Netbrain Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor reviews written by same disgruntled employee, not telling real story
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA14 February 2019
Any poor review you see on here or other sites stating false negative facts about this company is laughable. This is probably one of the most flexible, conducive and collaborative workplaces with a growth pattern of over 45% year over year. This company has opened three new offices with plans to open more and hired over 100 people just last year alone, in all newly created roles with plans to hire 200 more. The negative comments featured here are from disgruntled sales reps that did poorly in their role trying to weakly sell a product which sells itself in most cases. Sort of sad they have this much time on their hands to come on these websites to put up false reviews trying to make companies look bad. Do your own due diligence and don't believe everything you read.
Pros
Growth, startup, opportunity, free lunch Fridays, pay, benefits
Cons
Growing pains like any startup
Growing Company with Great People
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA12 November 2018
NetBrain is a great place to work, the company and the product are on a strong growth trajectory. The organization values collaboration across all departments, and has a fast paced, dynamic, and challenging work environment.

Employees are welcoming, kind, diverse, and always open to help. There are a lot of talented and knowledgeable people working here. The company is seeing a lot of change at the moment, as it continues to grow both here in North America as well as globally in Europe and other territories.

There is a lot of potential here at NetBrain, both as an employee and as a company. I'm satisfied with my time here so far, and I am excited to see how the technology grows.
Pros
strong benefits (medical - vision - dental), stock options, modern office (Burlington HQ), competitive salary, plenty of free food, large number of company wide & team events
Cons
Long sales cycle, steep learning curve
Exciting time at a rapidly growing tech company
Senior (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA12 November 2018
I've really enjoyed my experience with NetBrain and I'm excited to be here as the company continues to thrive and grow. The people have been friendly and collaborative. Management takes time to really get to know their people. The technology is exceptional, we've got a cultural committee that is always planning team building events for the company.

I see the negative reviews, but that feedback seems to me to be outdated. Nothing but good things for me to say since I've been here.
Pros
Free lunches, collaborative people, laid back culture
Cons
I'm the worst ping pong player in the office
Established startup on a serious growth trajectory in the right space
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA12 November 2018
Software is genius and company is on the right path growing globally 40-50% year over year. Culture is like a startup although the company is mature and well established. Leader in the network automation software space with over 2000 enterprise level customers. Hiring new leadership in key spots as well as building out UK, Germany and Toronto offices.
Pros
great culture and work environment
Cons
startup still dealing with some growing pains
Stale, tired culture being mismanaged by poor top down leadership - pay attention to bad reviews
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA25 May 2018
Where do I start there are so many issues with this place. First off the leadership at the top is mismanaging the company and a detriment to the future of this organization. The executive team has no business or sales sense and has no real clue on how to operate, let alone grow a company. They run this from an engineering/technology perspective which is wrong. The company is 14 years old and still has not grown significantly which is a sure sign there are issues at the top. The amount of controls in place is stifling the growth at a tremendous rate. Even 5 years from now, this place won't be much larger employee or revenue wise than it is now let alone becoming a public company. There are tons of grandiose plans for growth that never pan out and disappear as they move on to the next ridiculous plan. The culture is a tired, stale almost lonely culture that is not energetic or enthusiastic about bringing the company to the next level. In fact it appears that not much work gets done here. Lots of empty cubes, no buzz or vibrancy on the floor even in sales and its just a dull lifeless company.
Pros
Strong product line and competitive pay and benefits package
Cons
Stale, boring environment, detriment to your career
Official response from Netbrain Technologies, Inc.
14 February 2019

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. Feedback such as this is valuable as we continue to make necessary improvements to our population and culture. One thing to note, every single review on our profile is a genuine review and no review is considered fake both positive and negative. You noted we are struggling which on the contrary we are growing considerably and having one of our most successful years ever. With every company with as much growth as we are experiencing, there are bumps in the road and we feel this is healthy and we are surpassing our goals and targets. Nevertheless, we appreciate your comments and value your advice and wish you the best of luck with your next role.

NetBrain has issues oh how it assigns accounts and oppertunities
Account Executive, Major Accounts (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA12 February 2018
Very difficult to overachieve. Accounts are given out on a points system that makes very little sense. Same select people make $$$

Long sales cycle

Poor understanding of what it takes to sell a product that is a NICE to have and not a MUST have for Network professionals.
Pros
People are very nice to work with
Cons
Select people get the best accounts the rest of the sales team starves
promising technology - poor operations and management
Senior Account Executive - Named Accounts (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA7 December 2017
One product, unique in its capabilities when initially created. Has very little relevance in today's advanced networking environments. Networking OEM's have adopted SDN technologies that render NetBrain a complementary, at best, management tool.

Sales operations and executive leadership continually trying to re-invent the company's go to market strategies, almost always unsuccessfully. Less than 20% of sellers achieve goal.
Pros
free snacks, coffee and lunch on Fridays
Cons
little to no career advancement opportunity, comp plan is low compared to industry standards
Netbrain, Inc.
Executive Sales - Government (Former Employee) –  Natomas, California21 November 2017
Netbrain had a competitive culture, excellent management, and our CEO, had a strong grasp on the market and all of its key players in the space. I had the best manager in our business and worked with a really good SLED team.
Pros
Flexible
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA4 October 2017
Good place to work;
Good benefit;
Good culture;
Startup company, managements are not that experienced or strong although they work hard, which might make employee feel "frustrated" sometime;
Great company
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA28 March 2017
Great training and support for all employees.Staff is friendly and supportive. Working environment is fantastic. Good work to life balance. Good career path for growth.
Cons
N/a
Good company lacking organization and growing pains
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA1 February 2016
Not given enough time to ramp up before you are scrutinized. Long term sales cycle for as compared to the revenue goal.

I don't have anything further to say.
Culture is not conducive to work-life family balance.
Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA30 August 2015
Awful work culture. Micro junior managers. 30 mins lunches and no breaks. No Options despite being pre-ipo. Do not have great leadership and just hunt sales mentality. Support for clients is only during eastern hours.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
culture and micro management
Uncomfortable work environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA8 September 2013
The company has an uncomfortable combination of top-down yet hands-off management. No direction is offered from supervisors (mostly because they are remote), but there is plenty of criticism to go around when things go wrong.

Very pleased with the team I work on, and the collaboration among the group.

There is also a recent spike in quitting/firing--about once per month since I arrived, even though there are only 25 employees in the office.

Compensation is OK, but there is disparity, and it seems like fortune favors those who negotiate their salary well up front.
Pros
Free lunch friday!
Cons
Not a very social work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Netbrain Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.