Nesters Market Employee Reviews

an ok summer job
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 June 2018
Nester's is an ok summer job with average salary/wage for part-time and full-time work. would recommend for summer employment, if looking for food prep experience
Pros
hard working full-timers and good upper management
Cons
many immature high school workers
Easy going, fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC10 September 2018
Most stress free workplace I have ever worked. Flexible hours, exceptionally friendly staff and management. If I could have worked there forever I would have.
Fun and great team
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC26 September 2018
Great management team who are friendly and train well. Easy work that can be part time or full time. Fun team to work with that are always there to support and advise.
Fun, Nice CoWorkers, Flexible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2017
Managers, supervisors and co-workers were very nice and welcoming. Worked as a cashier, it's not too busy during the day, busier at night times. A lot of nearby lunch places.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
salary
Great place to start
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC18 June 2018
I worked with many great people who I became close with over the summer. Great environment. Pay is what you would expect. If you are looking for a good summer job, this is the one.
Pros
good people
Cons
not a lot of advancement
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC3 September 2018
Best place on earth. Super fun job. Had a blast working with other people. Managers and supervisors were really nice. Really enjoyed working here. Super fun.
Manager is Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
The manager at this store is awful and is hard to work with. There are some really great employees there though. Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with.
low wage
Grocery / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2017
paying really low wage, no increasing for a long time, time schedule changed a lot, no benefits, and no opportunities to grow in this company. it is good for entry level only
Nesters Market Kelowna - Grocery
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 February 2014
The shifts can become monotonous. A typical shift starts with filling dairy, sweeping the aisles, filling eggs, and gathering grocery carts left int he parking lot and around the building. The rest of the days are usually spent facing, moving stock from back stock or ends to the shelves, and following potential shoplifters. Benefits are only available for full time employees who continue to work 32 or more hours a week but these benefits also cost $100 each pay cheque. Trying to get time off can be difficulty as there are very few staff members in each department already (except bakery/deli). Several members of management seem to only be there to earn enough money to retire and will frequently leave before their time is up, take extra vacation days not listed on the schedule, and they do not appreciate any criticism. If you can get your foot in the door, it can be a fairly steady job during summer months. the rest of the year, if you're not full-time, expect to have your hours suddenly cut one week to 8 or 12 hours then jump back up to 32 or more the following. It can be all over the place and schedules are only made with one weeks notice so it can be difficult to plan any appointments, classes, or visits from family.
Pros
Easy job, does not require much thinking, friendly coworkers, decent pay with raises, friendly customers, good, central location
Cons
benefits cost more than anywhere else I've been, Managers do not listen to employees opinions, frequent shoplifters, hours can be all over the place, short staffed
Very nice place to work to ! Everybody know each other !
Assistant manage/ deli (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC5 January 2018
I learned so much working at Nesters for 7 years ! My sypervisor was very flexible with my schedule. I was able to experience the manager position when she was going on vacation.
Great place to work.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2018
Very enjoyable place to work. Great relationship with managers. My biggest problem is the commute time makes the wage even less than it seems and takes too long.
Great work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 December 2017
Great work environment, Flexible schedule and friendly supervisors. The supervisors are helpful and the pay is ok. The breaks are long and frequent (every 2 hours).
Defficient work place, unhealthy communications with staffs and often close minded to new employees.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2017
I was treated unkindly, working at WoodWard's Location. I did not feel comfortable and harrassed. I think the store is corrupted with its leadership position and abuse of power. Occasional bad service, long hours and unprefessional and under the table stuff at WoodWard's, racial issues and profiling among employees..
Pros
Nesters Members Card
Cons
Bad service, long hours and unprefessional and under the table stuff at WoodWard's
enjoyable work place, fun, friendly emplyees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC30 March 2014
As a cashier a typical day was memorizing codes to various products of food as we ring them through the till, and greeting\assisting customers. handling various payments of cash, interact, and credit. At the end of the day we would take our till to the office and count the receipts and cash in our till.
If other departments needed help I was to gladly step in and help. I helped mostly in grocery, stalking shelves.
Management and co-workers were all very friendly and all of us worked together as a team to make a great workplace.
the hardest part of the job was memorizing all the codes to all the food products.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing friendly, familiar faces coming into the store as well as working with colleagues.
Pros
wage, friendly atmosphere, friendly people, hours
Productive, Educational, and Fun Work Place.
Produce Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2016
Tipical day would be delivering 110% Customer Service to any customer with in the store. Visual merchandising, stoking and facing product, along with checking dates for heath consummations.
I gained lots of knowledge of products, how to properly connect with customers, and fulfill their request. Also time management.
Management is always busy, working to fulfill us as a teams needs, but may have to ask once or twice, for reminders.
Co-workers are absolutely the best part that makes up for the whole company, enthusiastic, fun, family.
Hardest part of my job was to tell customers we currently dont have your product you want, because being part of Nesters you want to have everything for everyone.
Most enjoyable part of my job, is the seeing the smiles on our customers faces, and just getting to know the community well, and learn new things about them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good enough training.
Fun and comfortable place to work.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 July 2017
Working at Nesters Banff was such a great experience. From the management to the co workers- all was well. It was very comfortable working there. The manager was so approachable.
Pros
Very reachable management
Cons
No employee discount
A high end Grocery Retail Downtown Vancouver
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2016
I was positioned as a meat staff so my duties were to make sausage from scrap, make burgers, clean floors at closing time, serve customers who request meat from behind our counter, weigh and check all meats to ensure quality and safety. My position here was really laid back I had a great management team and I loved my work. I had to relocate back to Ontario due to Vancouver Rent prices so I was upset to leave my awesome job!
Pros
In store Cafe
Cons
Great amount of intoxicated customers
Poorly Run Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 May 2017
-Poorly run company that has no future growth opportunities
-The company uses many outdated systems
-Non-inclusive culture that does not encourage diversity
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Poorly Run Company
Productive Workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC24 April 2016
Nesters Market and Pharmacy was a wonderful place to work. I was a baker. I learned how to bake and package the baked goods. I signed for incoming stock and refilled the cooler and freezer. I restocked and organized shelves with baked goods. I learned better customer service skills. It was a positive workplace, as I worked with very nice people that are willing to help me better my learning in the work place so I could work more efficiently. The breakout was probably the worst part of the job because it had to be done at the end of the night. But that was fine because it's such a great place to work.
Amazing staff, flexible work hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC15 June 2016
Nesters Market has incredible staff that work together as a team. The store has excellent variety and opportunities. The manager is very whole hearted and gives back to the community with every chance he gets. The management is very flexible with each employees needs.
Pros
Amazing people, Flexible Hours
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nesters Market. Our community is ready to answer.