Nedco Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Busy workplace but a good enviroment
A typical day was shipping and receiving goods in the electrical field.I had no experience in that field but gained hands on knowledge in my brief stay there.the management and staff there were very helpful
Was a good place to work
Was a good place to work. would recommend you have an electrical background before applying, as your expected to provide customer service and knowledge of electrical industry would be a great benefit to your success. limited training is available from company. The industry itself is a throw you to the wolves kind of approach and you learn as you go.
Bad career choice
Empty promises and a contract that is ambiguous. No internal support I would have to say the company as a whole my be good but the branch itself needs a lot of work
the Warehouse supervisors
They stand in front of office with arms folded doing absolutely NOTHING during shifts Or ironically have breaks when each picker/packer has a break They do not train workers in anyway. They want workers to reach impossible quotas They WANT you to ask permission to use WASHROOMS. A SUPERVISOR SHOULD KNOW HOW TO READ A SERVICE ORDER/TICKET ..PATHETIC!!
Old company, old school way of doing things
this company has been around for so many years somethings are in the system and hard to change. A lot of things are not up to speed and a lot of people are doing their job the way they do it just cause it's been done the same way for so many years.
Nedco
Straight days, hard work, long hours, too many tasks, jobs and responsibilities at once to manage. Good management. Large corporation micromanages and constantly watches you.
Atmosphère tres jaloux obligé de faire plus que 8:00 heures non payer et non accumulés surtout pour le bureaux de ville de quebec rue des rocailles.
A l'entrevue tout est beau il veut t'avoir le plus vite possible aux salaires que tu veux, mais après seulement 2 semaine tu viens de réaliser que tu t'est fait avoire solide , les paroles on disparu. C'est vraiment une movaise place avec du vieux monde frustré .
All talk, and no help
They have a high turnover and poor software training plus the worst software that dates back to the 80s.
They say do not worry whatever it takes and someone else is down your throat for not getting it. They have a do has i say and not has i do.
A good learning experience
I've learned a lot about the electrical business while working at Nedco. They provide mandatory training in each category and are driven by customer satisfaction. The warehouse work is abundant even on a slow work day, the customers are mostly friendly regulars, and the management in individual branches is wonderful. The only complaints I would have is the higher ups don't seem to consider the working conditions and actual experiences the branches face every day when making their decisions.
Pros
Benefits, salary, solid schedule
Cons
Understaffed, uniform not heat-friendly
warehouse and sales
the job was nothing special.
Shipping and receiving

counter sales

storefront cleaning and organizing

management when I was there were horrible

straight days Monday to friday
Pros
straight days
Cons
pay rate
ok place to work. the people are nice
its your typical warehouse. things come in. orders go out.
it has its busy season where we do a lot orders then its slow season where we do a lot of maintenance on machines and the property.

really nothing spectacular or extra ordinary.
Pros
people/ staff
Cons
doughnut is only once a week.
Poor, Poor Management
The management of the company truly have no clue what they are doing or how they have got as far as they have thus far. The challenge starts at the top and works down.
Pros
Cons
Ridiculous expectations
Not a bad place to work
Nedco is a decent place to work. The parent company Rexel is a coporate giant and is changing the work enviroment sometimes for the better and sometimes not.
productive and fun workplace with room for advancement
the work environment here was great and not stressful. the other employees were very nice and helpful with training. the customers that i dealt were also very nice.
really enjoyable place to work
I really enjoyed my time at Nedco, right up until the Altlantic division merged with Liteco to become Rexel. it was after the merge that I was "let go" due to financial constraints within the branch
New Management in the West is very positive
I have worked for Nedco for many years in inside sales, outside sales and as a specialist. Like all companies in Alberta, many changes occurred in the last several years. I am happy to say the new leadership in Western Canada is very positive and I look forward to continuing to work for them and participate in these positive changes.
Pros
Great people, amazing customers, fun environment
Cons
Some issues with inventory that are being addressed and resolved
Nedco - Electrical Supply Distributor
A typical day at work started at 8am and finished at 4pm. I learned about the electrical supply business and the different products involved with that. The management is stale and needs to be injected with new blood to move forward with the business. The hardest part was convincing them to make any changes to my client to increase sales.
Pros
Training Provided by suppliers and the company
Cons
OK at best as an overall employer
Not a great place to work. Constant changes with an upper management team that tends to only make false promises. Continuing to run branches with a lack of staff and expecting more out of the few employees remaining at these branches are all causes for an unhappy working environment.
Pros
Canucks tickets
Cons
No lunch breaks. Too busy to focus on tasks
Rapprocher de chez moi
J'aime bien mes trop loin de chez moi tanner du trafic
Pros
Bonne gang
Cons
Trop de changement de personnel
Nedco
I wish all the people that currently work here all the best,

When it's a constant revolving door, it is safe to say that you must be desperate if your considering applying",
Able to gain knowledge in a new field.
This was a good company when I started but when head office started making management changes from the west the company went downhill. There might be one person left in the Winnipeg office that was there when I was let go.
Pros
Lunch and learn training sessions
Cons
Lack of job srcurity