NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2018
The training program is fantastic. I am a new employee and applied through Indeed and felt I should write about my experience so far.
People at New Line want you to be successful and they put the early effort into a lot of training and support.
Everyone has been so welcoming. It's a busy place and lots to learn but the days fly and we have a lot of fun. I am really enjoying it so far and can see myself here long term.
Pros
The people and the training
Cons
The parking lot fills up and sometimes you have to park on the street
Good work environment with ample opportunities for advancement
Sales (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2018
It is a fast paced work environment and the days go by quickly. There are so many positions in the company; if you have the drive you can advance very quickly and build a career not just a job. Management treats you well and social committee puts on fun events throughout the year.
Great Place to Work - Lots of room to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2018
Being a long term employee, I've had the chance to work in many departments. Lots of great people and the negative ones don't usually make it anymore.

Company is willing to move people around to best utilize skills so long as the person shows passion. Lots of training sessions and improvements in training.

Owners are very much interested in all aspects of the business and try to stay in touch with every ones needs. Always an open line of communication if needed.
Pros
Room for movement, good culture
Cons
If you are the type of person that is only concerned with yourself, not a good place.
Great Company who respects their employees
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 February 2018
New-Line Hose & Fittings is a great place to work!!! Lots of room to grow and acquire new skill sets. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I would strongly recommend this place to work as everyone is very passionate about what they do here.
Fast-paced company who respects their employees
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, BC6 December 2017
As a past admin employee, I can say the company is fast paced with multiple daily transactions. You are given ample training and also the respect as a human being, you are allowed to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them!
Great company, wouldn't hesitate going back if my career lead in that direction!
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Very busy
Staying Busy Makes the Days Fly By!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 May 2017
I've always worked for "mom & pop shop" type companies, and (even though New-Line is fairly large) I fit right in. Same family owns it since they opened (1972), and constantly growing.

I got hired on to do customer service, basically inside sales. The first few weeks they had me job shadow other positions in the company. At first I wasn't too pumped but have a better appreciation for other departments.

I knew very little about hose or fittings before accepting this position, but the training was phenomenal. I do like finding answers for myself, so I excelled at the training tests.

Hardest part: Saying no to a customer, didn't happen often but never liked giving away sale no matter what.

Most enjoyable: Staying busy, a regular day feels like 3 hours because I kept so busy and focused.
Pros
"Small company" feel, decent pay, great support, innovative, employee lounge has an awesome view.
Cons
Vending machine always gets stuck, parking can be tough, lunch options are limited in the area.
Progressive and Challenging Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 May 2017
A growing company with a lot of room for advancement and growth. They truly care about their team members and have a strong reputation and great safety record.

I would recommend this as a place to work for anyone looking for a fun, challenging atmosphere to learn and grow in.
Horrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 December 2016
Horrible safety record. Not a safe work environment and management does not care about worker safety. The warehouse managers take advantage of workers. HR no help and useless.
Fun place to work
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 May 2014
Good place overall, needs some corporate touches. Management needs to learn how to be managers not buddies and separate the upper manager from the front line worker.