Navigant Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work ethics are not enforced
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CA16 July 2018
This is a great place to start as an entry level biller/ collector. However, management does not ensure a great work environment. Employees cause chaotic environment. Also, management lost a huge client which caused a big layoff, due to, management not listening to employees of trends of denials.
Pros
Fairly stable, free lunches, great place to learn
Cons
Management, work environment
Get ready to travel
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC20 June 2018
Navigant is a typical consulting company - focused on the bottom line and not its employees. Get ready for a ton of travel to client sites. The engagements are interesting and challenging, but the deadlines are difficult to meet.
Pros
Interesting clientele
Cons
Travel, leadership culture
good culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC6 June 2018
The company provided a safe and comfortable place to learn. Hours and work/life balance depend on team and project, with significant swings. The office culture was fun.
Pros
office culture
Cons
varied experience based on project
Navigant is a pretty good company
Revenue Cycle Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL1 June 2018
The healthcare benefits could be a little better. However overall the company is excellent. I have recommended them to friends who are serious about their career in healthcare.
Fast paced consulting environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA29 May 2018
Navigant is a very fast paced environment. Due to the nature of the consulting industry you are able to experience many different industries when assigned to the vast array of clients.
Only was there for one year
Associate Director, Healthcare Practice (Former Employee) –  United States21 May 2018
when i joined they were in transition and trying to create products. the product at that time was us, no templates for the work or guidance from management
Not a secure company mangers not standing up for the employees
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lewisville tx18 May 2018
You get transferred to other projects that need help, the company has lay offs without warning you cross your fingers everyday it don't be you ,suprise
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lay offs
my job at Navigant
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX16 May 2018
The company is going under goy laid off with no warning showed up to work and was laid off. The people was nice had a great time working with my co workers.
Pros
good people
Cons
laid off no warning
Navigant
Administrative Specialist/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 May 2018
I believe Navigant taught me a lot about consulting but not much about how to be a better admin. I believe the people generally want the best for you.
Good and Fair Employer to their Employees
Medical Coder III (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CA9 May 2018
The company is OK, fair pay for work done. Productive, no nonsense type of atmosphere. Very Professional, but also relaxed environment. I have had the opportunity to learn different aspects of coding with this employer.
Pros
Pay is Good
Cons
Need Steady Work
Remote position
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  CA9 May 2018
Ability to work remotely and dedicate my focus on daily tasks was a great opportunity. It is a flexible company to work for. I would be great if this company would provide mentorship for employees to grow and advance their career path.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Would like to have more growth opportunity.
Can be a good work environment depending on your group, can overwork and underappreciate you if in the wrong group
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC1 May 2018
Lot of excel analyses and research
Good opportunities to pursue new certifications as desired
Lot of work happy hours and opportunities to make friends with coworkers
Can have very busy periods with intense hours
Good Firm to Enter the Workforce
Consultant, Global Construction Practice (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 April 2018
You will build a lot of technical knowledge and learn the ins and outs of the corporate culture. Navigant is a good place for a young worker to start, but the career advances and other benefits become very limited as your skill sets expand.
Pros
Growth of technical skills, happy hours, decent vacation time
Cons
Lower pay, disconnect between management and consultants, lack of growth, quiet/ uninviting work environment
Management issues
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 7506722 April 2018
Supervisors played favorites. The employees were very immature and stepped on people to get ahead. Training is minimal and they didnt provide enough info to do your job. Their processes were out of date and there was a lack of professionalism.
Pros
Insurance, overtime
Cons
Not enough training, 30 minute lunches
Disjointed departments, with their own agendas
Account Executive / Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  USA11 April 2018
The upper management at Navigant Cymetrix is VERY good, but once you go down a step you lose a lot of what is good in the top folks. Most notable to me was the lack of collaboration between the various departments. The work is very siloed, and it shows.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Stressful work, when it doesn't need to be; too disjointed
Inexperienced Management and Lower End Compensation
Managing Consultant - Navigant McKinnis (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 April 2018
I was very disappointed in the lack of experience in the management at Navigant. In addition to the lack of experience, they come across with a know-it-all attitude. It wasn't an ideal job, in my opinion.
Pros
Time off policy was fair
Cons
Management inexperience, pay, work/life balance
Stressful
Escalations Patient Account Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX10 April 2018
The right hand don't know what the left hand is doing. You are given a directive and when the assignment is done you are told that is not exactly how they wanted when you have an email telling you EXACTLY how it is to be done
Great work place....but needs better managment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CA4 April 2018
The Company itself has a good name and its a great business. But if I'm being honest, there's not much room for advancement. You basically can start off as a self pay customer service rep and then move to insurance follow up, but there's no promotion with that. They call it a lateral move. So unless you apply for the supervisor position, there's no pay increase but the 1 or 2 % annual, if that. But as we all know the supervisor role comes with a lot of responsibilities and the money isn't good enough or so they say. I have met a lot of great people that make the job enjoyable but I have also met a few that pick on you for no apparent reason or because you bring something to their attention regarding the work, they take it personal rather than seeing it as a learning opportunity. The company does try to get involve with the employees and make it a good place to work. also, tries to be as transparent as possible with people which I find incredibly important. I do think management could be better. Sometimes the focus is more on the personal problems between employees rather than what can make it a better experience for the people and clients. It unfair sometimes because of favoritism. They say be professional but cant seem to do so themselves sometimes. I would like to say this is my personal opinion. don't let that discourage you from working here. overall its a good place and they offer benefits.
Pros
Free Lunches, big parking
Good company to start out right after college
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA31 March 2018
Pros
Very high profile and interesting projects
Good co-workers
Culture is great
Work-life balance is not as bad as some other consulting firms in the field

Cons
Pay is okay, not great
Some co-workers are not at the level they should be
Bonus structure awards people with most billable hours not impacts
Great people, lack of leadership direction
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 March 2018
I met some of the greatest people I have worked with during my time at Navigant. They stress a culture of inclusivity and respect each other's personal needs and work-life balance. Compensation was competitive with other offers I received -- they strongly value advanced degrees.

There has been a lot of senior leadership turnover and a misalignment between sales-driven leadership and utilization-driven consultants. Coupled with a hiring spree, many more junior staff are underutilized and do not received the experience they need to continue advancing. However, leadership has recognized this is at no fault of consultants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navigant Consulting, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.