New City Contracting

New City Contracting Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
I am so grateful that I was hired an year ago. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. After every event, Q&A, all-hands, there's an option to leave feedback and the feedback is actually read and action is taken.
I hope they get thier protocols in order. Disastrous waste of time with management requests and very poor trades makes a horrible working environment.
Pros
Ask for a rediculous amount of money - probably get it
Cons
Sacrifice quality workmanship for inexperienced engineer, management and financial backer demands
Managers give too much work and not enough time leads to massive overtime. I work 60 hours/week. More than the typical 40 hours during the weekdays. I've also worked on weekends and the holidays. But everyone on the ncc team does it because there is no job security. The big boss does not care about the employees.
Pros
Free parking & food
Cons
Everything else
Pros:
- Friendly coworkers

- Benefits

Cons:

- Upper management doesn't really know how to run a tight ship

- Employer isn't knowledgeable with the construction industry. He could care less about workers safety, as long as you finished your assigned task quickly that's all that matters. Taking shortcuts is fine.

TDLR; the job is ok. Speed is the name of the game. Get your work done quickly ASAP even if you deliver low quality product to the client.
- since day 1 they've helped me grow as an individual and in my position
- 85% of the people that work for this company have been working here for a very long time

- HR is very professional and they value employees

- president and COO are both wonderful to work for and value employees

- team atmosphere instilled from the front entrance all the way up to the president

- sadly left because i was moving my whole life back home
Benefits
Cons
COVID affecting personable interaction with the lovely team
I am throughly enjoying my time working with New City Contracting. The owner is very welcoming and the Human resource department is one of the best I’ve seen since working in construction. The way this company is run has made me certain this is the industry I want to stay in. Thank you to everyone on my team for making me feel so welcome.
I’ve been working with New City contracting since the very beginning and I still turn up to work with a smile on my face.

I have been a part of the growth and have loved watching New City grow into the great company it is today. We are growing day by day and not only do I teach every day I also learn every day from our wonderful team.

I would highly recommend working with New city and I can’t wait to see our growth in 2020.
My position as an Administrative Assistant at New City Contracting is an umbrella that covers many roles. I joined this company eager to gain knowledge within their range of departments; and the 'growth-mindset' of my mentors allows me to constantly evolve & gain critical skills.

The environment is ever-changing & the pleasantly diverse work culture is one of many enjoyable parts of the job

NCC continuously adapts an innovative community leadership dynamic within their industry.

You'll never feel alone in any challenges you may face at work because they understand that a collaborative organization is fundamental to build a winning-team.
I've been in the company for four months now and so far I love it. There is great flexibility as the company gives you autonomy to do your job. What matters is to get the work done, not "punch in a time card". Upper management does not micro-manage you. On the other hand, you are expected to get the job done and achieve the desired outcome. Also, they expect you to be an active learner instead of someone waiting to be told how to do everything or be handed with a training material.

Salary/benefits got 4 stars only because there is no benefits, but salary is not bad at all. The company is willing to spend on the right person.

Job security/advancement got 4 stars because it is not big enough to offer massive advancement opportunities. I consider a 5 star the company I worked before this one, which was a 500 fortune company massively expanding in Canada and opening new positions all the time. New City, however, allows great employees to advance if they show they are capable, and it is also looking to expand and open new positions.

I can easily see the extra star coming soon to those two 4 stars items. It is a great moment to join New City in order to get the "smaller size company feeling" and benefit from the "big company opportunities".

I wouldn't miss a change to join.
It's an amazing company and the employees feel positive, intend to stay and are motivated to exert extra effort at work. It is an organization that is highly adaptive, innovative, inclusive and responsible to the changing needs of its customers.

Top management and leaders are connected with the employees. The company is focusing on attracting and retaining great talent and accelerates people's potential to the extraordinary.
Pros
Work from Home, Flexible Hours, Cooperative leadership and awesome team spirits
Cons
No cons
Productive employees, great team, good management with lots of support. Great company to get some experience with in general labour and to make some good money.
Was told that we would be doing rope access work but hadn't touched a rope for months after being hired. Unsafe work ethic and uneducated supervisors who were not IRATA or SPRAT certified. Very shady company.
Pros
Long hours.
Cons
rushed and unsafe work conditions.
Co-workers were great to work for, the owner couldn't care less about employee safety or work conditions. Quality work and safety were of little concern, speed was the company motto.
Work environment is amazing, the owner is friendly. Office is clean and organized, coworkers are helpful and friendly. You can take your time to learn.
good work ethics with all employees. safe work .regular day time hours witch i liked a lot.most liked part of the day 5PM.
The BBQs that New City Contracting held where pot luck oriented and helped to build commendatory within the New City family. The company was also very competitive in the Restoration/Construction industry which also made it a very fast and quality based employer to work for. Professionalize
Pros
Instructions where executed very easy due to the professionalize.
Cons
I do not disagree with any of New City's methods of operations.