Nature's Fare Markets Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, toxic work environment, not worth the pay
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 February 2019
Nature’s Fare prides themselves on having high standards of ethics and amazing core values, but they really fall short when they try to execute them. Frankly they don’t care about their staff, more often than not staff will actually cry because of management. You will be gossiped about by other staff and management. I highly recommend you know your rights as an employee if you do apply here, because management takes things too far. Management makes inappropriate comments and when complaints are brought forward they aren’t taken seriously. There is no job security as management feels everyone is replaceable no matter how hard you work. If sales are ever down management will immediately blame staff for not doing enough. Of course there are employees at natures fare who don’t work as hard as others but the employees who truly care for the company and work hard go unnoticed and unappreciated. As an employee you will be expected to be available every day and your days off will be picked for you. Sometimes staff will even be scheduled more than five days a week. I believe the company as a whole has good values and ethics but the Langley store is neglected. Overall it’s not worth the above minimum pay.
Cons
Management, Gossip, Scheduling
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC9 February 2019
Good co-workers, lots of laughs, good pay. Like any job there may be some things you really like and some things you like a little less, the pros far outweigh any cons there may be working here.
Pros
lots of stuff
21 February 2019

Thank you for sharing! We're happy to hear you love it here as much as we do!

disorganized
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2019
The company expects employees to do all the work for the managers of the store. At the beginning, it seems like an amazing job. Almost too good to be true. Be prepared to be dealing with a lot of at work drama which involves many of the managers. They do not let you request days off for vacation they choose the days for you. Not worth the higher pay because for a customer service job there is no flexibility.
Pros
higher pay
Cons
drama, poor management
21 February 2019

We’re sorry to hear of your negative experience. At Nature’s Fare, we promote a healthy work/life balance and do our best to accommodate everyone's schedules however we understand that in a retail environment we may not always be able to do so. We would have loved to sit down to discuss any issues you may have been having with your schedule– we put people first and try to go above and beyond for our amazing people.

Great job, great people, great environment
Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 February 2019
A great first time job! there is room to move up in the company which is nice and the benefits are a great bonus! The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and are very welcoming. They are very good with working around your schedule and booking time off!
Pros
benefits, pay, scheduling
21 February 2019

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the people, opportunities, and culture at Nature's Fare.

The wage may seem appealing but it’s honestly not worth it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 January 2019
Natures Fare claims to be a “B corporation” but they clearly do not uphold themselves to those standards. You’ll go for an interview and they will paint a picture of healthy eating, good benefits, and a “fun work environment”. While yes staff are granted a 20% discount, which further increases to 25% after a year, it’s really not even that useful as everything is astronomically expensive to begin with. For example, yogurt that runs for $23, honey for over $70.. the list goes on. The work environment is toxic. While the sales staff are amazing and I have to say I got along with them very well, the management team definitely need drastic improvement. This issue is they hired on this manager from Whole Foods, and then he hired his former colleague as the grocery manager. You have to realize Whole Foods is not a B corporation, and they definitely run things very differently. That being said, walking into a company and trying to reinvent the wheel after sales staff have been with the company for many years isn’t going to sit well, and it effects everyone, (new staff included). The management team is honestly toxic, unprofessional, and downright evil. Half the time they won’t even acknowledge your presence, when clocking in and out of work. I always tried my best to kill them with kindness but that clearly didn’t get me very far. They’ll openly sit around in their offices bad mouthing sales staff and further inflicting drama between staff. Some of the things that I overheard while standing outside the office were absolutely appalling. I’m going to tell you this right now, if you think  more... you have thick skin and have worked every nightmare customer service job imaginable think again! This workplace will absolutely eat you alive. Good luck. :)  less
Pros
Literally none
Cons
All of the above
23 January 2019

We’re sorry to hear of your negative experience and while we wish you would have brought these issues to our attention prior to leaving, I hope that we can address a few of your concerns today. Nature’s Fare is an employee centered company that focuses on going above and beyond for their amazing people. In addition to the competitive wages, benefits and sweet discounts you mentioned below, we offer flexible work schedules, professional development funds, ongoing training and advancement opportunities, free products, and above all – a chance to work with a great team and wonderful customers. We hope you enjoyed all these perks as much as we do!

Having recently recertified as a B Corporation, we can confidently say we do not simply “claim to be a B Corporation” rather we are living our values and actually score double what a non B Corporation company would on social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. If you’d like more information on what being a B Corporation represents, I’d encourage you to visit their website at bcorporation.net.

All that said, we can appreciate that our unique culture may not be a great fit for everyone so we wish you all the best in your future endeavors and sincerely hope you find what you’re looking for. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’d like to discuss this further.

Excellent company to work for. Enjoyed my 10 years there.
Vitamin Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 January 2019
Enjoyed working for this company. Very good relationship with management, staff and co-workers. Enjoyed working with customers and providing knowledge on supplements, healthy living and better food choices. The company was very good at providing training on supplements and vitamins and their benefits.
Pros
great benefits
21 February 2019

We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with Nature's Fare!

Great place to work.
Vitamin sales (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC18 December 2018
I worked at Nature's Fare for almost 9 years in various departments.
You'll be well trained and there is room for advancement if you want to learn. They definitely give people the opportunity to grow, and learn and gain more experience.
It's a really people oriented place so if you like working with others, like retail and want to learn... this is your ideal work place.
staff (Current Employee) –  BC25 September 2018
Companies are far from perfect but at Nature's Fare Markets you can feel they truly care and work continuously on improving the employee and customer experience. Decision making is placed in the store's with the qualified staff and HQ supports store operations. Staff and management are supportive and encouraging of one another. They try to make work fun and pay a living wage which is almost unheard of in the retail industry. The business is family owned and operated and you feel part of the team, valued and respected.
Pros
Culture, training, educational credits, pay and benefits, supportive work environment, growth potential
Great Culture
Corporate Bistro Manager, Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 August 2018
Everyone treats you like you are family. There is a mutual respect between all employees and managment listens to ideas on how to make the company a better place.
An exceptional company with values and beliefs
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 July 2018
An exceptional family owned and operated company which is driven by it core values and beliefs. I have been a team member for the last 6 years and have nothing but great things to say about the company, its staff and management. A truly remarkable and family oriented team who genuinely care about the success of its employees and not just about the bottom line. Lots of fun things to do with the company, BBQ's, staff seminars and training and tons of community involvement. Working for this company has changed my life.
Great culture, great employees, b Corp
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 July 2018
I love working for Nature's Fare. It is an amazing company with amazing people.
There is an inclusive and progressive corporate culture that really focuses on worker satisfaction.
The company has a great benefits program, awesome staff discount, paid volunteering days, and a really good starting wage.
Hard to find another place like this!
You are not just a number
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  British Columbia29 March 2018
This company should be recognized for its great works! They truly are the best company to belong to. They are environmentally responsible, have amazing core values, great pay that is well above minimum wage, and you feel like part of a family, not just a number like in most retail settings. These are just some of the reasons that i LOVE my job at Nature's Fare!
Pros
Happy workplace, great wage, good benefits plan
Cons
Nobody leaves their position so not much movement!
Dramatic
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC22 February 2018
A lot of drama and gossip. Very unprofessional in many aspects. A great place to work short term due to wage and benefits. Seminars are great. But get out when you can.
Pros
Seminars, wage, benefits
Cons
Management, unprofessional
24 January 2019

We’re happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the great perks while working at Nature’s Fare Markets, including our competitive wages, benefits, and professional development opportunities. We would have loved to sit down to discuss any issues you may have been having in your role – we put people first and promote an open door policy. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you'd like to discuss this further.

Favoritism, unprofessional, bullying, drama, unappreciated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2018
Natures Fare Markets proclaims themselves a B Corp but it is very much not the case. I worked 3 long years there and the only thing keeping most people including me there was the higher then average wage, but it is a very toxic work environment. Natures Fare holds work longevity over work ethics. As a few people work hard most stand around talking, and gossiping and this includes the management. The management staff creates much of the drama between staff and perpetuate it. They care only about making sales and facing product and not their staff. Many feel replaceable and not appreciated. When the Head Office management visit they do not acknowledge sales staff at all.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Favoritism, bullying, unfair work environment, drama, unappreciated
23 January 2019

We are surprised to hear of your negative experience as our recent employee survey showed that the majority of our staff feel valued, with a top response being “I feel I add value with my contributions.” Nature’s Fare is an employee centered company that focuses on going above and beyond for their amazing people. We have an open door policy and would have liked to chat with you about any issues you may have been having before your left but hope we can put some of your concerns at ease today.

Having recently recertified as a B Corporation, we can confidently say we are living our values and actually score double what a non B Corporation company would on social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. If you’d like more information on what being a B Corporation represents, I’d encourage you to visit their website at bcorporation.net.

Poor managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 January 2018
Management seemed to think they were better than other workers, picked favorites, gave cold shoulder if annoyed at you. Poor job training, I was left to figure things out on my own...other employees just stood around, management didn't seem to notice or care.
Pros
15 dollar wage, free stuff
Cons
Disgruntled employees
23 January 2019

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience and are surprised to hear you didn’t feel our training was adequate. We provide an extensive onboarding and training program which includes training resources, mentorship opportunities, and coaching. Additionally, we also offer a professional development fund to help you further your career! Our managers have an open door policy and we would have liked to chat with you about any issues you may have been having before your left so we could understand how to better support you in your role. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’d like to discuss this further.

Cold
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 November 2017
Thought it was going to be good, then quickly realized management played favourites and you would KNOW if you weren't on their 'favourites' list, they were so unpleasant and cold. No room to breathe nor relax. Pay was good but it's not even worth it.
Pros
Pay, Discount
Cons
Poor Management, Favouritism
24 January 2019

We’re sorry to hear of your negative experience. Nature’s Fare is an employee centered company that focuses on going above and beyond for their amazing people. To help create an inviting and fun environment, we have regular team building activities, including lunches, BBQs, and monthly funcentives! Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss this further—our door is always open.

Healthy Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 September 2017
Good people, Money and Perks. If your into living healthy and enjoying coming to work an being around like minded people then this is the place for you!
No Advancement Opportunities, Lots of False Promises
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 July 2017
Great job for students, terrible for advancing within the company. The same people have been in management for years, everything is very stagnant except for the entry level positions which can have very high turn-over. Runs on minimal staff often.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, pays more than other stores, the people
Cons
No advancement, broken promises, short breaks, expected to do everyone else's job with minimal training, the people
Uncooperative management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC10 July 2017
The manager comes across very cold and pretentious, he seems like he doesn't care about any staff member who works there. And he is very uncooperative.
Best workplace I could've asked for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 June 2017
I worked at natures fare markets in Langley for 3 years. It is a great job for anybody that loves to work with people. The staff are amazing and there are good benefits/room for growth. Very calm atmosphere for retail.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Standing for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nature's Fare Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Nature's Fare Markets Reviews by Location