Neighbourly Pharmacy

Neighbourly Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews

workcompanyculturestoregreatworkingjobgood

Neighbourly, Pharmasave professional practice environment the gold standard and envy of main stream pharmacies - don’t settle for less!

Featured review

Neighbourly Pharmacy selected this as a representative review
Neighbourly (DBA: Pharmasave) - exciting new company to practice pharmacy profession with. Company and local management well aligned with pharmacy practice. Professional, practice rewarding, 100% patient focused care, excellent pharmacist supports - assistants and regulated technicians, totally supportive management, excellent compensation and benefits package, high performance satisfaction.

Pros

Culture, management

Cons

100% satisfaction guarantee

Flexible Cooperative Work Culture

Staff are like a well organized family and encourage to treat others like you want to be treated. Wages are typical retail, rewarding as you continue.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

On your feet alot

Official response from Neighbourly Pharmacy

17 May 2022
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. At Neighbourly, you are not just an employee; you are part of our family!

Insights into Neighbourly Pharmacy

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

not great

The store itself was a great place to work, but everything in regards to management was a joke. No leadership at all from area managers, they have their favorites, good luck if you aren't one of them. Had not received much of pay raise in years, as minimum wage went up, my wage stayed the same, and after years of working here, i was just above min wage.

Pros

store hours

Cons

management, wage

Official response from Neighbourly Pharmacy

3 May 2022
Hello,We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied. We will look into these matters further.Human Resources

High stress bad management low pay

Worst company incapable managers hire cheap labour. Wants to save any single cent no ethics to workers most people there especially accounting are incapable they get rid of you once the job is done so they can save every single cent gross company

Great Leadership & Management with family culture

It’s amazing working for Neighbourly- empowering & fulfilling are my two highlights throughout the journey. Transparent communication that allows employees to voice their opinion & suggest business ideas. Good team culture.

Pros

Fair pay, career development, one team culture

Cons

Fast paced

Horrible unprofessional

Full of clicks...if you aren't one of the " it crowd" you are treated horribly. Management picks favorites. Management gossips with staff about other staff members. Head office is a joke. They don't take any issues raised seriously. The supposed union doesn't do anything for the worker.Would not recommend working here. A lot of staff turn over... that should have been a red flag to me, but I wasn't aware of how bad they were until I was working there.

Cons

Gossipy atmosphere

Productive and Fun Place to work!

Great Culture and Company to work for. Enjoy all the people that I work with everyday as we all have a great working relationship and everyone works together.

Great Canadian Company

The vision of the founders of this company is what makes this company such a great place to work for. The culture allows great freedom to take care of Canadians in the best way possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually helping people. ie. Be it giving a flu shot, reviewing a patient’s hospital discharge, ensuring patients are familiar with their medications, intervening on a patient’s behalf for drug interactions.The management team is professional, responsive, supportive and willing to adapt to requests from store level. They are willing to work with you to get the job done. When you run into a problem and need an answer quickly, they deliver.The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking and the lack of technician help. So you get to do many other functions. I have learned so much in taking care of the business part of pharmacy.Overall, I would highly recommend this company as a good place to work. I am excited to see how this corporation will grow and evolve in the future. This is exciting for pharmacy practice in Canada.

Pros

Great Positive Culture

Cons

Having no lunch break

Stressful and no job security

They make False promises and then go back and change their words. Management was not helpful and were not clear on expectations. They make deals with others to hire to replace the staff without warning. Imagine going to work one day just to be told to leave because you’ve been laid off! So unprofessional!

Cons

Unprofessional and they don’t work with their employees

Stress

Stressful culture Poor management Inexperienced and incapable staff No work life balance Poor salaries

Working at RX Drug Mart

Working here has been an amazing experience. Being one of the fastest growing CANADIAN companies is it amazing to be part of the journey. The management is approachable/ reactive and care about their employees. The culture is amazing and everyone is willing to help and no one ever says that's not my job. It is truly a great experience to be partners in our communities as well. I would highly recommend if you get a chance to work here that you do. It will be an amazing experience and a gives you the opportunity to grow and advance your career. There have been a number of internal promotions in this company and it has doubled in size in a year. If your are thinking about working here don't think twice. People First is always the name of the game here.

Pros

contests, entreprenuerial spirit, wages, work life balance, culture, good corporate citizen, community minded

Cons

cannot think of any

Great Place to work , growing company and lots to learn

Fast growing Company with very knowledgeable CEO and management team. Company promotes two way communication. Workplace culture is great at both Head office and stores. Overall Great place to work

Satisfy your patients

Excellent team work at work place makes the work shift most enjoyable. My philosophy is ' Love your job to make it enjoyable'. When you think only of the negatives with your firm or work place will make your job hectic and long. There are solutions to each and every task comes in friend of you. Management question to the employees should be ' What should we do for you to achieve your goal ? ' in a less stress environment the work outcome will be at its maximum.So support your subordinates in their work. I dislike someone go out of your store without the stuff or service they are looking for. The most enjoyable moments in a pharmacist's job is when your customers/patients find relief in talking to you or take advice from you.

Had the most fun working with my coworkers. They're all so friendly and it will almost feel like you're home while you're working.

Working at Rx Drug Mart taught me a lot of things like cash handling and store organizing. I've gained so much knowledge and my coworkers helped me with what I needed help with. They've been like family to me and it almost feels like home whenever I work.

Good culture and fun place

It’s a pretty new company but the office environment is very good. Lots of collaboration. The new CEO has a weekly “huddle” which is great. People really enjoying hearing about everything going on. I always feel in the loop about other things happening that impact me. It’s a growing company so everyone works hard, but the culture is really good. It felt a little chaotic when I first joined but the new leaders have made a lot of change for the better. The growth feels more manageable. I like my team, lots of really smart and hard working people.

Productive workplace

Friendly staff, productive environment, always willing to help out the customer. Always accommodated me for the days I could not work. Got free CPR First Aid training during business hours. I would highly recommend the company to anyone who wants to join the team!

Pros

Free CPR First Aid training during business hours, Employee discount cards for store, Annual dinners

no clear direction

too much turn over at head office, no loyalty to the front line staff . No raises given to store managers in the time that I worked there, 1 1/2 years

Zero job security.

Stressful and asking more and more stuff to do!! The more you do the more you have to listen too!! No job security, work until you will hear you are not good for job!! Management ok!!

Great Work team leadership

Easy to talk to, also management is willing for changes. Workplace culture is healthy and positive. They also encourage individual contribution, and adapt if its adaptive.

Stressful

New company and has a lot of kinks that need to be ironed out. Taking on too much at once and trying to make too many changes. The pay is not relevant to the job. The day to day store jobs are ok.

interesting

Normal day consists of serving customer, inventory and filling prescriptions. Never having done this kind of work before I learned about meds. The hardest part is understanding the terminology.

Cons

part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighbourly Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement