Neptune Technology Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Set the Record Straight
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2018
I am extremely tired of people going online to bash a company that is great to work for. These people were probably employed for a day or two and simply had terrible work ethics. Kids now a days want everything handed to them on a silver platter. They think everyone should cater to their every need. They don't want to put in the work and just complain about things they have no idea about. Neptune is a great place to work. The benefits are amazing, you start with 3 weeks vacation, great pension plan, room to grow if you want to put in the work and show you are eager to learn ... should I go on?

Go see if the grass is greener on the other side. You will find out you should have stayed on this side of the fence.

Good luck job hunting, you'll need it.
Pros
Great work environment
Installing water meters
Meter installer (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 August 2018
Must use own vehicle, terrible pay, no benefits no mileage. It ends up being minimum wage. Does not even pay for training a complete rip off and joke of a job.
If you want to make less then minimum wage work like mad, use your own vehicle with not even CPP or any taxes paid this is the place for you.
Nice people terrible pay.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
The worst paying job ever
Avoid this company if you can- Toxic environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
This company has a really bad culture...no interaction between departments and there are no company sponsored events to make it a fun place to work. The salary is so bad and management will try to convince you that you are wrong. Nobody is held accountable for their work and it's such a toxic place...STAY AWAY!

All the positive reviews you see are from the h.r trying to put good reviews...you have been warned
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Poorly Sturctured
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
When I was hired I was promised job security. Within a year of being there I became mentally ill due to stress place on myself. I received at "promotion" I did not get a raise, instead I got extra work (2 jobs with different titles) and was paid for the cheeper title. They under pay the staff, but have good benefits.
benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work despite few opportunities for advancement
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Human Resources28 February 2017
I had the opportunity to work at Neptune Technology Group out of their Canada operations in Mississauga, ON.

This is a much smaller operation with a very different business model as compared to their U.S. counterpart (and owners). Despite being a smaller operation, I was with them during a significant period of growth. I was surprised at the attention paid to monitoring employee aptitudes and recognizing those that needed to be developed for succession planning in the future.

The company takes great pride in their employees and intend to operate as a "well-oiled" machine. They recognize hard work and talent and have no issue with a salary to match.

The benefits program is the best I've ever seen. Non-contribution from the employees, and the coverage is top-dollar from what you could get anywhere else.

While the culture is good, I should point out that depending on certain areas of the company, mainly call-centre and administrative roles, the pay and career progression is lacking. You really need to stand out as a star to be recognized for career advancement. This has nothing to do with a culture that looks down on the less-educated or hourly-paid workforce. It's just that there are so many call-centre reps and administrators and so few areas to advance into for those roles that not everyone is immediately promoted, even if they're putting in a lot of hard work.

My role in the company was Human Resources, I enjoyed working at this company very much. I left for the same reasons stated above, lack of career progression. But if an opening came up that allowed
  more... me to go back, I would jump on it in a heartbeat, that's how great it is to work there.  less
Pros
great benefits, collaborative culture, recognition of hard work, good salary.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity depending on what area of company you work in.
Perfection is expected
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2016
I've learned a lot working here. Don't get me wrong, it was a great stepping stone into my career - but there are way too many cliques around the office. They also expect you to never make a mistake, and even when you own up to it, and offer to fix it, they are still going on and on about how it is a big deal and should never happen. People are human and shouldn't be treated that way.
Pros
Birthdays off, benefits
Cons
Office cliques, gossip
project completed
Certified water meter installer (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC1 September 2012
moving from town to town as projects are completed
good pay per installation
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of expences