NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS

NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Could not complain at all. Great group of people and management takes care of it people. A great atmosphere along with fair wages makes a happy employee
Pros
environment
3 March 2020
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.
I have been with New-Line for almost a year now. I was so welcomed and the training program is great. Right away, people were trying to get to know me and offering help whenever I needed it.

We have BBQ's and prizes, awards and can even win money on Safety Bingo. The warehouse is very organized and safe, unlike some of my previous jobs.

They are always reminding people of all the different positions to train into and seem to genuinely care about people, their personal lives and what they want to do in the future.

Really great support and I see myself here long-term.
Pros
Events. Lunches, Prizes, Really great people and training
Cons
Some of the managers need to be less your friend and more your manager
10 July 2019
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are very glad you are enjoying your career at New-Line so far and look forward to celebrating your future success.
I've been working for New-Line for approximately 6 months. Although I work in an office role, my first week consisted of cross-training in the warehouse with a day in each department. Through this experience, I can honestly say that New-Line is full of employees who love what they do and are happy in their roles. The company offers programs and incentives to keep people happy and motivated. Wages are very fair and are reviewed annually. The company is very coaching/training focused and prefers to promote from within whenever possible. The warehouse is very clean and organized; managers focus on safety which is rewarded through fun incentives. Although it has over 150 employees, it still has a family business vibe. People are respectful and friendly to each other and the company works hard to make people feel appreciated.
Pros
Company events, training, promotions/raises, good policies
23 May 2019
Thank-you for taking the time to review New-Line on Indeed. We are pleased you are enjoying your time here so far and look forward to celebrating your future success.
15 May 2019
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review of New-Line.
We are exciting to hear you are enjoying your experience so far and look forward to celebrating your continued success as a member of the New-Line team.
Great company that is focused on health and safety and employee advancement. Good wages and fair sales commissions and good people. Hard working, family oriented business.
19 June 2018
Thank-you for taking the time to provide a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at New-Line and wish you luck in the future.
The training program is fantastic. I am a new employee and applied through Indeed and felt I should write about my experience so far.
People at New Line want you to be successful and they put the early effort into a lot of training and support.

Everyone has been so welcoming. It's a busy place and lots to learn but the days fly and we have a lot of fun. I am really enjoying it so far and can see myself here long term.
Pros
The people and the training
Cons
The parking lot fills up and sometimes you have to park on the street
It is a fast paced work environment and the days go by quickly. There are so many positions in the company; if you have the drive you can advance very quickly and build a career not just a job. Management treats you well and social committee puts on fun events throughout the year.
Being a long term employee, I've had the chance to work in many departments. Lots of great people and the negative ones don't usually make it anymore.

Company is willing to move people around to best utilize skills so long as the person shows passion. Lots of training sessions and improvements in training.

Owners are very much interested in all aspects of the business and try to stay in touch with every ones needs. Always an open line of communication if needed.
Pros
Room for movement, good culture
Cons
If you are the type of person that is only concerned with yourself, not a good place.
New-Line Hose & Fittings is a great place to work!!! Lots of room to grow and acquire new skill sets. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I would strongly recommend this place to work as everyone is very passionate about what they do here.
As a past admin employee, I can say the company is fast paced with multiple daily transactions. You are given ample training and also the respect as a human being, you are allowed to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them!
Great company, wouldn't hesitate going back if my career lead in that direction!
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Very busy
I've always worked for "mom & pop shop" type companies, and (even though New-Line is fairly large) I fit right in. Same family owns it since they opened (1972), and constantly growing.

I got hired on to do customer service, basically inside sales. The first few weeks they had me job shadow other positions in the company. At first I wasn't too pumped but have a better appreciation for other departments.

I knew very little about hose or fittings before accepting this position, but the training was phenomenal. I do like finding answers for myself, so I excelled at the training tests.

Hardest part: Saying no to a customer, didn't happen often but never liked giving away sale no matter what.

Most enjoyable: Staying busy, a regular day feels like 3 hours because I kept so busy and focused.
Pros
"Small company" feel, decent pay, great support, innovative, employee lounge has an awesome view.
Cons
Vending machine always gets stuck, parking can be tough, lunch options are limited in the area.
A growing company with a lot of room for advancement and growth. They truly care about their team members and have a strong reputation and great safety record.

I would recommend this as a place to work for anyone looking for a fun, challenging atmosphere to learn and grow in.
Horrible safety record. Not a safe work environment and management does not care about worker safety. The warehouse managers take advantage of workers. HR no help and useless.
Good place overall, needs some corporate touches. Management needs to learn how to be managers not buddies and separate the upper manager from the front line worker.