Nestle Purina Employee Reviews

Always something has to learn each day.
QA Analyst/Ingredient Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2019
Working at Nestle Purina is always a challenge each day. Always new learnings in QA as an Ingredient Specialist/QA Analysts. Management is always fair to all employees. Workplace is fun, full of stress at times when dealing with product with issues like QA Holds in some cases. Hardest part of the job is when we are required to work on weekends at times or cover for somebody who will call and sick or on vacation, so you need to work 12hours. Most enjoyable part is working with co-employees in the factory.
Pros
At times we get FREE meals especially if we hit our goals. Holiday FREE lunches as well.
Cons
You need to work 12hours as needed or weekend work schedule.
Work and life balance, good atmosphere to work
Packaging Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2019
Nestle is very good company to work and I was thinking to retire in this company. Good care of employees. Management likes to have good ideas. Appreciate your work.
Pros
Free atmosphere
Cons
Too liberal
Toxic environment , poor management and lack of preventive maintenance of equipment common. Unhelpful human resources department and poor trainng
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2018
Bad management and high turnover rates among supervisors and staff along with very unhelpful human resources department and large numbers of salaried workers are in meetings all day and get all the perks . Poor bonuses and injured workers are giving paperwork duties on the job instead of being allowed to heal from injuries at home on compensation. Favoritism among managers and employees is a common issue. Plant closures and ongoing layoffs occurring regularly for hourly workers and not salaried.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management and human resource departments
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2018
Very good place to work with, but unfortunately they are moving to USA. They promote safety. Safety is a priority at nestle Putin’s pet care in Mississauga
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Union
Great pay and Benefits, Fabulous people to work with
Packaging Millwright Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2018
Working at Nestle Purina Petcare was a wonderful experience not only with the daily Work and routine Preventive Maintenance we have but also working with Fabulous people who are kind and respectful. Working at Nestle Purina Petcare was enjoyable and professionally sound you learn a lot in our day to day work. Practicing safety is their one of their strengths they take seriously the safety on the plant. Safety training monthly is mandatory and other safety training on like forklift and lifts are done at certain amount of years. Bonuses are given quarterly who gives out review and projects on Safety.
Greatest job I ever had and would like to come to work everyday because of this. work and life is balanced and overtime is available to those who wants extra time on the weekends.
Pros
Great pay, Fabulous people and quarterly Bonuses.
Cons
Can't stop working
good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2018
I experienced 3 different work shifts at various positions throughout the plant and gained profound knowledge on each one of them.
I've always worked along great with all my supervisors and co workers were always willing to share ideas and experiences.
The most enjoyable part of the job was never having shortage of work on any day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Commuting
Work Environment
Customer Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2018
I worked at Purina briefly and had a great experience. They value work life balance. The management is very open and understanding and they keep all employees in the loop about how the company is progressing.

The employees in my department were welcoming and helpful as were the surrounding departments.
good money but not a very good place to work,
forklift/general labour (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON2 April 2018
Very unclean most likely unhealthy to work there aswell, 10 hr days of heavy lifting and being surrounded by silica dust and other not so healthy things.
Pros
good money good people
Cons
long hours, grueling work
It was a place where I was mostly officially trained.
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
The periods I worked here is the time when my foundation was built on accounting career. All the training, Lunch and learn and quick tips- I still use them in my daily life . I was blessed to work here in a very fast paced environment.
Very good place to work
Maintenance Technician and Camp manager (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB11 November 2017
Working at this plant great it had good benefits , plant was well organized and kept very clean. A extended family unit.
Most days we did the PMO'S do repairs ,oil changes. Help on the production line if needed.
Pros
friendly pay benefits and hours 10 hr, days
Cons
the closing of the plant
It is a good company to work but horrible director of finance .
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
Good luck if you are applying for Ap supervisor. The manager has no management skills. Lots of
Stress is created by her in the department.
It is impossible to satisfied her expectations. She provided no support .
Fun Work Place
Purchase Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
Working at Nestle Purina was a wonderful experience. Employees and colleagues were good, helpful and supportive, that also includes top management and HR. Pets were allowed at work place (not that I had one). In summer, Friday's were half day which I did not see in many other companies. You could buy employee discounted products once in a week.

My time at Nestle Purina was great and I would recommend anybody to work at this company.
Pros
In summer Friday's are half days
Workplace with opportunity for advancement
Senior Customer Partnership Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 June 2017
Great peers to work with that make the days go by quickly. Lots of strategic change occurring which tends to make employees concerned (no one likes change).
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON10 May 2017
Nestle Purina PetCare Caledonia was a great place to work. Management was great. Sad the plant closed, because I would have stayed there until I retired.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Wasn't any
big company excellent benefits
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON17 May 2016
10 hour shifts of heavy manual lifting up to 20 kgs. This factory site made kitty litter from clay and added additives to it, then packaged to export all across Canada.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
unionized contract concerns
Productive and not stressful
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON26 April 2016
The workplace was an easy go environment, worked well with fellow co-workers. Had good working hours, went above and beyond of what was asked of me by management.
Very good employer in a competative market
Maintenance Purchasing / Energy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB26 April 2016
Friendly work environment with excellent team building structure. Focused on improvement with a strong safety culture. Many opportunities for advancement.
Hot in the Summer
o Line worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 April 2016
It was good but very hot in the summer and it would also get freezing cold in the winter. They would need to keep the doos open for shipping reasons and things would get very warm
Working with dogs.
Mail Clerk, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 April 2016
A typical day would involve lots of mailing, filing and answering client requests by e-mail, phone in person. Our management team was great. we had discounts on pet food and stuff. The hardest part of the job was all the walking. It was a huge place. The most enjoyable part was working with the people and pets.
Pros
Working with pets.
Cons
Alot of walking.
excellant company
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2016
very productive, work day
work order management , scheduling, and planning
management , very good communication
multiple departments all not on the same level of understanding or development of process
compensation package , retirement savings
Pros
good productive meetings
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestle Purina. Our community is ready to answer.