New Circles Community Services Employee Reviews

3.6Pay & Benefits
4.8Job Security & Advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Clothing Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2018
As a volunteer, you can contribute to the company's vision of helping struggling families meet their basic clothing needs, providing opportunities for newcomers to build employable skills and settle successfully, and reducing textile waste by diverting gently-worn clothing to those in need.
Pros
Volunteer hours
It is a volunteer organization providing clothing to the low income family and new comers in Canada
Retail Store Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
I worked at "New Circles" as a volunteer, to complete my course on Retail Sales Associate awarded by Retail Council of Canada.

It is nice a place with friendly working environment. All staffs are very cordial to help each other and to the customers finding their needs.

It is a good place to learn different aspects of retail customers service.
Pros
Free snacks are available for the learners
Cons
Flexible work hours
Absolutely excellent
Clothing Bank Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
Typical work includes folding clothes, stocking clothes, using the cash register. Breaks are rather frequent and we break for lunch or for a lesson or two. I personally would recommend any teen should go to this program for their community hours and valuable experience.
Pros
Excellent workplace environment
Cons
Very fun and diverse environment and good cause.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2012
New Circles is a non-profit charity organization that gives gently used clothes, sheets, shoes, purses, belts, Christmas gifts for low income families and organizes programs for youths, seniors and volunteers. It was fun and fast pas environment to work at. All the co-workers felt like family and the clients were kind. I enjoyed dressing up the dummies and organizing the clothes. The hard part was lifting up heavy objects. I learned about many different cultures and situations that low income families experience. I also learned more about fashion, brands and organization and taking surveys.
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
lifting heavy objects