Nature's Fare Markets

Nature's Fare Markets Employee Reviews

The Bistro is a fast paced environment with lots to keep you busy. There is opportunity to learn about new products. Unfortunately there is a lot of employee turn over.
11 December 2019
Never a dull moment for sure! Keeping key players is pivotal and that is why we continue to improving our training programs. Thanks for sharing!
A great team effort which enhances our knowledge about the products and Customer Service skills. Many customer loyal programs which help to retain the customer.
12 November 2020
Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate having you as part of the team :)
This is a very supportive and fun place to work, with many opportunities to connect and make friends with coworkers. The customer base is generally very friendly and the workflow is easy to adjust to and feel comfortable in. The management is very supportive and understanding, the entire staff feels more like old friends as opposed to coworkers. Being on your feet can be draining, but for the most part the work is very low impact and generally very gentle. You get to take food home for free if the packaging is damaged or the product is near its expiry date.
Pros
Generous discounts, benefits, free lunches
Cons
Not making enough to support oneself
12 November 2020
Thank you for being part of the Nature’s Fare family! People is one of our Core Values and we are glad you feel that management is upholding them.
You are given clear duties and expectations. Any additional efforts are appreciated. The staff is friendly and patient with the training process. All pieces of training add value for the long-term.
12 November 2020
Thank you for the great feedback! Training is such an essential component of what we do for our team members and we strive to continue improving and moving forward!
A job that offers education, reward and a fantastic work life balance. First job ever obtained where I went to work proud of my work. Helped find a passion and set up education and overall build professional confidence. Both store and senior management are approachable and supportive.
12 November 2020
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We want to ensure we’re providing a rewarding environment to our team members and set them up for success!
I love working at Nature's Fare! The staff and especially the Management Team in-store and at the Head Office are encouraging, caring and supportive. The Managers always listen and find ways to ethically resolve all issues.They treat the staff with respect and appreciation. . Even through the most challenging times, the company is always fair with their policies and procedures. Thank you, Nature's Fare, for continually providing a safe and healthy work environment. I look forward to coming to work each and every day!
12 November 2020
That is so wonderful to hear, thank you for the feedback! We appreciate having you on the team!
Despite all they state in their values about caring for people first, they treat staff as dispensable objects. The first two years I worked here were a dream come true, but as the company got bigger, it became more and more corporate while trying to say that they still cared about being a local business. Management doesn't take staff complaints seriously, and I found myself and my coworkers were constantly belittled and patronized. The treatment I recieved from management brought me to a point that I considered suicide as a means of escaping the toxic culture. Even after I and several others went to HR for help, our needs were left wanting and nothing was ever fixed. The only thing I miss are the people who became dear friends. Even though I'm not there anymore, I still have nightmares about working there.
Pros
You can make decent friends
Cons
Literally everything else
5 May 2020
I’m sorry to hear that this may have been your experience with our company. Nature’s Fare is an employee centered company that focuses on going above and beyond for their amazing people. We have an open door policy and would have liked to chat with you about any issues you may have been having before your left but hope we can put your concerns at ease today. Our managers are strong ambassadors for our company’s mission and values, they promote our core values, support our team members, and ensure a positive experience for those living in our communities. Depending on the specific situation, there may be times when they will need to make difficult decisions and we hope you understand that they will not be able to please everybody. Even in those challenging situations, they strive to find solutions that will provide the best outcome and support for all involved. We care about the health and wellbeing of our team members as well as those who live in our communities which is why we offer our employees an Employee Assistant Program (EAP) that offers free and confidential counseling for personal and work related matters. We understand that you are no longer with our company so we would like to share some free resources with you so you can access any supports you may need during this time: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/managing-your-health/mental-health-substance-use/virtual-supports-covid-19If you would like to provide us with additional feedback or would like to follow up on any of the information above, please reach out to us at HR@naturesfare.com. Take care!
It by far is the best company I have ever worked for. It’s not just a job it’s a family. Great opportunity to grow. Awesome training. Management is always open to speak to and very understanding.
5 May 2020
Thank you for the great feedback -- we appreciate having you as part of the team!
Some of the best people I know work here! Nature's Fare has a knack for hiring really wonderful human beings, making up a great team environment. Overall a good place to work.
12 December 2019
Unquestionably, we aim at hiring well and the folks like yourself help create an amazing work environment.
for the most part days are fast paced, you're always busy and if its a slow day there are checklists that have to be fulfilled. employees are diverse and from all cultures making it an enlightening place to work as you can learn more about different cultures while getting to know your coworkers. management says they care, but they really don't, unless your not doing something perfectly, then you'll hear about it. if you can stay out of their way the job is quite enjoyable. probably my favorite thing, personalized customer service. there are so many repeat customers you get to learn names and walks of life. having meaningful conversations while doing your job was nice and even remembering what preferences they prefer was both fun and challenging. pay was fair and benefits were easy to obtain.
11 December 2019
So true, diversity and connection are a pivotal piece to creating a solid work place! We're continuing to coach and support one another to create an enlightening environment. We so appreciate you helping us shed some light on where we can grow.
Typical organic grocery store setting, including a deli. The approachable staff makes a warm and exciting place to work. Flexible hours and a larger store ensures there is always something to do.
11 December 2019
Yes, flexible hours are a key piece to work life balance! Thank you for being part of the Nature's Fare team.
Natures Fare was a great place to work at, also I am very interested in health products which made working there a great fit. The management staff were amazing and I learned a lot about making customers satisfied with their products.
11 December 2019
None of this is possible without the folks who are part of our team. We aim at being a different kind of company: we put our team members' first and offer sweet staff discounts and learning opportunities.#letsbebettertogether
This company works hard to promote and deliver great customer service. Environmental impacts are minimal with company policies. Work life balance with great benefits
11 December 2019
True! Our BC rooted stores are focused on commitment to sustainability, offer the healthiest, natural and organic foods and supplements. Thank you for sharing!
Workplace drama and management does not truly care about employees. Gossip, favouritism, and inappropriate behaviour from management and employees. Sad to say this because they have great products and decent prices.
11 December 2019
The deepest learning takes place through lived experience. It requires exploring our intentions and learning from out mistakes. We are grateful for your comment.
i have worked for this company for five years. the management is honestly so horrible - they work the employees to exhaustion, while they just sit in their offices talking and even scrolling facebook. they legitimately bully the workers to tears, and make up little jokes about them, and say that they can't teach the staff anything. they do not manage or monitor the staff at all. it was actually so abusive. i can see all the responses from nature's fare head office to the bad reviews here, saying that they wish they had known, but the truth is, they do know, lots of staff tried to have these issues addressed, but they just say they will help and then do nothing at all. the management will push out or bully or even fire anyone who tries to have the toxic culture addressed. i saw people try to get help from human resources and not even get a response back. they put out a lot of propaganda about what a great company they are, but it's extremely toxic culture at management level.
Pros
discount
Cons
managment
18 June 2019
We’re happy to hear you have been with us for 5 years – we must be doing something right! While we will be the first to admit that we aren’t perfect (no one is!), we do try our best to do the right thing for each and every one of our employees. We understand that our employees may not always see the hard work that is being done behind the scenes but I want to assure you that every issue that has been brought forward has been, or is in the process of being, addressed. This isn’t always a quick process so we appreciate your patience and if you feel like you haven’t received an update on an issue you have brought forward, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We see that you are a current employee so we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources team to discuss some of the issues you brought forward. We take accusations of bullying and abuse very seriously and would like to investigate this, along with the other issues, further.
Very fast paced with lots of memorization and customer service. Great clientele but staff sucks. You will get in trouble over every little thing and co workers will try to get you in trouble over anything. Very cliquey, especially in the vitamin department, and they never answer phones or show interest in helping rest of store. Mostly stand and gossip, especially at night when it is dead. Most coporate 'local' job you will ever work. I loved being a customer here from the early 2000's until I saw the other side of the store. No room to express yourself or add fun to your routine. Lots of sick calls from staff and you will be called in for every day you are not working, and asked to extend shifts. No room for work life balance.
