Naylor Building Partnerships Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews

Lots to learn here

Company has lots of room to grow and hone your skills, once established you build relationships and a history with customer and their equipment. Work is close to home, commute is minimal if you live in the vicinity of your office. The techs at naylor are always willing to help each other out solving problems.Pay is good (could always be more) benefits are good rsp matching excellent. Good place to work.

Not. Sincere don’t care about. You as a person backstabbing workers and bosses

They’re management. are always smiling. In your.face but behind. Your. Back that’s a different. story .Overworked underpaid. they would make you work 8. Hrs.and tell you need. too work the night shift after.. The dispatcher they. have is rude and very unprofessional the workers are k. and helpful. .Im not impressed with this company very disappointed I’m sorry. I would not recommend this. Company as your next employer.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Long. Hrs

Great coworkers

Great place to work! Benefits are awesome and cover my family. I have made many friends at work and love the vacation time as well.P.S there’s paid sickdays

Amazing people and a good learning experience

I did my co-op at Naylor last year. I absolutely enjoyed my time there as a HR Co-op student. I got to build great networks and connections. The HR dept and other depts worked closely so it was a good learning experience. Amazing work culture and friendly people! You also get BBQ and Christmas parties (even for your kids)!!

You're just a number.

You are just a number here at Naylor. For a company that has repeatedly won 'Best Managed', its fairly ironic that all the comments here indicated anything but 'best managed'. The work hours are long and company profits high; disproportional to ones salary. Each day is a new mess, with a new task thrown at you by senior management. At Naylor, stress leaves seem to be a right of passage for most employees, often with each department having numerous people on leave in succession of the last. This problem is often compounded by managements lack of willingness to hire more and/or appropriate staff. Tasks are often dumped on people who are the most competent (and then they go on stress leave or burnout), without any additional compensation. Naylor has a toxic culture; people are generally on edge, especially given any type of random interaction from ownership. Obtrusive, passive owners who regularly berate employees when something doesn't go their way.I remain at Naylor due to my co-workers; as we essentially help each other make it through each day.

Pros

Free popcorn, an annual bbq

Cons

Long hours, low pay, 'Need it yesterday' attitude, out of touch Senior management

Insights into Naylor Building Partnerships

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment

Employees are awesome, Management needs work

I worked there for a short time and got let go. The employees were absolutely amazing. He techs that I worked with were helpful, smart, hard working and if you had a problem with a job, they were usually just a quick phone call away. As for management, they were not helpful, not organized, and were just unprofessional. A lot of politics in this company. Some conversations that I overheard in the office were borderline inappropriate. Unfortunately, there is no way to give Management zero stars.

Pros

Employees/techs are very nice and helpful

Cons

Management is a big issue. Not organized and unprofessional

Long hours and underpaid

If you are single and no social life; this is the place for you. Office salaries are low and they expect you to do the work of 2 or 2.5 people for free.* Lack of training * None is there to provide some training * Management does not care about you as a person. You are just a number.

Pros

The benefits are decent.

Cons

Lack of training. Long hours. Office environment is not too friendly.

Compensation package is solid. But that’s about it

Industry leading pay, good benefits, rrsp matching. Clothing allowance is actually great. Other techs are fantastic. New work vans to take home, cell phone, tablet etc. Upper and middle Management could use some improvement with only one or two diamonds in the rough. It’s quite obvious their techs mean little to them. Minimal support from the office with poor employee relations. Often last minute weekend and OT work is expected of you (understandable in this field but it gets very excessive even when you already have plans). Management has been known to dispute technician red tags, they are willing to risk your gas license for their customers/bonusesOnce naylor allegedly was a great place to work according to veteran techs but that is quickly getting worse it would seem. Hopefully they turn things around. High employee turnover and office transfers.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Management, toxic work environment, time off

Good Overall Company

I worked for Naylor just little over a year. The job wasn’t for me but the sales team was great! The managers are always there to help you out as well as the operations managers and technicians to answer any questions. You’re on your own a lot. The job entails cold calling, business to business drop offs and getting your own leads, booking appt, on site assessments of the building equipments, bids for cities and townships etc. I found the work slow and daunting. The first year your manager is with you and supportive all the way through. I was let go after my first year because I didn’t hit quota; I was shocked by it because two weeks prior being let go I had a great review. However, they took care of me with 6 weeks of benefits and compensation to follow. No hard feelings, it was a blessing in disguise.

Pros

Team Lunches, Support, Relaxed

decent place to work

decent place to work, i personally enjoyed it the guys are good, helpful they give you a heads up about management be carful what you say and around whom. management is definitely two faced they act as they're your friend but when it comes down to them or you its always them. if applying they have a high turn over rate so be cautious. and good luck

Not for the family man

the New truck and the phone app is great and most of the guys are as well. Plumbing managers are two faced and back stabbing. Your friend one day and your enemy the next. I’m sure they have a lot on there plate but they forget that there job only exist because of the guys in the field. They will schedule you on a night shift with out asking. They will send you out of town when you say you can’t.

Caring collaborative work environment

Naylor is a great place to work, with excellent work life balance. The company holds many events to celebrate its employees, has an on-site gym, and caring and collaborative teams of employees.

Poor company culture

Company culture is poor. Everyone walks on egg shells and is scared of saying anything honest in case it might upset the two owners. Sense of entitlement from the senior staff.

Good Company

A typical work day starts at 7:00 am (could be earlier depending on the job location) with meeting at a company location or actual job site, where supplies and equipment will be loaded into the company vehicle. Technicians work independently or have apprentices support them throughout the day or a combination of both. Jobs consist of picking up parts & equipment, servicing, demolishing, repairing and construction of mechanical systems from electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and H-vac across southern Ontario. Overall the management and dispatch team are okay depending on the location you are working out of, with some locations being better than others. The workplace culture is decent but lacks diversity which can be challenging and could take some getting used to depending on the individual. The job can be difficult as there is quite a bit of a learning curve. You need to be tech savvy or at least have an okay knowledge of how to use smartphone and app technology along with basic data entry skills. There are also a wide array of tools and equipment you must learn or have the knowledge to use and operate effectively depending on the department you are working in. If you have prior experience then you will learn and adapt quicker then an apprentice who is green. With all that being said the job can be very fun and you can and will learn a multitude of skills if you are willing to learn. Most technicians aren't the best teachers or have the best teaching methods but the ones that do are very knowledgeable and do their jobs very well. Better training and a better -

Pros

Occasional free lunches, company vehicle & gas card (if eligible), tool & uniform allowance, benefits, savings plan, knowledgeable technicians, career advancement

Cons

Work range/location, attitudes, lack of diversity, training/teaching system, lack of overtime hours & lack of hours in the winter

Great place with employee gym

Great place to work, great people would like to work closer to home, Driving everyday to Oakville and return is a bit long some days, Company won best employer award for 2018

Pros

Long drive to work

Cons

Great people and company gym

Bad culture

Workplace culture revolved around pleasing those who have been in the company the longest. Even if the technicians had done something wrong, we were not to say it to them. Working here feels like constantly walking on egg shells.

Pros

Benefits, free food, free drinks in the fridge

A company that is always willing to try new things.

Naylor is a company that can provide great quality and service in all commercial and industrial markets. They are always striving to be ahead of their competition by using leading edge technology to get the job done right the first time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Naylor Building Partnerships. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement