NatWest Employee Reviews

Productive place to wprk
Customer Service Officer/Service Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, London, Greater London3 June 2018
Great place to get experience and I loved meeting customers and helping them out, The hardest part of my job was not being able to help some customers who really needed the help.
Good working relationships
Protection Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London3 June 2018
Typical days were usually varied and interesting. Working closely with colleagues from different business areas proved very informative and helped to develop other business opportunities. Management were usually very supportive however unfortunately they were often moved about frequently. Workplace culture was very positive as each member of staff was committed to achieving branch success. Staff movement could be frustrating as relationships changed and new ones had to be developed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shared success that was achieved by working together towards the common goal.
Work experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
I can't really say much about this company as I was only here for a weeks work experience. It would be unfair for me to judge a company in a short space of time.
Good
Cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria27 May 2018
Although this was only a work placement I was given the opportunity to experience different aspects of the banking/finance business, I also gained experience of customer service.
not the bank I expected to work in
Linkage Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
unfortunately this bank has gone from really great to work, to one of the worst in the high streets. there is not leadership from LCEOS, just talk about mortgages and mortgages is key. work life balance doesn't exist and when there is shortage of staff customers really suffer. its a shame not branches are closing up and down the country also in key locations forcing customers to leave or travel. the CEO of RBS priorities are not truly focussed on the customers.
Pros
salary is good.
Cons
have to pay into your own pension, long hours, unhappy staff
Structured company
Personal Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 May 2018
Good work life balance. Good working hours. Targets set far too high. However fun and enjoyment in work. Benefits are really good and wages really good.
Most enjoyable job
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire17 May 2018
9 To 5 processing cheques and credits working on tills and in the counting house making up wages for larger companies
All aspects of banking
Excellent management
No hard part
Meeting and helping people
Pros
Great staff
Great experience
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East15 May 2018
Come in and complete financial reviews for NatWest clients, up-selling products when needed. And ensuring full compliance.

How to sell face to face and over the phone. Coaching and encouraging staff on how to up-sell certain products and learning about the products in general.

Supportive

Sadly it ended on a low, with the financial crisis and redundancies morale in the workplace was difficult.

The low morale

Saving people money!
14 years
Private Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 May 2018
Worked for this company for 14 years. Only leaving due to redundancy.

Look after portfolio of high net worth clients. I simply help people.

Flexible environment.
Striving to do the best for Customers
Assistant Manager and Clerical roles (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2018
Challenging but rewarding place to work with excellent work life balance options.

This department is a conscientious advocate for well being and inclusive.
Flexible Employment opportunities
File Review Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire3 May 2018
A fair place to work with a growing appreciation of putting the customer first. There is also a good work/life balance with a focus on looking after the staff. They also try to accommodate a flexible working pattern wherever possible.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Development opportunities
Not invested in their employees
Banking manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years and my whole dept was made redundant.

Upper management are nothing but glorified sales consultants with zero leadership or management skills.

They use scaremongering tactics to push staff to meet 'sale targets' and come in even when sick.

Not a transparent company at all to work for.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish management and leadership
Good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee City26 April 2018
Perfectly good. No complaints. Worked there a long time good manager. Not much more to say as it was a long time ago. Lunch break uNiform included. Good holidays
Lovely
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood25 April 2018
Lovely branch
Was only there for a work placement but it was enjoyable whilst I was there
They showed me all the difference aspects of working in a bank, not just the cashier
great place to work
Customer Services Assistant - Intern (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London18 April 2018
work experiance was great. learnt alot of customer service skills and how problems were dealt with on a day in day out basis. colleagues were very polite and helpful
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Essex17 April 2018
Seeing customers on a day to day basis, identifying opportunities to help customers with financial and service needs.
Great team to work with and great opportunities.
Nat West Customer Service Officer
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent16 April 2018
I worked for Nat West for almost ten years. During this time i had many offers of promotion, which i didn't accept as i was extremely happy in the role of counter manager, then manager of Lenham Branch.
My time at Lenham was very special for me as i was front facing helping customers to get the best from their banking needs.
I became very fond of the diverse customer base, but i excelled in helping the elderly residents of the community as they are the most vulnerable needing extra help and empathy.
I was responsible for opening and closing the branch, balancing of tills and the safe and working under a strict code of confidentiality.
I worked well with the managers and area managers due to the mutual respect for one another. Good team work which is rewarded with the excellent benefits provided. When i started there was the free pension scheme which is sadly no longer available to employees.
Benefits
Cons
The downfall of Nat West
great employer
Business Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2018
had a great time working at RBS. i really enjoyed the flexibility in the job to maintain work life balance.
Just was made redundant after 10 years of service,
Good team work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Perivale11 April 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Natwest. Learnt cashiering and direct debit clerk whilst there.
Good management and place to work.
Only left as was involved in two raids by armed robbers!
Good experience
Bank Branch Member (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon9 April 2018
Good enjoyable week where lots of skills were gained which will benefit me in any job in the future. All staff were friendly and helpful with any problems I had.