Needs Convenience Employee Reviews

Busy and enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 May 2019
It was always gratifying meeting customers and forming friends ....helping people get there items correctly and effectively.... managers are always there to help and assist is situations
Pros
Finding friends
Cons
Low pay
Short term "Needs"
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia12 January 2019
If you're looking for a short term job to help make ends meet until you get a real job I recommend any convenience or gas station. Great for college students but you actually have to show up to get paid.
Pros
A pay cheque
Cons
Boring
Flexible summer hours.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE22 May 2018
I worked there part-time from late winter until late summer of 2014, and in the summer, I had more hours due to how busy it was, but the manager was always making sure the part-timers never worked too much. The manager who was there at the time, though, would sometimes make scheduling mistakes; I was never able to work by myself for very long or during busy hours, but the manager put me bymyself for 4 hours one day without realizing that it was prom night for the high school a walking distance away. This particular Needs was also a liquor store, so it was extremely busy and had to call a co-worker for assistance.
Pros
Never boring; always had something to to
Cons
Occasionally overwhelming
job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS26 February 2018
another of several university jobs to get me by at that time . was a smaller store with few staff but we all got along well enough. not sure if that location is still open tho.
Pros
free slushies
Cons
small staff vs schedualing
Great Co workers
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Badger, NL8 January 2018
its a job, some hours can be long, no Benefits,most of the time you work alone, have to work on all holidays the store is open 365 days a year.And you will only make minimum wage
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
a few things
Needs Convenience Store
Preformed Cashier Transaction (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 November 2017
• Preformed Cashier Transaction
• Keeping up with Stock
• Cleaning Floors, counters and windows
• Assisting Customers
• Locking up and Closing Down Shop
Quiet and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NS4 October 2017
Working in a small town brings along the benefits of a very close-knit and friendly community making up the majority of your customer base. Regular customers come in, tell me about their day, talk about the weather, their kids, their job, and it brings a certain sense of reward along with it at closing time. Working in a small town showed me the absolute value in customer service as truth be told, if a customer doesn't enjoy their experience, they will take their money elsewhere without a moments hesitation.
Good place to start
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 September 2017
Good place to work and has great employers and does give a flexable schedule,great training and chance for advancment.Good people to work with and kept up on product great Reps from Companys.
Pros
Perks free gifts
Cons
no health coverage
First job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stellarton, NS7 August 2017
First job working only back shifts as a cashier, stocking shelves and cleaning the store for when the morning employees arrived. Good people and easy work, great first job.
Sydney Tarponds Agency
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS6 August 2017
a typical day at work would be that I would walk in and do what the boss had laid out for me, I have learned a lot of things, I have managed a lot of things, there were no hard parts of the job that I couldn't handle. most enjoyable part of the job is that I had got the chance the become bondable and enjoy the area that I worked in the most.
Pros
Lunch timing, benefits, good hours.
productive workplace environment
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Springdale, NL30 July 2017
Its a busy environment but fun place to work.I do daily deposits stocking shelves and ordering freight.I do a cash and sales spread sheet.Balancing of monies and lotto.Scheduling of employees
Pros
enjoy working with the puplic
Cons
pas vraiment un emploi de qualitée mais une experiance neanmoins
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shippagan, NB22 July 2017
tu commence ton shift en comptant ton cash, lotteries générales,bingos et cigarettes et apes tu est le cashier pour les huit heures que tu est la ainsi que du labor comme passer la mop, remplir le stock et prendre des températures.
Pros
la paye
Cons
pas beaucoups d'heures, instable
loved it there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kilbride, NL17 July 2017
Liked talking to all the regular customers and that it was fast paced most of the time. The owner was great with trying to give you time off when you needed it
It was good job for teenager
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 May 2017
Worked as a summer job there, it was pretty easy and a good job for
a teenager. Customers can be rude but most are okay, minimum wage and part time hours
great people to work with and great regular customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  mt albion PE4 April 2017
its a good job, not something you are going to retire with obviously, no benefits, minimum wage, close to home, manager is good, regular customers are great and other staff are great to work with, point blank its a job..
Pros
free coffee
Cons
work alone sometimes so no lunch break
stressful, not on a schedule, no notice given for when to work, not getting paid for all hours worked.
Customer Service Representative - Key-Holder (Current Employee) –  69 Military Road St.Johns27 March 2017
fairly nice place with a good customer clientele- however, the management is not the best, nothing is organized, which makes for a very confusing, unprofessional atmosphere.
Cons
no discount/benefits, supposed to have schedule, supposed to get paid all hours worked, long hours/hardly any days off.
Great job
Halifax, NS. - Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2017
I've grown with the community, everyday people would stop in and get their daily chats, we dealt with 4 senior homes, 3 universities, and a large base community in the south end of Halifax.
I would deal with every race on earth as this area was the hub of Halifax for students and travelers from around the world.
I've learned personal relations, I can deal with people in a stress situation without escalating, with the best interest of the company.
I would deal with product/quality control. I've implemented work schedules, task charts, inventory control reports, quality control reports.
Work place was a fast paced environment, this location was the busiest for Halifax as it was a 24hr store located Downtown Halifax.
The hardest part would be working with students, the work ethics was not there tasks didn't get done, nor would some show up for shifts, I was the one called in to fix or cover shifts.
I've brought our location to be #1 for Atlantic Canada, and I have been the discussion of conferences for the better of the company.
Working everyday was great, seeing the community, growing with the community, most times work felt like hanging out with friends.
Pros
constantly on the go and bussy
Cons
Drunks
Productive and busy place to work at times
Key Holder and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL5 March 2017
This job requires a lot of responsibility and the ability to work independently without supervision. It can be very fast paced at times but also a friendly environment.
Great hours along with a positive atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 March 2017
Needs was the Perfect job for me at the time. They help work around my schedule without any issues, I enjoyed my co workers because they were all friendly, helpful and reliable. The job its self was good too. Most days I would come in and do my usual duties like maintain the stores appearance, stocking product and keeping track of sales etc. The job help me brush up on my customer service and organizational skills and it was just an all around positive experience there.
Pros
Wonderful hours, mangers and customers.
Cons
working alone at night was the only thing I didn't really like.
Not Appreciated Enough
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE19 February 2017
It is a good summer job for a teenager , would be more fitting .

To stay there for a long period of time is pointless ,
no where to move up to , no raises , no benefits , expected a lot of stuff done from people that either didnt know what they were doing or not trained right .

was never a thank you or the store looks great guys , just complained
Pros
customers were all awesome