NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS

NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS Reviews with Jobs

Canada18 reviews

Excellent company to work for. Very supportive HR and management team.

I have all the positive things to say. Very well organized workplace. Many long term employees the work culture is excellent. Very supportive management and open to new ideas and suggestions.The best HR team I have ever met and worked with.

7 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your time at New-Line. We appreciate the positive feedback and wish you the best in your future.

A great place to work with a great team dynamic

I've been with New-Line Hose & Fittings for just over 4 years and have never had a better job. It can get busy yet the team here works hard to get our customers moving. Like a well oiled machine. There are great benefits and the company social committee puts on great events. A great place to work!

23 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, we are so happy to hear that you enjoy your role at New-Line and we look forward to celebrating your continued success.

Insights into NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Management is horrible

Watch out for the management they lie and HR is lying and sneaky. They really really like to use the 30-day probation periods and try to keep them on people whenever they get a chance they seem to put them in place. It's a very manipulative place and I would not suggest it unless you feel like playing politics and acting a certain way to get through and play the game.

Pros

Weekends off

18 June 2021
Hello,We were saddened to read this review and feel it required a response.Sometimes despite common goal efforts, an employment relationship does not work out and in specific situations, this can leave lingering feelings of frustration or perceived unfairness.As a company including HR and all levels of Management we are committed to fairness, equity, consistency and respect for all team members across all our locations.We are truly sorry you felt the need to provide this feedback and and continue to wish you only the best in your future.

Good place to work, feel appreciated every day. Definitely recommend working here.

Working at New Line was a great experience from my first day to my last. The only reason I did not stay with the company is due to a job offer that I "couldn't refuse". The training was very good and appreciated, being in Sales I started for a couple days doing order picking and shipping and then a few days in the production zone, seeing a variety of the products that are supplied and manufactured at New Line. This was a great hands on opportunity for being new to the sales department as it gave a real experience of how the production team operates as far as scheduling and assembling hoses for customer orders giving a better understanding of lead times etc. to be able to communicate to the customer.Working in the sales department, I always felt respected by coworkers and management both in my department and throughout the company which was beneficial for learning about New Line's products and services. I feel appreciated by everyone at New Line. Plain and simple I enjoyed going to work every day I worked for New Line. The mood was always kept to a light and fun environment in the inside sales department even when very busy and stress levels could have climbed.Management has been very good, any time there was a discussion to be had about a situation it was done with with respect. This was one of the best parts of the work experience at New Line. As mentioned already, I felt appreciated and respected every day. The Covid19 protocols in place at New Line are very good under the suggestions from the PHO and are abided by stringently by everyone from cleaning, mask wearing, -

Pros

Positive workplace, company bought lunch, company supplied shirts/hoodies

31 May 2021
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with this wonderful feedback, we are so pleased to hear your experience was a positive one. Good Luck in your new career adventure!

Plenty of room for growth and opportunity!!

I have worked for several companies who have stated that they "allow room for advancement", but when the time came they didn't deliver. Not once has anyone at New-Line ever held me back. When moments of opportunity arise and you apply yourself to the goals you set, the sky is the limit! Plenty of room for growth here. I walked through the doors of New-Line applying for a job almost 5 years ago, and have worked my way into a career path. The owners and management teams have allowed me to become more than I once thought capable, and I am eternally grateful. I can honestly see myself retiring with this company in several years. All staff are treated with the same dignity and respect, no matter what job description you have. Hands down, the best place of employment in my experience!

Pros

Extended medical benefits, multiple staff incentive programs, staff recognition and appreciation, company wide social activities, the list goes on.

23 November 2020
Thank-you for this wonderful feedback; we are so pleased that you are happy at New-Line and we look forward to celebrating your continued and future success!

Great PLace to work

Could not complain at all. Great group of people and management takes care of it people. A great atmosphere along with fair wages makes a happy employee

Pros

environment

3 March 2020
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

Really great place to work

I have been with New-Line for almost a year now. I was so welcomed and the training program is great. Right away, people were trying to get to know me and offering help whenever I needed it. We have BBQ's and prizes, awards and can even win money on Safety Bingo. The warehouse is very organized and safe, unlike some of my previous jobs. They are always reminding people of all the different positions to train into and seem to genuinely care about people, their personal lives and what they want to do in the future. Really great support and I see myself here long-term.

Pros

Events. Lunches, Prizes, Really great people and training

Cons

Some of the managers need to be less your friend and more your manager

10 July 2019
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are very glad you are enjoying your career at New-Line so far and look forward to celebrating your future success.

Great incentives and benefits! Loads of advancement opportunities

I've been working for New-Line for approximately 6 months. Although I work in an office role, my first week consisted of cross-training in the warehouse with a day in each department. Through this experience, I can honestly say that New-Line is full of employees who love what they do and are happy in their roles. The company offers programs and incentives to keep people happy and motivated. Wages are very fair and are reviewed annually. The company is very coaching/training focused and prefers to promote from within whenever possible. The warehouse is very clean and organized; managers focus on safety which is rewarded through fun incentives. Although it has over 150 employees, it still has a family business vibe. People are respectful and friendly to each other and the company works hard to make people feel appreciated.

Pros

Company events, training, promotions/raises, good policies

23 May 2019
Thank-you for taking the time to review New-Line on Indeed. We are pleased you are enjoying your time here so far and look forward to celebrating your future success.

Former Employee

Great company that is focused on health and safety and employee advancement. Good wages and fair sales commissions and good people. Hard working, family oriented business.

19 June 2018
Thank-you for taking the time to provide a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at New-Line and wish you luck in the future.

Challenging and Rewarding

The training program is fantastic. I am a new employee and applied through Indeed and felt I should write about my experience so far. People at New Line want you to be successful and they put the early effort into a lot of training and support. Everyone has been so welcoming. It's a busy place and lots to learn but the days fly and we have a lot of fun. I am really enjoying it so far and can see myself here long term.

Pros

The people and the training

Cons

The parking lot fills up and sometimes you have to park on the street

Good work environment with ample opportunities for advancement

It is a fast paced work environment and the days go by quickly. There are so many positions in the company; if you have the drive you can advance very quickly and build a career not just a job. Management treats you well and social committee puts on fun events throughout the year.

Great Place to Work - Lots of room to grow

Being a long term employee, I've had the chance to work in many departments. Lots of great people and the negative ones don't usually make it anymore. Company is willing to move people around to best utilize skills so long as the person shows passion. Lots of training sessions and improvements in training. Owners are very much interested in all aspects of the business and try to stay in touch with every ones needs. Always an open line of communication if needed.

Pros

Room for movement, good culture

Cons

If you are the type of person that is only concerned with yourself, not a good place.

Great Company who respects their employees

New-Line Hose & Fittings is a great place to work!!! Lots of room to grow and acquire new skill sets. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I would strongly recommend this place to work as everyone is very passionate about what they do here.

Fast-paced company who respects their employees

As a past admin employee, I can say the company is fast paced with multiple daily transactions. You are given ample training and also the respect as a human being, you are allowed to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them! Great company, wouldn't hesitate going back if my career lead in that direction!

Pros

Great work/life balance

Cons

Very busy

Staying Busy Makes the Days Fly By!

I've always worked for "mom & pop shop" type companies, and (even though New-Line is fairly large) I fit right in. Same family owns it since they opened (1972), and constantly growing. I got hired on to do customer service, basically inside sales. The first few weeks they had me job shadow other positions in the company. At first I wasn't too pumped but have a better appreciation for other departments. I knew very little about hose or fittings before accepting this position, but the training was phenomenal. I do like finding answers for myself, so I excelled at the training tests. Hardest part: Saying no to a customer, didn't happen often but never liked giving away sale no matter what. Most enjoyable: Staying busy, a regular day feels like 3 hours because I kept so busy and focused.

Pros

"Small company" feel, decent pay, great support, innovative, employee lounge has an awesome view.

Cons

Vending machine always gets stuck, parking can be tough, lunch options are limited in the area.

Progressive and Challenging Work Environment

A growing company with a lot of room for advancement and growth. They truly care about their team members and have a strong reputation and great safety record. I would recommend this as a place to work for anyone looking for a fun, challenging atmosphere to learn and grow in.

Horrible management

Horrible safety record. Not a safe work environment and management does not care about worker safety. The warehouse managers take advantage of workers. HR no help and useless.

Fun place to work

Good place overall, needs some corporate touches. Management needs to learn how to be managers not buddies and separate the upper manager from the front line worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement