Nesters Market

Nesters Market Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
I have worked for multiple nesters and they're always reliable
I have worked at a couple of different Nesters Markets establishments over the past few years and I always find them to be a reliable place to work where I know I will be supported fully.
The location was great and i loved my job but i remember the wages being to low to accommodate the lifestyle this was also back in winter 2017/18
Nesters market was a good company and fantastic grocery store. I really enjoyed my job there particularly because of the location in Whistler BC. I enjoyed the Meat department and what I learned there regarding meat cutting and preparation.Unfortunately the wages were too low and i had to leave but i think wages were raised a year after I left.
Great environment
Working at nesters was great till the managment didn't like your opinion! Only reason i left was the management and i had found work back in the cooking industry
Fun place to work
Great job for students, great coworkers and a fun working environment. Depending on the department you are in the job can be 1) at your own pace so long as you get your work done or 2) Dependent on the busyness of the store that day.
Intense and overworking
It's a good place to start. You get overworked and you have no benefits as a worker. You are either hated by the staffs or loved. I enjoyed my work but it became ridiculous after a while because one person was required to do the job of three people to cut down cost.
Fun workplace
It is not stressful to work in Nesters and you will work efficiently if you follow all the guides and training they provide. Overall, most people there are friendly, my manager is the best manager I could ever ask for.
Awesome staff
Really fun place to work, one big family worked backroom and also as a cashier which was both fun challenging and dynamic. Overall a good place for someone starting of their work experience in canada
Not great.
Although I liked my managers a lot, I was not paid for days I worked and they gave me no pay stubs. This means they have no evidence they paid me and I have no evidence they paid me. This also means I have no proof that I worked there and I have no idea what days I worked.
Nice fun and relaxed place to work.
a little bit understaffed, but since it's a new branch, it is expected to be like this. it keeps getting better and busier. management is pretty nice and flexible hour is what makes it fun. have other people said that it's a better place to work than any other supermarket.
Meat department
The hardest part of the job was to have everything clean and put away by the end of my shift. Tables amd everything had to be sanitized and all the meat and fish had to be put away.
Other employees were good, but not the management
The company paying you is the worst. You work all week and three days are missing on your pay cheque and when you call them out on it , nothing happens. It's a big rip off. I would not recommend this place, they over work you and you don't get paid
Pros
The other workers are good
Cons
Pay cheque is always short
Good very first job, fast paced yet slow at the same time
Nesters Market was overall a good first job and I feel that the training provided was adequate in both time and depth. Within days I was comfortable on till and cash-handling alone. However, this was an extremely repetitive job as I was working as a cashier every day.
Very nice place to work
The Staff are great , amazing people. The store itself is quiet nice , very clean environment to be in and work in. I loved working here and in the deli.
Good place to work as a part time or full time
Great, friendly coworkers, healthy workplace. There was a bit of complications with the scheduling as they ended up dropping me from the schedule because they hired too many employees for my department, and didn't do anything to solve the issue.
Decent workplace
Nice group of people to work with. There were a lot of friendly faces around and those always willing to help you out.
Not Recommended
The work life balance is non-existent. H.O. and upper management does not care about you and it shows. I wish I never had accepted the job, there is no job security or dependability on management
Pros
other employees
Fun environment with closing manangers
Overall a good workplace environment and fun closing managers. Very organized schedule and friendly staff. The only issue is that when you check your schedule you have to go into the store and you can't check them online.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
You can't find your hours online
Ok job, great co-workers, terrible managers
Great for a first job, OK pay and most tasks were actually fun. Managers made it really stressful and not enjoyable at all. Milking hours out of you, guilting people into picking up extra shifts, overall just terrible attitude towards employees.
Good
Fast-paced environment, lots of tasks that need to be completed. Team based, working in the bakery, either early shifts - 6am or late/closing finishing at 8
Cons
Loved the job at first. things changed
I loved the job here. But the manager did not back his employees. The management has changed since. There was a really bad supervisor there but she has left. Too bad I got in on the ground floor and would have stayed a long time.
Nesters in Squamish
I just didnt like my experience there, i quit because it was not the best vibe, not the best schedule, no social avantage, you have nothing with a poor salary. It just make me feel not good when i was there!
Pros
nothing
Cons
Only one break of 1 hour, no discount
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nesters Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8