New City Contracting Employee Reviews for Project Coordinator

Great company! It offers the right environment for active learners who want to advance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2019
I've been in the company for four months now and so far I love it. There is great flexibility as the company gives you autonomy to do your job. What matters is to get the work done, not "punch in a time card". Upper management does not micro-manage you. On the other hand, you are expected to get the job done and achieve the desired outcome. Also, they expect you to be an active learner instead of someone waiting to be told how to do everything or be handed with a training material.

Salary/benefits got 4 stars only because there is no benefits, but salary is not bad at all. The company is willing to spend on the right person.

Job security/advancement got 4 stars because it is not big enough to offer massive advancement opportunities. I consider a 5 star the company I worked before this one, which was a 500 fortune company massively expanding in Canada and opening new positions all the time. New City, however, allows great employees to advance if they show they are capable, and it is also looking to expand and open new positions.

I can easily see the extra star coming soon to those two 4 stars items. It is a great moment to join New City in order to get the "smaller size company feeling" and benefit from the "big company opportunities".

I wouldn't miss a change to join.