Neo Financial
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Neo Financial Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Productive and collaborative atmosphere

Friendly atmosphere and there are lots of youngsters working hard to achieve their goals. Good salary but no overtime pay. Work can be stressful at times but it's a good learning experience.

Customer experience/Engagement Advisor/Customer Onboarding analyst

It is a good opportunity to kick off your career working with Neo. Now, it is a call centre where you are answering and resolving customer issues EVERY DAY. It is an entry level with minimum to no experience. The reason why I say that is because if you have experience, expertise and knowledge, I suggest going directly to financial institutions with banking license. Starting pay is $35000k/annually. Olympia financial offers $44,100/annually, RBC offers around $45,000. (I have met with hiring managers that have verified the salary during my interviews). Not very competitive in the marketplace in the marketplace if you as me considering inflation. I understand a lot of people looking to grow within the company which is one of the common factors why people consider Neo. You could take a stab at it, but evaluate your skills of being good at office politics . And with my first hand experience there's a lot of politics. Eg. There are multiple accounts when a entry level specialist was promoted as a team lead at a different department which is a step higher, but that individual has NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE with their new department. There are structure in place before being promoted but this occurred simply because that person was close to their manager. As a result, there are people in leadership role who lack in leaderships qualities, effective communications, and qualifications to effectively lead. There are occurrences where a couple of people that I worked with that was promoted to a higher role at a different department that required more responsibility and skills, but they weren't -

Pros

Relationship within the team

Cons

Politics, lack in leadership & low pay

Insights into Neo Financial

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Neo is a great Company. Lots of room to grow and internal promotions. If you’re someone considering a Career advancement, then Neo is a company to work for.

Productive and fun workplace with lovely management

Neo financial is a startup company with so much opportunities to learn and grow. I enjoy working with management because they are always willing to help at all times. They also ask for feedback from employees to learn and do better.

Pros

No micro management, employees are encouraged to make decisions themselves

Cons

Rotating shifts

Great place to see your work make an impact.

Neo does a great job of giving everyone growth opportunities. The organization is flat so anyone can step up and take on more responsibilities and be noticed for their hard work. Hours aren't bad, most people work 45 ish hours a week.

Pros

High Impact, Fast Growth.

Cons

A lot of responsibility which can be stressful but also fun.

Great company to work for!

I just recently started at Neo and so far it’s been a really great experience. Everyone is down to earth, helpful and friendly. Definitely a great company to grow with.

Pros

People, environment, culture, growth

Cons

Working weekends

Great company however doesn’t pay interns

Worked at Neo Financials for my internship last fall. Everything was great, I loved my managers and coworkers. They were all kind and helpful and always ready to talk when work felt too much. Hated the fact that they pay minimum wage for software dev interns, it sucks that pandemic hasn’t been easy on new grads and Neo Financial is one of the shark companies taking advantage of this situation. It demotivated me and several other interns to put our best foot forward since we were getting paid minimum wage. TLDR: Neo Financial expects maximum effort for minimum wage…

Pros

Working culture

Cons

Pay

Best Kind Of Startup Company

If you've worked at startup companies before you know that half of them aren't too serious about success. They promote a "quirky" lifestyle so they can feel cooler than big companies. They waste time on parties and swag before they even get customers! Those startups are always hiring "ninjas" and they'll "only hire the best" ... but is it true?Neo on the other hand has an amazing vision and everyone's working on important stuff. Every month they do something big. They really do only have the best people and encourage success with mentorship and coaching. It's clear what has to be done and people who do it get rewarded. Ultimately nobody is kept around if they can't do the job - there's someone like that in every crowd. The result at Neo is a team where successful smart people LOVE IT. It feels great to work at Neo.

Pros

Smart team of winners with a great vision!

Cons

Taking more responsibility can be stressful.

Supportive team with a friendly environment

The workload might be high but that's how you can achieve a big goal. At Neo, people believe in a better banking future for Canadians and that is why everybody's very motivated and works very hard. People at Neo are super friendly and fun which makes you forget how hard the job is. Seniors are always approachable and happy to help and at Neo, they constantly try to make sure people feel a sense of belonging from the first day.

Fast-paced and passion driven work culture

Neo Financial is disrupting what is currently a very traditional and dated industry; banking. The workplace is full of passion driven, hard workers who encourage one another each and every day. The team is very diverse with people from all over the world and all types of career backgrounds.

Pros

A company with passion and purpose driven goals

Great working culture!

Neo is a company where you can work with others and strive for growth. As a small company, you will be assigned with responsibilities which you can provide your insights and expertise. You will also work with different teams but striving for the same goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neo Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement