Nature's Fare Markets Employee Reviews

The wage may seem appealing but it’s honestly not worth it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 January 2019
Natures Fare claims to be a “B corporation” but they clearly do not uphold themselves to those standards. You’ll go for an interview and they will paint a picture of healthy eating, good benefits, and a “fun work environment”. While yes staff are granted a 20% discount, which further increases to 25% after a year, it’s really not even that useful as everything is astronomically expensive to begin with. For example, yogurt that runs for $23, honey for over $70.. the list goes on. The work environment is toxic. While the sales staff are amazing and I have to say I got along with them very well, the management team definitely need drastic improvement. This issue is they hired on this manager from Whole Foods, and then he hired his former colleague as the grocery manager. You have to realize Whole Foods is not a B corporation, and they definitely run things very differently. That being said, walking into a company and trying to reinvent the wheel after sales staff have been with the company for many years isn’t going to sit well, and it effects everyone, (new staff included). The management team is honestly toxic, unprofessional, and downright evil. Half the time they won’t even acknowledge your presence, when clocking in and out of work. I always tried my best to kill them with kindness but that clearly didn’t get me very far. They’ll openly sit around in their offices bad mouthing sales staff and further inflicting drama between staff. Some of the things that I overheard while standing outside the office were absolutely appalling. I’m going to tell you this right now, if you think  more... you have thick skin and have worked every nightmare customer service job imaginable think again! This workplace will absolutely eat you alive. Good luck. :)  less
Pros
Literally none
Cons
All of the above
Great place to work.
Vitamin sales (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC18 December 2018
I worked at Nature's Fare for almost 9 years in various departments.
You'll be well trained and there is room for advancement if you want to learn. They definitely give people the opportunity to grow, and learn and gain more experience.
It's a really people oriented place so if you like working with others, like retail and want to learn... this is your ideal work place.
staff (Current Employee) –  BC25 September 2018
Companies are far from perfect but at Nature's Fare Markets you can feel they truly care and work continuously on improving the employee and customer experience. Decision making is placed in the store's with the qualified staff and HQ supports store operations. Staff and management are supportive and encouraging of one another. They try to make work fun and pay a living wage which is almost unheard of in the retail industry. The business is family owned and operated and you feel part of the team, valued and respected.
Pros
Culture, training, educational credits, pay and benefits, supportive work environment, growth potential
Best job I've ever had in white Rock. Sad to have left.
Vitamin clerk (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC12 September 2018
Amazing. So lovely. Best job I've ever had in white Rock. Sad to have left. If you get a chance to work there take it. Don't know what else to say but I need 150 characters.
Pros
Co workers
Great Culture
Corporate Bistro Manager, Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 August 2018
Everyone treats you like you are family. There is a mutual respect between all employees and managment listens to ideas on how to make the company a better place.
You are not just a number
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  British Columbia29 March 2018
This company should be recognized for its great works! They truly are the best company to belong to. They are environmentally responsible, have amazing core values, great pay that is well above minimum wage, and you feel like part of a family, not just a number like in most retail settings. These are just some of the reasons that i LOVE my job at Nature's Fare!
Pros
Happy workplace, great wage, good benefits plan
Cons
Nobody leaves their position so not much movement!
Dramatic
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC22 February 2018
A lot of drama and gossip. Very unprofessional in many aspects. A great place to work short term due to wage and benefits. Seminars are great. But get out when you can.
Pros
Seminars, wage, benefits
Cons
Management, unprofessional
Favoritism, unprofessional, bullying, drama, unappreciated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2018
Natures Fare Markets proclaims themselves a B Corp but it is very much not the case. I worked 3 long years there and the only thing keeping most people including me there was the higher then average wage, but it is a very toxic work environment. Natures Fare holds work longevity over work ethics. As a few people work hard most stand around talking, and gossiping and this includes the management. The management staff creates much of the drama between staff and perpetuate it. They care only about making sales and facing product and not their staff. Many feel replaceable and not appreciated. When the Head Office management visit they do not acknowledge sales staff at all.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Favoritism, bullying, unfair work environment, drama, unappreciated
Poor managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 January 2018
Management seemed to think they were better than other workers, picked favorites, gave cold shoulder if annoyed at you. Poor job training, I was left to figure things out on my own...other employees just stood around, management didn't seem to notice or care.
Pros
15 dollar wage, free stuff
Cons
Disgruntled employees
Cold
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 November 2017
Thought it was going to be good, then quickly realized management played favourites and you would KNOW if you weren't on their 'favourites' list, they were so unpleasant and cold. No room to breathe nor relax. Pay was good but it's not even worth it.
Pros
Pay, Discount
Cons
Poor Management, Favouritism
Healthy Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 September 2017
Good people, Money and Perks. If your into living healthy and enjoying coming to work an being around like minded people then this is the place for you!
Uncooperative management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC10 July 2017
The manager comes across very cold and pretentious, he seems like he doesn't care about any staff member who works there. And he is very uncooperative.
Best workplace I could've asked for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 June 2017
I worked at natures fare markets in Langley for 3 years. It is a great job for anybody that loves to work with people. The staff are amazing and there are good benefits/room for growth. Very calm atmosphere for retail.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Not what it seems
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 May 2017
I thought this would be a great job and unfortunately found out quickly the Langley management and team is unprofessional and cruel. Dont put yourself through it
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
The staff
Welcoming and friendly workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC1 May 2017
day-to-day you ring up customers groceries and wish them a good day. When the store is empty, you face the shelfs and help clean up other departments.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexible on time off
needs improvement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 April 2017
small company with management that lacks the required skills to manage staff and problem solve.. no security or room to advance. HR will fire at will. gossip is big. good wage. work life balance is good.
Productive and fun workplace
Bistro team member/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 June 2016
A typical day at work involves amazing coworkers that help to create a hardworking team of people, helping our customers achieve a healthier and better lifestyle.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn
I am looking for a motivated team players in the health fields .Staying on top of new suppliments and food for consumers
sales clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 August 2015
I have enjoyed working at 2 health food stores in past. Just to see people get better without drugs and going natural. It's so Amazing. I love the staff as thy teach me new things and kept the store alive.
Cashier is what I started out doing in younger years.
It's just the atmosphere I love so much.
I will be great full fora part time job at Nature's Fare!
Pros
Health products right there and tempting
Cons
Not being able to buy all organic as prices are high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nature's Fare Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Nature's Fare Markets Reviews by Location