NATURE Employee Reviews

Divertido y constructivo
Consejero (Former Employee) –  Valle de Bravo, Méx.10 March 2019
Es un espacio de crecimiento para aprender a tener un poco más de tolerancia y responsabilidad. Un trabajo bueno para estudiantes jovenes.
Bare minimum compensation/benefits.
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CA9 July 2018
Company is focused on short term "putting out fires" solutions and not focused on long term solutions. Middle management is missing and is desperately needed.
Good company to work for
Projects & New Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall17 February 2016
Good company to work for but they are moving services to central location in Rotterdam and I am not willing to relocate. Excellent international travel possibilities.
Cons
Relocating services to Nederlands
Centro tranquilo y buen ambiente con los compañeros
Recepcionista (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MD1 December 2014
- Entrar en el centro a mi hora, meter datos de las personas que habían ido o no ese día a su clase, cobrar al cliente la mensualidad, informar al cliente sobre el método pilates, cierre de caja, tener el centro organizado, cierre del centro algunos días, otros días no por que se quedaba el jefe.

- La parte mas difícil, fue trabajar con un programa en Inglés ( no sé el idioma) y con una compañera.

- Conocía a uno de los jefes ( que fue quien me llamó para la entrevista) pero no hice amigos, compañeros de trabajo (cordialmente).
Pros
Estaba a gusto en el puesto de trabajo, me gusta tratar con el público
Cons
Eran muy especiales por chorradas que teníamos que poner en el centro
Very fast paced and fun to work.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL9 June 2014
Started out as a temp cutting grass and weed whacking. Was given an opportunity to move up fast and with in 6 months was hired as a full time employee.
Pros
plenty of work and overtime
Cons
n/a
A day in the life of an animal caretaker at the Ogden Nature Center
Animal Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UT9 March 2014
I say good morning to people I work with and to all the birds on my way to the feeding room. I first pull out the measured food for the birds from the fridge and replace with the frozen food for the next day. I then Take bowl of defrosted trout and place "sea tabs" into the mouths of three of them and then go feed the 3 water birds all they want to eat and visually inspect them for anything unusual. I pull more trout for the next day to defrost. I do this 1-3 times daily depending on the help I have. Then I clean the Mews (bird pens) and I change or check and fill the water for all the predatory birds and all the small critters in the buildings. I feed the turkey when he's hungry. I feed crickets to the small critters and prepare and feed the birds defrosted quail, mice etc. and observe for anything unusual about any of them. I help the Wildlife Manager with doctoring if necessary of any animal. Clean the pond and any other duties as needed. I spend 2- 3 hours each Wednesday there. I want to continue to volunteer there. I work with very a nice girl who's been a long time volunteer and the Wildlife Specialist. I fill in for others. We all get along great. I have received a couple awards. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the birds. The hardest part is lifting the big water bowls to dump and clean. I have learned a lot about wild animals and enjoy it.
Pros
Rewarding and able to move around, interact with the birds and usually enjoy the outdoors.
Cons
I work indoors and outdoors every Wednesday no matter what the weather is like, It can be a dirty job but I really like it.
I miss this place
Sales and Retail (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV5 February 2013
Quite possibly one of my favorite jobs to date. The nature company was in a partnership, or outright owned by the Discovery Channel and so pretty much everything you've seen on the channel you'd find in the store.

Music? Got it
Telescopes? Have them!
Random jewelry, and trinkets? Of course.

The store is no longer around as far as I know...
Only a student organization, not a professsional employment experience
President (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NY9 November 2012
Pace University's Student Environmental Organization. Served as President during my senior year of undergraduate education.
Production, Vendor Development
Manager Production (Current Employee) –  Coimbatore10 May 2012
I have learned Production, Vendor Development, PPAP, ISO & Quality.
My enjoyable part of the job is Production & Vendor Development.
I will be friendly with my co - workers to have work done as soon as possible.
Pros
free night dinner at late night works
Cons
in case of emergency