NCO Group Employee Reviews

Its a Job
Collector (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 April 2018
A typical day at work is getting the office and sitting in front of the computer and harassing people to pay off their overdue bills.

Great co-workers. The management/team lead staff is horrible. They have favorites and let them get away with everything.

Management/ Team Lead tells everyone's business. All they cared about is their stats.
Not a Great place to work but full time
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 March 2018
It's a hard and horrible job for little pay. You are expected to reach unrealistic goals and if you dont' consistently you are fired. There is no room for advancement. They pay the lowest they can get away with.
Pros
It's Full Time
Cons
Everything Else
Terrible work enivorment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2018
Poor Management, Aggressive management, abusive atomosphere. I have worked there 2 years and have to leave due to management. I have goal and make bonus every month but their strive on people who will be nice to them.
Pros
hour lunchs
Cons
everything
NCO Financial Services
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 January 2018
Excellent company to work for

Management is understanding and takes concerns to heart

Great hours

Collections can be very demanding and definitely not for the week at heart.
productive place with many oppurtunites
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 January 2018
i was only there for a short time a long time ago so not sure. As far as I remember its an ok place to work when you are first starting out. You can learn a lot and gain a lot of experience because you have to attend to the clients on the phone. Sometimes they do give you crazy shifts
co workers/management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 January 2018
I didn't enjoy it very stressful/hard to get hours you want/ not very understanding when it comes to health issues/co workers are great, management not so much.. wouldn't recommend this pace to anyone.
Cons
This company no longer Exists in Edmonton, AB!!!!
Senior Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2018
for such a large company it failed miserably in many areas including targets, quota's and personal goal!!!
Basically a glorified collection agency.
I have no idea why or that matter how I managed to go back on 4 different occasions??
Pros
Good Social commity
Cons
evening and weekend work
Productive and fun workplace.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 December 2017
Productive and fun workplace, no differences like any other call center. Offering Good benefits and pention. Salary wise not quite good After almost a year of working couldnt see myself doing career in to it.
Fun place to work and great people as well
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2017
A typical day at work is getting the office and sitting in front of the computer and harassing people to pay off their credit cards

Great people to work with but personally i didn't enjoy the fact that clients would hand up in your face or start screaming at you because you're asking them to pay off their debts
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
angry clients
More or less
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2017
Good to work at home in your jammies" (in 7 reviews)
"Fast-paced environment which challenges troubleshooting and customer service skills" (in 6 reviews)
Cons
"The occasional technical difficulty normally experience in a high-volume call center"
credit analize
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2017
working in credit card department as a analizer. working full of customer credit card and serve the as there needs. also check the score and increce there needs.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 October 2017
While my time with this company was short, I built a strong rapport with the management and other team members. there is a great work atmosphere and people are generally kind
Not bad
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 October 2017
Overall a positive experience. Was a boring job, mostly calling to collect past due bills from cellphone customers, but the pay was alright and the management was acceptable.
we all kept our spirits up having lunch and joking about some calls
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2017
A typical day at work was dealing with disgrundled people, Some calls started out not so great but in the end , they went away happy. I use to do over time with them if needed at times I said no. I tried to always keep a smile on my face even though some of the calls were brutal. One thing I always felt was that if a person called and cursed at you the worst names you ever could be called then, you should be able to warn them a couple times and then release the call. I learned it takes all kinds to make a world, But I have been in Customer service of one kind or another for 40 yrs , So I have learned a lot along the way, The work place culture was pretty lay back, as long as we did our job and got good quality all was good, I would say the hardest part of the job was to be swore at by very filthy words, trust me I can usually handle it at the best of time, but what happened to not allowing people to verbal abuse you. I enjoyed the awesome customers that I did get, appreciating what I had done for them, I believe kill them with kindness,
Pros
we got all American Holidays off and worked Canadian and two days off together
Cons
being swore at and not being able to warn customer about their language
busy place
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 September 2017
the people were good the management was not so good. to many rules and the pay was not the greatest for the work that was needed to get done. the place is no longer around
Toxic work envirnoment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Great co-workers. The management staff was horrible. Lot's of bulling of staff. Calling workers stupid. Absolutely degrading workers and in front of everyone. All they cared about was their stats.
Pros
Got a pay cheque
Cons
Bad attitude managers
Not Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 September 2017
I found this company to have a very high turn over rate and the only people they could get to stay were people that couldn't get jobs anywhere else...
In depth training and good start off job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 September 2017
I had this job in xbox support and we were trained for about 4 weeks and learned a lot. We were allowed to play with xboxes on our breaks and during training which was fun too. This is a perfect job for a student starting out in the real world and doesn't really know what to do.
another horrible place to work
Tech. Support Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC27 July 2017
nobody here had a goal in mind, no future. You know the stuff that goes down the toilet after you flush? no right? that's how much they care about their employees.

THe place shut down so fast before I even completed my 6 months of torment
Comfortable atmosphere with High Productivity Level
Administrative Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 June 2017
My first full-time job in the administrative field. Thanks to this job and our various clients I have a wealth of experience and knowledge that can only be obtained from a productive and dedicated workplace such as this. Management is incredibly easy to get along with and is always eager to help. This job has challenged me greatly and I have grown as an individual thanks to my duties here. I am very grateful for the experiences I have had as an Administrative Representative with NCO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.