Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Customer service driven
Mortgage Processor III (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 3252626 April 2018
Member service driven company; all about the culture of NFCU; Great pay/benefits; Great vision/values; Supportive of the local community; There were a lot of perks;
Great place to work with great benefits
Mortgage Loan Processor I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL24 April 2018
Great place to work, very productive, great benefits. Wonderful with a great work/life balance. Everyone is very friendly and always are willingly to go the extra mile to help.
Pros
Cafe, $1 coffees, Gym
Cons
A lot of the movement is by numbers
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FPO, AP, 96602, US18 April 2018
It by far was one of the best jobs that I ever had. I was lucky to work at a couple of branches since I was a floater, and all the people that I worked with were wonderful, we had so much fun, the boss would have us compete with games and we could win prizes! It was so easy and relaxed, not what you would expect a bank to be like. I looked forward to work without a doubt.
managers will do anything to get their way
Member Service Representative III, MLO (Former Employee) –  West Point, NY16 April 2018
the motto is members first but at the branch I worked at that really meant members first but only if you help them the way I see fit regardless of if its wrong or right.
allways on your toe's
Middleware Support Eng (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA12 April 2018
There always a few trouble shooting calls. Daily application updates / deployment. weekly releases. You have so many monitoring tool to work with like spunk,Application dynamices,TAM etc
Pros
nice environment.. a very nice gym
Cons
far from my place..back and forth travel
Great Place to Work
Manager etc (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA11 April 2018
Amazing benefits and plenty of opportunities to move around the credit union. Management depends on your direct supervisor. Generally very work life balanced. Pay is heavily reliant on the bonus.,There have been many good years but once there is less than great one and bonuses drop, talent will leave for better salaries.
Pros
401k match, parental paid leave, onsite gym.
Cons
Base salary is low
Overall Great Place to Work
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA11 April 2018
Overall working for Navy Federal is great. The pay and benefits are much better than I initially expected when I applied for this position. When I first started working I went through 6 weeks of training that thoroughly covered all aspects of the job and put me in a position to succeed. As long as you show up and try to improve every day there are many advancement opportunities. The most difficult aspect of the job is handling difficult calls but assistance is always provided when needed. The best part of working here is the people. Everyone from upper management to other representatives you work with are always kind and are willing to help. Paid vacation and sick leave are easier to take than other reviews lead on. If you have a good attitude, don’t take things personally and stick with the job through the first few months you will love working here.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pay, and People. Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
The only cons are occasionally dealing with upset members and the fast pace at times.
Work at Navy Federal Credit Union
Title Review Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA10 April 2018
Great place to work at. Get to work with excellent peers and as a team. Ability to work independently. Collaborating with your team to achieve goals.
Seeking new opportunities
Strategic Alignment and Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA7 April 2018
Company and culture is nice. Benefits are great. Company moving slow with technology, lots of silos. Leadership team is not aligned, but very focused on being innovative
Great company
Member Service Representative II MLO (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LA4 April 2018
Great place to work where growth was encouraged. Fast paced but rewarding environment. Many skills can be obtained to excel in leadership career. Great benefits as well.
Cut Throat
Aerotek Contractor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL3 April 2018
I loved working there. Everything is very fast paced and you have to know what you are doing. You can get lost in the hustle very easily if you are not pay attention.
best bank to work for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA28 March 2018
low to no sales goals and very good work environment. my leadership was not as engaged with her staff or branch as I thought appropriate but she was engaged nonetheless.
working in NAvy
Software Configuration and Release Architect (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA27 March 2018
implementing lots of new technology. the leadership is trying to accommodate all these initiative in a managed platform. the model they use is SaaS. lots of opportunity.
Great place to work if you can get a FT position
ISD Service Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA26 March 2018
Navy Federal is a great place to work and has been on Fortune's 100 Best Place to work for the last 8 years. If you can get into a full time position you'll be straight.
Good Employer
CCO-Fraud (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA25 March 2018
A typical day at work can consist of many different things. You never know what you will encounter with the members and their needs. It definitely keeps you on your toes. I learned that in the financial industry that nothing ever stays the same. Management, like with any other company, can be both good and bad. But, there is always multiple managers available for assistance. The hardest part of the job are the rare occasions in which there is nothing that can be done for the member. The most enjoyable part of the job is NFCU's constant efforts to keep up employee morale.
Pros
free gym
Cons
no consideration for inclement weather
Navy Federal is one of the best companies to work for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL24 March 2018
There are competitive positions available throughout your career with Navy Federal and consistent room for improvement. I've learned how to empathize with members, focus on each members needs and how to work with team members to get the job done.
Best Company EVER
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FL22 March 2018
I worked there for almost 10 years! Best decision ever. Navy Federal believes in work/life balance and I love that they were able to teach me that at such a young age.
Typical call center environment, stressful and monotonous.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Virginia21 March 2018
A typical day is non-stop phone calls without a break in between calls, which is expected in a call center environment. Management does a good job rewarding employees and working to keep them happy. The job is very stressful and mostly all employees eventually develop anxiety and other stress causing health issues. If an employee makes an honest mistake, management treats them like they were the worst person.
Pros
benefits, discounts and freebies
Cons
stressful environment
I would work for Navy FCU Again
Equity Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA21 March 2018
Nothing much to say here. I was not there long enough to know about advancement opportunities. The environment was pleasant and fast paced. Days were short because there was always work to do.
Pros
On site gym, cafeteria
Cons
Management, Parking
Stressful beyond words
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA20 March 2018
The most stressful job I have ever had and I’ve been a lender for more than 15 years. The job created problems at home due to the required work hours needed to get the job done.
Pros
Company paid celebrations. Wearing jeans on Fridays, 401K match
Cons
Expectations, working on the weekends - “On Call”, you are so much more than a mortgage lender.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.