The pay is piece work and some weeks were ok and when it was slow pay checks were pretty sad, for the amount of work one did. To get a half decent pay check you pretty much had to work 7 days and even then it wasn’t that good.. I would only work here if you want no life, work long hours for little to no pay and dont care if management treats you like a low life...
Pros
Take van home
Cons
Everything else
Garbage
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON18 February 2019
Company does not care about emplyees, very greedy company. Working conditions are not the greatest. Not provided with top of the line safety equipment. just a terrible company to work for. Pay is unacceptable, employer said $50,000 to $60, 000 or higher. Impossible to achieve these types of pay.
Pros
Cons
long hours, terrible pay
Best job I've had.
Crew Leader - Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON24 June 2018
The New Horizons team was amazing. I spent an awesome 5 or so years working all across eastern Ontario on many different projects. Supervisors were always encouraging independence and advancement in the company and provided feedback that insured growth in the workplace
Pros
Flexable
Cons
None.
Lots of independence and ability to make more money
Installation, Repair & Home Security Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, ON10 June 2018
I currently work for New Horizons Communications. The management and administrative staff are awesome. Tons of independence as you are deciding how to plan your day and make all the decisions yourself on the worksite. Says 35000-50000 a year but I know from experience that making 60000 is easy if you take the odd extra job and make the odd sale. Winters slow down and summers are busy but it all balances out. Company vehicle is a plus as well. Definitely lots of opportunity to train for other roles in the company. In the telecom industry thats always something to take advantage of.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Commissions, flexibilty, independence
Cable tech
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 October 2017
no worth working for will promises employment and lay off once busy season is over.moved here from another province only to be laid off.
moved my family including my two children only yo be left out in the could.this company promises 35 to 50 thou a yeare but more like less tn $120 a day, good luck if you work for them.
Great work environment
Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 April 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years and enjoyed it a lot. There are some long and short days, but is worth it in the end.

Understanding company and great people to work for.