New Horizon Co-op

New Horizon Co-op Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
I loved working for Grande Cache New Horizon Co-Op. It was a great work environment with great people and staff members. Management is fantastic and the town is also really great.
Typical work youd expect from a cashier/stock job. management went above and beyond to help you out if needed.co-workers were friendsly, supportive and willing to go the extra mile to get things done
Working here is badly managed and expected to do tasks that are to much for one person ,safety not a issue ,and no tools to complete the work
Working at co-op has showed me that you can really build a family like environment in a place where most people dread being. Every day that I walk into work the energy is always so high it instantly turns my bad mood into a good one. you can build relationships and friendships with the regular costumers who come in, especially the people who fill up with fleet cards you start to remember them by name.
Pros
Lots of fun with co-workers, breaks are timed perfectly
Cons
Slow paced, repetitive
A typical day in my job, is managing our Facebook page, promoting events that take place at our locations, as well as bringing forth new opportunities for our company to grow and become more involved with our community. I am continuing to learn about the financial elements of my job, and am growing my computer skills.My Management Team is amazing with the support they give and the tools they provide for continued learning and improving in your position. Our workplace is a positive one where input is welcomed. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills and the people I meet from so many different organizations that we deal with.
New Horizon Co-operative hires from within. There are lots of room for advancement with this company. They offer great benefits like Superannuation employer matched pension plan, employee discount, etc. Brand and Safety are a major focus.
A very enjoyable,sometimes hectic but overall well balanced workplace. a very respectful and accommodating office, well organized and timely. Every current employee gets along well and has a strong working relationship.
working at co-op was nice, the staff there are great, the turnover for cashiers was very high though, and some of the cash supervisors weren't very nice.
Pros
best dougnuts in town yummm
Cons
inconsistant hours
Working at the co-op is alright, but when it comes to managers the co-op chooses the most inexperienced, immature and petty people who are not fit for the job at all. Management doesn't understand the employees and has unreasonable expectations for them
Pros
good starting salary
Cons
bad management
lots of computer work, sitting all day long. dealing with customers and very heavy workload. Small office not for me but ideal for someone suited to sit all day
telling stocker's/cashier's what they're job were for that day
helping customers,taking phone calls/messages

worked till and helped with stock
Working at the co-op is great. The people are great, the wage is great (compared to other grocery stores in town). The management team are wonderful people. The best part of working there is the interaction that you get with customers. They are all just wonderful people.
Pros
Amazing benefits.
Cons
No consistent work schedule.