Natural Factors Employee Reviews

Good company to work for a long time
Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 March 2019
I think Natural Factors is a pretty good company. I am surrounded by nice people, and HR cares about your safety. The growth speed of company can be a bit much sometimes and keeps everyone busy. I don't know the direction or big picture of the company, but it has been good so far.
Shifts are not rotated, which I like. I can keep the same schedule and shift.
Pros
Seems like good benefits, but too lazy to use them yet
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Productive and fun place to work
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 March 2019
Super great place to work. Best part of my job is interacting with my work family to ensuring we all go home safe every day. The fact that no 2 days are the same, challenges me the realize my full potential. Hard work and commitment will most certainly be rewarded.
Pros
All round great benefits
Meaningful work - Purpose and Profit
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 January 2019
Every day I learn something new and there is always a rewarding challenge to tackle. It's exciting to be a part of a growing, dynamic company that is looking continually forward to building and improving. I work with many different teams and find that there is a mutual desire to contribute to success. People are, for the most part, polite and respectful in this multi cultural work environment.

We've seen changes in management during the past few years which also means a change in culture. Keeping the traditional family feel has been a challenge but we see management working hard to try to maintain that while driving efficiencies.

Hardest part is to keep up with the growth. Growth is a good thing but brings it's own challenges such has available work space and parking.

Best part of the work day is being with such a great team of people that are proud of making a difference in the health and well-being of others.
Pros
Educational Wellness sessions, Staff appreciation lunches, career growth opportunities, training and development, good benefits
Cons
sometimes hard to find parking
Interactive and team work
Specialized Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC19 December 2018
Working at Natural Factors was very team orientated. Individuals worked as part of a team and interacted with each other. There were benefits to working long hours. It was a fun, interactive work environment.
Negative atmosphere, bullying, phony
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Kelowna25 October 2018
Why do you think so many people are going on stress leave? why do you think so many people are applying for jobs at all the new companies starting up in the Winfield & Kelowna area? because this company has a bullying, intimidating atmosphere - it's chaotic, negative and harsh. Do not apply here if you want to work at a supportive, people driven company. Management has taken courses but they are just faking it - didn't take long for them to show their true colors again.
Pros
benefit plan
Cons
bullying, harsh management, confusion
Great benefits plan and great coworkers
Office admin (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 July 2018
The people are great to work with and benefits really good. Decisions could be made faster in some areas in my opinion. Sometimes you can move around to another job if it's a better fit.. I did that. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Free product, benefits, Coquitlam has a fitness space, prizes for core values program, yearly staff appreciation event you can choose what you want to do with family
Cons
Slow decisions sometimes, sounds like maybe some things need updating to make decisions faster
Bad Place to Work
Bulk Packaging (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC6 April 2018
Very poor and condescending management. Constantly harassing employees and offer no incentive for advancement. Extremely poor work environment. Fellow employees would agree 100%
Good place to work if you are desperate for pay check
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 March 2018
Cons
Management is poor.
Hardly recognizes hard working people
no opportunity for advancement
In some areas make you work to the ground.
Will literally hire anyone
when hired, usually on contract terms and takes time to get full time
Staff are full of religious fundamentalist and will not allow you to take
actions that goes against their beliefs

Pros
Will literally hire anyone
Probably one of the best benefit packages you will find in canada
Pros
lots of food
Cons
they wont give you extra money
Progressive Company
Line worker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 December 2017
I have worked at Natural Factors in the production area for more than four years and find it to be a very rewarding place of employment. For those individuals that work hard, your efforts are noticed by management and advancements are frequently seen. I am passionate about the Natural Health Industry and to be able to work at a company with the same values make this a perfect match
Pros
Quarterly staff appreciations - lunches provided; great benefit package
Cons
None that i can think of
Great place to work!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 December 2017
I have been working at Natural Factors full-time for more than a year.

Advice to Management
Continue to communicate to the employees on targets and continue to ask for their ideas on improvement.
Pros
Friendly people, Caring management team, Great product, Good benefits, Company is continuously looking to improve and want input from all employees.
Cons
Not really a con, but be prepared to work in a busy environment. Business is good, so plant pace is at times very fast.
great
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 November 2017
this was a really good company i enjoyed working there. they had alot of company benefits anfd events. over all the enviroment was nice too. I was very happy there
Excessive bullying and zero appreciation for their hard working employees
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC13 October 2017
Employees had no raise for 5 and more years. Their top management very focused on frequent bullying and intimidation of the best and dedicated employees. Please stay away from this kind of companies at all cost. Should be investigated for bullying and for harassment by the WorkSafe and Ministry of Labour.
Pros
extremely bad company
Cons
bullying, harassment and frequent abuse from their top managers
joke with no punchline
Finished Goods/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC30 September 2017
Sweatshop. Do Not work here if you are not aware of how sweatshops function. Granted you will be a competitively paid slave, though, your soul will be the eventual price you pay.
Cons
Too many
Senior management may be OK but onsite management has no clue.
Dry Prep operator (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC31 July 2017
I was a believer in advancement from within ones own ranks, till I worked here. The flaw of course is if the job is stacking racks or tightening bottle caps--this is not the place to get your management from. Mechanics? nope nobody has a clue using same gasket a hundred times... for them no problem just apply more torque at 150 while next to it are nylon washers that can only take 50... hmmmm they do not see a problem. Multiple work accidents are every day.
If you do not speak English and can not get a job any where else... guess it might be the place for you.
Pros
Health care if you can make it through the first 3-6months
Cons
12 hour shifts and risking your health
Very nice place to work.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 June 2017
Friendly people, educated staff, it's a really nice place to work I just don't feel comfortable on a temporary position on a lower income. They can call without warning and tell you there's no work. I'm looking for something a little more permanent but still currently working here.
Pros
Free lunches, good people, weather appropriate, easy for transit, good work
Cons
Low pay, temporary work
Long term disability is what you get from here
Bulk packaging operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 April 2017
Management should return the 8hour routine job instead of 12hours shift.It's too much for a human body to work 12 hrs in this kind of Job.It's not worth it!
Decent
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 February 2017
Day to day work can be frustrating due to constant last minute jobs. Workplace culture is incredibly conservative and uptight, which drains a creative brain. From time to time, I'm assigned exciting projects. People I work with are what make my job enjoyable.
Pros
Health Benefits
Terrible Work Environment
Bulk Packaging (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 November 2016
Toxic work environment. Management is built on seniority, and not qualifications. They will find any way to cut down hours but increase production.
The job is very fast-paced and repetitive. You will guarantee hurt yourself at one point or another.
Worst job I have ever had.
This job will reck your body everyone who has worked here has ended up with some kind of injury
bulk packaging /line operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC24 April 2016
I worked their a long time and I am happy to be done with that place. I had lots of bullying problems from lead hands and no managers would help they don't care as long as the work gets done right.
Pros
moneys good/ as long as they like you you will be fine.
Cons
everything
Fast paced, always a challenge, quality testing,
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 October 2015
Natural Factors has provided me with a platform to conduct high quality testing on their products, and I stand behind what they manufacture. The company values quality, team work and safety. I have been provided with strong analytical chemist experience, strong interpersonal and leader ship skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natural Factors. Our community is ready to answer.

Natural Factors Reviews by Location