Neptune Technology Group

Neptune Technology Group Employee Reviews

Working at Neptune was a great experience.

Working at Neptune was a great experience. I've learned a lot while interacting with customer and field management, as well. Each day was different and full of new things.

Rip off, stay away

Pay is insignificant relavtive to work done. Promised incentive pays to work harder but never kept their word. During projects that require relocation, accommodation is only paid to those who are personal friends of higher ups, while the rest of us had to pay out of pocket. Door knocking to get homeowners to book appts are unpaid. Have to do several times as there are stubborn homeowners who just don't book. So appts significantly less because you are dependant on homeowner responsibility. Mileage on personal vehicle unpaid, all own tools. Project managers keep being stingy and cutting corners to seem like the heros in the company that don't spend too much. While they make 6 figure salaries. We are treated as slaves to benefit their salaries and bonuses. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Stay away.

You can do better, just stick with it until you can

Tough place, great people. its all about numbers. looks good on the outside but tough inside. a few nice people. work is monotonous, same gig every day. wears you out. someone has to do the tough never ending jobs

Problems more times than not with no support from higher ups

These guys do not support their installers. Depending on your contarct, they expect you to change non working valves, locate curb stops (dig them out) and complete the job and input details and take pictures all within 45 min to 1 hour. If it takes longer (which it always does like 2 hrs plus), YOU are responsible for completing the other calls in your day. They DO NOT reschedule calls when issues come up on jobs - and they come up often. They are totally clueless about what happens on the job-they just want it done. They pay you next to nothing for using your own vehicle and they make you sign off on everything they can think of to protect their own butt A good install can be done in 45 min no problem..BUT if you are expected to change a leaking valve or non working valve -GOOD LUCK! So much time is wasted and you are not compensated for it. Very stressful! They wouldn't know a good worker if they came up and bit them. Its actually ridiculous...

Pros

Work your own hours

Cons

no mileage paid, not paid for doorknocking, liable for anything they deem your fault, way too much you are required to do with no adjustment of your schedule, so much wasted time with no compensation

They rip you off

They dont want to pay for extra travelling. Sometime i had to drive 20 km one way and back again 20 km not getting paid for. i asked the management for compensation they told me i sign a contractor i dont get paid for extra traveling that made me quite. Don't do it you will be making $9 an hour and kill you vehicle and the same time.Good Luck everyone

Do not apply!

Paid per install, personnal vehicle required, No mileage. Installs are based on appointments made by homeowners, they receive a notice at the beginning of the project and if they dont make an appointment you have too doorknock without pay or mileage. If any damage occurs on the job site you are liable for it, I regret signing on with this company...

It was a great place to work but no room for advancement

Great company but difficult to advance. Great place to learn how a successful and in-demand company runs. Been around for 100 years and will be around for another 100 years.

Stay away

Stay away from this place. Currently in small claims court to get my money for the meters I installed. There are other opportunities. Big rip off. Very little support while you work

management is great and culture but limited workload. you have to work Saturdays. you are not in control of booking your appointments so if you wanted to work more to make more money you cant. this is a great part time job if you have another partner paying the bills, or if your are retired.

I get list of appts for the day. Upgrade the water meters in residential and comercial homes.

Ntg is a grest team to work for. The pay is good if you wanna work.the staff are super great. I have a good day most of the time. I meet greatpeople along the way.

Prepare to invest your money for them

= No fuel allowance - you invest and they refund it ( twice a month if your manager remembers to approve it. If he forgets them it could be a month or more. The more you invest the longer it takes to get your money back = Project Managers only think about production and profit = they under order their supplies so they can show a profit which means you could end up buying material too to get the job done = A promotion only means new title, more work but no increase in pay. = Poor training for field employees.You get a crash course on everything they need to be legally compliant and nothing on what you need to know to do your job = No accountability for project managers = dont count on a lot of support as most dont even show up to the office and say they are " working from home" = good luck if you need to reach them "at home"

Set the Record Straight

I am extremely tired of people going online to bash a company that is great to work for. These people were probably employed for a day or two and simply had terrible work ethics. Kids now a days want everything handed to them on a silver platter. They think everyone should cater to their every need. They don't want to put in the work and just complain about things they have no idea about. Neptune is a great place to work. The benefits are amazing, you start with 3 weeks vacation, great pension plan, room to grow if you want to put in the work and show you are eager to learn ... should I go on? Go see if the grass is greener on the other side. You will find out you should have stayed on this side of the fence. Good luck job hunting, you'll need it.

Pros

Great work environment

Good Company to work for. Pay was not to bad either. The boss was good. The job had ups and downs with being busy tho. Being a sub-contractor seem like a good experience.

Installing water meters

Must use own vehicle, terrible pay, no benefits no mileage. It ends up being minimum wage. Does not even pay for training a complete rip off and joke of a job. If you want to make less then minimum wage work like mad, use your own vehicle with not even CPP or any taxes paid this is the place for you. Nice people terrible pay.

Pros

Work alone

Cons

The worst paying job ever

Avoid this company if you can- Toxic environment

This company has a really bad culture...no interaction between departments and there are no company sponsored events to make it a fun place to work. The salary is so bad and management will try to convince you that you are wrong. Nobody is held accountable for their work and it's such a toxic place...STAY AWAY! All the positive reviews you see are from the h.r trying to put good reviews...you have been warned

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Accommodating but Complacent

Great place to develop but don't stay too long. Really good people with great intentions and good atmosphere but unfortunately the culture has deteriorated and motivation and energy is poor.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Complacent culture

Water Meter Installer

great place to work if you are under contract. careful on the city and supervisor running your area as they can be sneaky by giving your work to favourably people as you are paid by the job

Pros

controlled of your time no one watching you

Cons

need to work weekends as they will not give you weekdays appointments

Contract

Great Place to work if you are under contract as a water meter installer. need to be in the Toronto area to work ..........................................

Terrible place to work for

Terrible place to work at. The money is terrible and you are micromanaged to the fullest. Minimal opportunities and overall BAD. Avoid this company PLEASE!

An enjoyable company to work with

I have enjoyed my work with NTG for the past eight years. During my time I have been afforded many opportunities for advancement and growth. The job can be demanding and requires quick adaptation at many times. Neptune is an excellent company to begin a career as a contractor.

Pros

Relative autonomy

Cons

UNexpected and sudden geographic moves

Poorly Sturctured

When I was hired I was promised job security. Within a year of being there I became mentally ill due to stress place on myself. I received at "promotion" I did not get a raise, instead I got extra work (2 jobs with different titles) and was paid for the cheeper title. They under pay the staff, but have good benefits.

benefits

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neptune Technology Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement