Nesters Market Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work to ! Everybody know each other !
Assistant manage/ deli (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC5 January 2018
I learned so much working at Nesters for 7 years ! My sypervisor was very flexible with my schedule. I was able to experience the manager position when she was going on vacation.
Great work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 December 2017
Great work environment, Flexible schedule and friendly supervisors. The supervisors are helpful and the pay is ok. The breaks are long and frequent (every 2 hours).
Fun, Nice CoWorkers, Flexible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2017
Managers, supervisors and co-workers were very nice and welcoming. Worked as a cashier, it's not too busy during the day, busier at night times. A lot of nearby lunch places.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
salary
Fun and comfortable place to work.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 July 2017
Working at Nesters Banff was such a great experience. From the management to the co workers- all was well. It was very comfortable working there. The manager was so approachable.
Pros
Very reachable management
Cons
No employee discount
humorous manager
Meat Cutter and Fresh Case Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2017
very flexible in all areas, treated me with respect overall large growing curve and contined to manage it with minimal stress to their employees i am currently seeking re-employment with them
Was best years of my life
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 June 2017
Living and working in Banff was amazing. The RimRock had amazing views the percs of living and working there was great way to save money. My only regret was I didn't stay longer
Pros
Room and board and meals
Cons
Far away
Poorly Run Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 May 2017
-Poorly run company that has no future growth opportunities
-The company uses many outdated systems
-Non-inclusive culture that does not encourage diversity
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Poorly Run Company
Nesters
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2017
Fun place to work, great coworkers but it was a pretty dead end job with management trying to milk as many hours as they could out of everyone. Job gets very repetitive after a few days.
low wage
Grocery / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2017
paying really low wage, no increasing for a long time, time schedule changed a lot, no benefits, and no opportunities to grow in this company. it is good for entry level only
Defficient work place, unhealthy communications with staffs and often close minded to new employees.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2017
I was treated unkindly, working at WoodWard's Location. I did not feel comfortable and harrassed. I think the store is corrupted with its leadership position and abuse of power. Occasional bad service, long hours and unprefessional and under the table stuff at WoodWard's, racial issues and profiling among employees..
Pros
Nesters Members Card
Cons
Bad service, long hours and unprefessional and under the table stuff at WoodWard's
A wonderful team to be a part of, awesome management!
Cashier/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Nester's and was sad to go. My managers were extremely supportive and flexible to our needs. I was treated with respect, and my accomplishments did not go unrecognized!
Pros
20/20 incentive program, steady hours
Cons
Communication with payroll department
Good coworkers, bureaucratic management
Bakery Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 October 2016
not a bad job, but there are plenty better jobs. not difficult and therefore doesn't pay well. The employees are generally happy despite the environment being kind of rundown.
Pros
free 20$ gift card every 5 weeks
Cons
you work in the service industry
Productive work place
Back-up Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2016
Great place to work and a good company. There are many opportunities to work your way up in the company, and lots of help to get you there if you want.
Fun workplace, great team, flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2016
The team at Nesters is so tight and friendly. Our managers are always working hard to ensure that the customers as well as the employees are having the best possible experience. Generally, the customers are very polite, though there are many cases of difficult people. It does get very repetitive, but as long as effort is put into satisfying the customers, they will brighten the day.
Amazing staff, flexible work hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC15 June 2016
Nesters Market has incredible staff that work together as a team. The store has excellent variety and opportunities. The manager is very whole hearted and gives back to the community with every chance he gets. The management is very flexible with each employees needs.
Pros
Amazing people, Flexible Hours
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunities
Productive, Educational, and Fun Work Place.
Produce Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2016
Tipical day would be delivering 110% Customer Service to any customer with in the store. Visual merchandising, stoking and facing product, along with checking dates for heath consummations.
I gained lots of knowledge of products, how to properly connect with customers, and fulfill their request. Also time management.
Management is always busy, working to fulfill us as a teams needs, but may have to ask once or twice, for reminders.
Co-workers are absolutely the best part that makes up for the whole company, enthusiastic, fun, family.
Hardest part of my job was to tell customers we currently dont have your product you want, because being part of Nesters you want to have everything for everyone.
Most enjoyable part of my job, is the seeing the smiles on our customers faces, and just getting to know the community well, and learn new things about them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good enough training.
Productive Workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC24 April 2016
Nesters Market and Pharmacy was a wonderful place to work. I was a baker. I learned how to bake and package the baked goods. I signed for incoming stock and refilled the cooler and freezer. I restocked and organized shelves with baked goods. I learned better customer service skills. It was a positive workplace, as I worked with very nice people that are willing to help me better my learning in the work place so I could work more efficiently. The breakout was probably the worst part of the job because it had to be done at the end of the night. But that was fine because it's such a great place to work.
A high end Grocery Retail Downtown Vancouver
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2016
I was positioned as a meat staff so my duties were to make sausage from scrap, make burgers, clean floors at closing time, serve customers who request meat from behind our counter, weigh and check all meats to ensure quality and safety. My position here was really laid back I had a great management team and I loved my work. I had to relocate back to Ontario due to Vancouver Rent prices so I was upset to leave my awesome job!
Pros
In store Cafe
Cons
Great amount of intoxicated customers
fun great work place
Bakery and Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2016
i miss Nesters it was a great experience to join such an amazing company. i learned a lot i would say like i never new that produce would be so hands on.With the bakery it was a lot of pulling frozen goodies out and traying them and helping costumers.
Pros
good breaks
Fun working environment
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB26 November 2015
It was awesome to work with all the people there as they all belonged to different cultures and there was a lot to learn. the down side was that the management wasn't too good
Pros
awesome manager
Cons
not much pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nesters Market. Our community is ready to answer.