Pros
Charge account Health Benefits
Cons
Staff Management No Voice Overworked
18 June 2019
Thank you for the feedback and we’re sorry to hear that your experience in our store was less than stellar. You’re right -- we are a busy and growing business that prides ourselves on going above and beyond for our customers so product knowledge and customer service is a must! That said, at Nature’s Fare you are part of a passionate team that wants to build a better world together and you can always count on your team members to help out. If this wasn’t your experience, we would have loved for you to bring this to the attention of your manager or our Human Resources team who are always more than happy to provide support where needed. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’d like to discuss this further.
I worked with Nature's Fare for just under 5 years, I made many great friends while working there, a few being my best friends to this day. The jobs itself was alright, the only thing that kept me around was the decent hourly pay. The work environment at the time wasn't the best, very high school like. Too much gossip and people making up things. For the my Management I had at the time, i would give a -5/10. Very unreliable, rude, and would take her personal life problems out on her staff. The discount, training and few other things are the only good things about working there at the time, but wasn't enough for me to stay around. After spending 5 years there, all through high school, i felt like it was time wasted.
Pros
Discount
Cons
everything else.
18 June 2019
Thank you for the positive feedback on our wage, benefits and training program. We’re glad to hear you made some life long friends during your time at Nature’s Fare—that alone seems like time well spent :) We would have loved to sit down to discuss any issues you may have been having in your department – we put people first and promote an open door policy. We appreciate the time you spent with us and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
Nature's Fare has given me the opportunity to grow with the company. I started as a cashier with no experience and now work at their head office as a corporate employee. They offer yoga classes, Shiatsu massage, and meditation for employees to take a break out of their work day. I think this makes them very unique as a company and makes working here that much better. Working here allows me to focus on my health because I am surrounded by great new products every day.
Pros
Yoga classes, free massage, meditation classes
Cons
I spend all of the money that I make here at the store
18 June 2019
Thank you for the positive feedback and your commitment to our team! We're always excited to see employees find areas in our industry that they are passionate about and we are happy to help them grow within our company to achieve their personal and professional goals. Thank you for helping us be better together!
Nature’s Fare prides themselves on having high standards of ethics and amazing core values, but they really fall short when they try to execute them. Frankly they don’t care about their staff, more often than not staff will actually cry because of management. You will be gossiped about by other staff and management. I highly recommend you know your rights as an employee if you do apply here, because management takes things too far. Management makes inappropriate comments and when complaints are brought forward they aren’t taken seriously. There is no job security as management feels everyone is replaceable no matter how hard you work. If sales are ever down management will immediately blame staff for not doing enough. Of course there are employees at natures fare who don’t work as hard as others but the employees who truly care for the company and work hard go unnoticed and unappreciated. As an employee you will be expected to be available every day and your days off will be picked for you. Sometimes staff will even be scheduled more than five days a week. I believe the company as a whole has good values and ethics but the Langley store is neglected. Overall it’s not worth the above minimum pay.
Cons
Management, Gossip, Scheduling
19 November 2020
With People being one of our Core Values, we focus on going above and beyond for our amazing team members which is why we’re sad to hear you may have experienced something other than this. We have an open door policy and would love to have a conversation with you to discuss any issues you’re experiencing so we can support you further.As a current employee, we want to remind you of Employee Assistance Program which provides free and confidential counselling for personal and work related matters. If you have questions about how to access this service or would like to discuss your concern further, please feel free to reach out to us at hr@naturesfare.com.
Good co-workers, lots of laughs, good pay. Like any job there may be some things you really like and some things you like a little less, the pros far outweigh any cons there may be working here.
Pros
lots of stuff
21 February 2019
Thank you for sharing! We're happy to hear you love it here as much as we do!
The company expects employees to do all the work for the managers of the store. At the beginning, it seems like an amazing job. Almost too good to be true. Be prepared to be dealing with a lot of at work drama which involves many of the managers. They do not let you request days off for vacation they choose the days for you. Not worth the higher pay because for a customer service job there is no flexibility.
Pros
higher pay
Cons
drama, poor management
21 February 2019
We’re sorry to hear of your negative experience. At Nature’s Fare, we promote a healthy work/life balance and do our best to accommodate everyone's schedules however we understand that in a retail environment we may not always be able to do so. We would have loved to sit down to discuss any issues you may have been having with your schedule– we put people first and try to go above and beyond for our amazing people.