New City Contracting logo
New City Contracting

New City Contracting Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC16 reviews

A great place to work in

I am so grateful that I was hired an year ago. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. After every event, Q&A, all-hands, there's an option to leave feedback and the feedback is actually read and action is taken.

Flaky

No structure in this company too many people in the company that don't know what they're doing 3 more HR people for Company this size doesn't need it obviously huge turnover

Pros

not worth the time

Cons

great if you don't work for them

Great company and a fun and supportive team

I am grateful to learn from great leaders and lucky to be involved in such a forward thinking, ambitious company.The owner constantly give us opportunities to change the company for the better. All the Senior team is super knowledgeable, helpful, caring and hard worker. This a great place for starters and for people with lots of ideas and hunger to lead new initiatives.

Pros

*Multicultural * Friendly environment * Fun *Supportive team

Cons

*No cons

Below average, no work life balance

Managers give too much work and not enough time leads to massive overtime. I work 60 hours/week. More than the typical 40 hours during the weekdays. I've also worked on weekends and the holidays. But everyone on the ncc team does it because there is no job security. The big boss does not care about the employees.

Pros

Free parking & food

Cons

Everything else

If it's too good to be true...it usually is

Pros: - Friendly coworkers - Benefits Cons: - Upper management doesn't really know how to run a tight ship - Employer isn't knowledgeable with the construction industry. He could care less about workers safety, as long as you finished your assigned task quickly that's all that matters. Taking shortcuts is fine. TDLR; the job is ok. Speed is the name of the game. Get your work done quickly ASAP even if you deliver low quality product to the client.

great company to work for!

- since day 1 they've helped me grow as an individual and in my position - 85% of the people that work for this company have been working here for a very long time - HR is very professional and they value employees - president and COO are both wonderful to work for and value employees - team atmosphere instilled from the front entrance all the way up to the president - sadly left because i was moving my whole life back home

Benefits

Cons

COVID affecting personable interaction with the lovely team

Productive and Relaxed Work Place

I am throughly enjoying my time working with New City Contracting. The owner is very welcoming and the Human resource department is one of the best I’ve seen since working in construction. The way this company is run has made me certain this is the industry I want to stay in. Thank you to everyone on my team for making me feel so welcome.

Productive and fun workplace

I’ve been working with New City contracting since the very beginning and I still turn up to work with a smile on my face. I have been a part of the growth and have loved watching New City grow into the great company it is today. We are growing day by day and not only do I teach every day I also learn every day from our wonderful team. I would highly recommend working with New city and I can’t wait to see our growth in 2020.

Innovative & Inclusive Work Culture

My position as an Administrative Assistant at New City Contracting is an umbrella that covers many roles. I joined this company eager to gain knowledge within their range of departments; and the 'growth-mindset' of my mentors allows me to constantly evolve & gain critical skills. The environment is ever-changing & the pleasantly diverse work culture is one of many enjoyable parts of the job NCC continuously adapts an innovative community leadership dynamic within their industry. You'll never feel alone in any challenges you may face at work because they understand that a collaborative organization is fundamental to build a winning-team.

Productive & Fun place to work , best work - life balance company culture

It's an amazing company and the employees feel positive, intend to stay and are motivated to exert extra effort at work. It is an organization that is highly adaptive, innovative, inclusive and responsible to the changing needs of its customers. Top management and leaders are connected with the employees. The company is focusing on attracting and retaining great talent and accelerates people's potential to the extraordinary.

Pros

Work from Home, Flexible Hours, Cooperative leadership and awesome team spirits

Cons

No cons

Jobs at New City Contracting

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

Good work experience, good pay

Productive employees, great team, good management with lots of support. Great company to get some experience with in general labour and to make some good money.

Not good

Was told that we would be doing rope access work but hadn't touched a rope for months after being hired. Unsafe work ethic and uneducated supervisors who were not IRATA or SPRAT certified. Very shady company.

Pros

Long hours.

Cons

rushed and unsafe work conditions.

good environment, horribly run company

Co-workers were great to work for, the owner couldn't care less about employee safety or work conditions. Quality work and safety were of little concern, speed was the company motto.

Fun place

Work environment is amazing, the owner is friendly. Office is clean and organized, coworkers are helpful and friendly. You can take your time to learn.

All around good company to work for

good work ethics with all employees. safe work .regular day time hours witch i liked a lot.most liked part of the day 5PM.

New City Contracting was an awsome place to work, the company held lunch BBQs for for the employees with a caring staff.

The BBQs that New City Contracting held where pot luck oriented and helped to build commendatory within the New City family. The company was also very competitive in the Restoration/Construction industry which also made it a very fast and quality based employer to work for. Professionalize

Pros

Instructions where executed very easy due to the professionalize.

Cons

I do not disagree with any of New City's methods of operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New City Contracting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement