Nestlé Employee Reviews

Best place to work during summer
Repackaging (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 June 2018
You have to be productive, able to stand for long hours and work quick, I've learned to boost my communication skills, work in a paced manner and to take control of my department. The workplace if energetic with people from all kinds of culture and mostly students.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the pressure coming from the management when demand was high because you have to double your effort

The most enjoyable part of the job was having free snacks if there were damaged
Pros
free snacks if damaged
Cons
stand all day
Nestle was a good company to work for.
Blender's Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 June 2018
A typical work day was 7.30am to 4.30 pm, I learned a lot about the food industry, management was very good, good lunch room, mixing of ingredients. When the finished product is packaged.
Great Company
Production Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 June 2018
I left Vitality Foodservice just before it was bought by Nestle. It was my first foray into supply chain and manufacturing - right out of university - and it was a great place to learn the ropes.
It had a small business feel to it, almost like a family owned company, before it was bought and ultimately dissolved by Nestle.
I truly appreciate the time I spent with the company and everything I learned there. And of course, the amazing people I worked with - a handful of who I am still friends with today.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Common Production Work
Straight Line General and Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2018
Not an exciting job and with little benefits but pays slightly above minimum wage. Scheduling is a nightmare there, done the thursday before a week begins and often dates booked off are forgotten.

Full time not guaranteed, especially for new employees and working anything other than the day shift (6:30-3) leaves little time for personal activities.
fast paced work environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
Supervisor multiple teams and problem solving issues within a unionized environment. challenged by supervising multiple teams across several buildings and multiple floors. the production staff are wonderful.
Rep. Dév. ventes au détail grandes surfaces (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC5 May 2018
Nestlé Canada est un excellent employeur, j'ai aimé mon expérience de travail. Par contre, la charge de travail est énorme et demande un rythme soutenu et une grande capacité d'adaptation.
Pros
Excellent avantage sociaux et voiture fourni
An interesting view into the Ice Cream industry!
General (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2018
I had built good friendships that has lasted years. I have enjoyed the experience working here. It is organized and you are put in your position; having a consistent rotation. If it's in the season, the work schedule is busy. The benefits are good next to the ice cream!
Pros
Consistent Work
Cons
Rotation gets tiring!
Loved Working Here
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2018
I has a 1 year contract for a mat leave and loved this place! If I could have stayed on I would have in a heartbeat! Nice people, good bonuses, and ice cream treats are awesome :)
No additional comments at this time.
Vice President (Finance) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
No additional comments. Due to the time that has lapsed between the period of employment and the present, any comments on the quality of the company would be irrelevant and outdated.
Agrnomist
Agronomist (Current Employee) –  Philippines7 April 2018
Lots of field work invoving coffee field production, R&D and logistics.
Good learning place, you will be involved first hand. they have a very good work-life balance and encourage health and wellness of employees. Hardest part of the job is the long drive but you get to work with people with different culture.
Pros
Free hotel and meals during field work
Cons
long drive
Productive and Career Development Supportive
Engineering Technician/Planning and Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Federal Capital Territory2 April 2018
An exceptional place to work in. An excellent way of operations adopted as the factories run on Six Sigma Methodology. Operational procedures are clearly spelt out and responsibilities clearly defined.
Pros
Good Opportunity for Skill Development
Cons
Poor work life balance and renumeration
Team Work in the food industry
Quebec Warehouse Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK20 March 2018
Structures projects and assignments with clear goals and measureable outcomes so that team members can creatively individualize solutions. Empowers teams to embrace change opportunities. Inspires team members to take ownership of their own performance improvement and career development. Finds creative ways of working toward consensus. Creates internal competition by forming teams tasked with identifying viable solutions to ongoing quality challenges.

Focuses team on not getting bogged down in analysis paralysis. Plans, prioritizes, and executes in light of budget guidelines and constraints. Collects best practice ideas from team members in terms of getting work done more effectively and efficiently. Views individual differences as value-adds to group thought. Ensures that new hires work their plan and plan their work consistently on a day-in, day-out basis. Adheres consistently to safety standards and all company policies and protocols. Focuses on measurable outcomes, sets incremental milestone targets, and celebrates victories and successes along the way. Manages with a conscience and places integrity, ethics, and trust above all else.
Pros
learning
Cons
work hours
Productive and Fun
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal14 March 2018
Managment is fantastic, very active and fun environment. The workplace culture is great, full of energetic and interesting people. The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity.
fun to be doing
Full-Time Labourer/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 March 2018
Loaded rail cars all year long that was fun to do. Like building a puzzle with the product you had to load safely and securely. Great group of guys to have worked with!!.
Never a bad day ever. Great shift.
Pros
fun to go to work
Never work here
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 February 2018
Desperately needs a union. Lean manufacturing made this place too crazy. They make millwrights cover operators breaks and if a breakdown occurs, no breaks for you. Was good money but not worth it.
Pros
Cons
No respect from management
a fast passed and dynamic company, no time to get bored
Distribution Manager Eastern Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2018
Typical days: conference calls with other team leaders and associates on operational reviews, working on team projects to gain alignment and stay current. Being proactive, not reactive, ie planning ahead, focusing on company goals and how we will achieve them set out at the beginning of the year. Learned many management skills through online and in class courses. Culture is about planning ahead and anticipating and adapting to changes in the business and needs of our customers, high level of communication, utilizing our employees to their potential, cross training, eliminating waste, improving processes and working smarter, not harder, driving growth. Hardest part of my job was having to terminate business partnerships, best part of my job was working with the many great and kind employees across the country
Pros
opportunity to grow and do new things
Grande entreprise
Employé d'usine (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC7 February 2018
Nestle est une grande entreprise et les possibilités sont nombreuses.
Pros
Avantages sociaux, salaires
it paid the bills
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
What can i say its factory work. it paid well and had full benefits but thats about it. I don't like being stuck inside so I had to say goodbye. plus everyone was so miserable. they hadn't hired in 20years so when I started people were near retirement and miserable from looking at kit kats for decades
amazing experience
Trainee (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region1 February 2018
world class company. a great place to start your career and a great place to retire. one of my many regrets not continue working here but it is highly recommended
Awesome
Digital Marketing + Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
I got to work on three different projects during my time. lots of opportunity to learn and try new things. management was great and always supported a growing/learning environment. my only negative was i decided to leave. my biggest regret
Cons
lots of chocolate to eat!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2