Nations Fresh Food
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Nations Fresh Food Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews

hourlongbadcustomermanagercoworkersplacelot

If you need a job you can go

Coworkers were nice. But it's a boring and repetitive job. Beside one 15-min paid break, there were no other benefits. And I had to stand for the whole time and it was very busy.

Pros

Salary to pay the bills

Cons

No benefits, long hours of standing, super busy, no career advancement

Decent place but terrible management and higher-ups

Worked as a bakery clerk, due to bakery hours being short, you work from open to close. Job wasn’t too hard, but fast-paced especially with packing supplier pastries. Co-workers in the same department are nice except the suppliers, they are extremely judgey and watch on how you bring back the supplier stuff back. My location didn’t like my availability changes especially when I told them that my availability would change twice in the summer, thus being fired due to my availability. Big tip, if the management isn’t setting up your sign in within 2 weeks, they’re not keeping you.

Insights into Nations Fresh Food

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks

If Superstore was set in China and ran by women

This place reeks of favouritism. Management has a problem creative a toxic work environment for their employees, a lot of politics are present. There is little to no progression within because the hierarchy is run by people kissing up to each other. The only positive notes are that customers are generally very friendly, and the owner responds well to availability changes and wage “increases”. Would not recommend working here unless it’s a stepping stone to something better.As the last reviewer mentioned, it does feel more like a high school than a job. Anyone who unironically peaks at retail isn't worth the time nor brain power.

Pros

Easygoing customers, flexible shifts, consistent raises

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, toxic work culture

Fast paced environment, job was often stressful and long hours.

During my time there, it felt more like a high school than a job. If the manager did not like you as a cashier, you would be stuck at the last belt next to the exit-- during the winter time, you would perpetually get sick due to the doors opening on you with -30 weather. Pay was low as well, in my over three years of working there, I only received a 25 cent wage increase. Its a good place to work if you need work, they will always have the hours, but if you have an opportunity to leave for a job with equal pay, I highly suggest you do so.

Pros

as many hours as you want

Cons

terrible management, low wages, snobbery.

no perks and low salary

this place was paying me low salary and some workers there are pretty rude. they speak mandarin and talk bad things about you so that you don't understand. I don't recommend working here...

Cons

no perks

Awful experience

Bullies and egomaniacs with no respect stressing about trivial things, unprofessional, mean spirited staff. My advice is to keep looking, this job is an absolute last resort.

Pros

Cons

The job is toxic

Fun place to work

Friendly employee, fun place to work, very convenient to travel. Near by at my home. Great food service, very easy job and you will learn fast. Not very hard to understand the rules and regulations

Pros

2 dollars off for lunch

Met new people.

Need to hire qualified managers! As they do not know to manage or train new employees.. if your not Asian you will be treated differently.. this is just extra money not career.

Pros

Close to home

Messy

The way they manage the store is confusing. Most employees are vietnamese and chinese. Difficult to communicate if you dont speak vietnamese or mandarin

Great job enjoyed pay was much low no incentive to push few little things but overall loved the environment would go back if was better pay due to cos

Beautiful place enjoyed pay was to small to survive with cost of living basic minimum wage an when I had worked there it was before minimum wage increase so I was making like 11$ nice store good environment

1st yr they opened great

when the first opened great place. within the second year unfortunately there was a lot of racism and discrimination. As this SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. no one should EVER be discriminated base on there culture and skin color.!!!

Pay some bills

Show up, do your job and get the money. Poor (micromanagement) for some issues. However inexistent management for other tasks and procedures: do it by yourself, do not make overtime and get it done

Great place to work!

Very collaborative environment and enjoyed working for their company. Payroll was on time and very accurate, co workers were very commutative and nice.

Good Place to start for students.

Hours and pay are good for students. Good place to get experience but not a place to stay for long. Other reviews are wrong about management. Management is fine, just the CEO are very toxic, don't do anything, just comes yell at us on his way out for a smoke break.

Unfair

Pretty unfair , aren’t reasonable people , worked as a deli worker and it’s kinda sad. Making us vacuum seal old smoked beef. Literally inedible, when it came to management it was terrible . They want studf done when there is literally Nothing else to do. If you’re a student I Wouldn’t recommend working here. As taking days off can lead you to being terminated unfairly . They don’t care about you. Kinda sad.

Pros

Decent hours

Cons

You do more then you get paid

Nice place to work

Worked for some time now, Got to be one of the first ones to work there. Came in early to work, and Could give some more of a raise since am experienced.

Horrible place

Terrible place to work. You get treated like dirt and are expected to work 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. You get put down the manager mostly so not speak English and the place is dirty

Easy job

The work is super easy, the cleaning crew is very friendly and easy to get along with. Some of the cashiers are nice but majority of the managers are not nice, they don't treat you like you matter, you are just there to clean.

Pros

Very easy

Cons

Managers treat you like your beneath them

It sucks

It's too busy, they don't hire enough cashiers so you're working non stop with toxic rude customers.. you work 10 hour shifts with one half hour break and a 15..

Busy workplace

If you're looking for something high paced, Nations is the place for you. It is a very busy store with plenty to be done. There is a lot of interaction with customers.

Not recommended

I met a lot of nice people of different race in this place but some supervisors are mean and lazy. It’s a good place to do part-time but a lot of people quit this place after a while and nobody last in this place mostly because of the salary or the people managing the place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nations Fresh Food. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement