New Frontiers School Board

New Frontiers School Board Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
The workplace culture was supportive and collaborative and the teachers are dedicated to facilitating student success. The staff social committee is active and they plan fun and diverse activities.
Pros
Collaborative, Supportive
Cons
Job security
It is disappointing to work there the last few years as it doesn't matter what qualifications you have and how good you are to your job. What matters is whether you have a friend/family member working there and if administration likes you or not. The majority of the colleagues are very helpful and willing to collaborate, however the administration is very poor and it is based on favoritism, to the point that it creates conflicts between staff members, they never resolve any issues, rather they create more and their only goal is to create more and more rules that they bend for their favourite ones. Definitely not a place to grow as a professional.
i believe working for the School Board its who you know, that is the only way you get to work for them, its not your diplomas that count its always who you know.
This school board is unethical and I wouldn't waste your time. Instead of working with teachers and offering useful professional development, they give you no feedback or chance to develop at all. You only get ahead if you are related to or friends with management.
Was a great experience being able to work with others who are so passionate about their profession. A great environment of people working together for better outcomes.
New Frontiers is a good place for work. The culture there is friendly, relax and collaborative. People respect each other. and they help each other. I like my supervisor, she is a very nice and smart lady. We become friends. She has a lot of cultural tolerance, very acceptable the people from other culture.
Pros
Free coffee and snacks
It can be hard at times, working in a school takes. A very sense of humour .some times it is stressful ,but most of the time it is calm
I am always excited when entering the classroom and teaching my skill and seeing them grow in each and everyone around me.

Meeting new students, embracing new cultures and ways of learning.

I am thankful for the experience I received at Nova Career Centre. Everyday was a learning experience for not only my students but for myself as well.

Best part of my day in know I am contributing to all my co-workings and especially my students towards earning their diplomas in their desired field of work.
Pros
best hours, awesome pay
I was put in a situation where I needed to quickly organize and manage classrooms with limited time. It is a great experience with a great department staff but school board needs more organization.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Frontiers School Board. Our community is ready to answer.
New Frontiers School Board Reviews by Job Title