New Horizon Co-op Employee Reviews

Community minded, invested in their people
Marketing Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 January 2018
A typical day in my job, is managing our Facebook page, promoting events that take place at our locations, as well as bringing forth new opportunities for our company to grow and become more involved with our community. I am continuing to learn about the financial elements of my job, and am growing my computer skills.My Management Team is amazing with the support they give and the tools they provide for continued learning and improving in your position. Our workplace is a positive one where input is welcomed. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills and the people I meet from so many different organizations that we deal with.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Hr Director (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 January 2018
New Horizon Co-operative hires from within. There are lots of room for advancement with this company. They offer great benefits like Superannuation employer matched pension plan, employee discount, etc. Brand and Safety are a major focus.
Office Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 October 2017
A very enjoyable,sometimes hectic but overall well balanced workplace. a very respectful and accommodating office, well organized and timely. Every current employee gets along well and has a strong working relationship.
Petty and poorly run management
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 July 2017
Working at the co-op is alright, but when it comes to managers the co-op chooses the most inexperienced, immature and petty people who are not fit for the job at all. Management doesn't understand the employees and has unreasonable expectations for them
Pros
good starting salary
Cons
bad management
office job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 January 2017
lots of computer work, sitting all day long. dealing with customers and very heavy workload. Small office not for me but ideal for someone suited to sit all day
always were running around
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB26 July 2015
telling stocker's/cashier's what they're job were for that day
helping customers,taking phone calls/messages
worked till and helped with stock
Average-Joe grocery store work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 July 2015
Working at the co-op is great. The people are great, the wage is great (compared to other grocery stores in town). The management team are wonderful people. The best part of working there is the interaction that you get with customers. They are all just wonderful people.
Pros
Amazing benefits.
Cons
No consistent work schedule.