National Training Rinks

National Training Rinks Employee Reviews

Great starter jobs to get to know people in your community. great management team, and very flexible with hours. It is a great job to feel productive in your community.
I have had the opportunity to work at the National Training Rinks with a number of hockey development programs. I love teaching hockey skills to developing players. NTR has many opportunities for this activity.
Working at the NTR is very easy but just a lot of really late nights and then your sleeping is all messed up A it would be really good to have for a part time job but it’s not for me
Loved my time at National Training Rinks, Great staff and great programs, Ownership only wants the best staff and programs, Great place to work if you like having fun and helping kids
Enjoy instructing kids how to skate and work with the puck. Every day is different and challenging. Everyone worked together as a team to achieve goals.
Working at the National Training Rinks was a valuable learning experience and helped improve my teaching and communication skills with younger kids. Co-workers were very inclusive and cooperative. My transition into the job was made easier by them and we usually instructed classes together. My managers had strong communication with their employees and were always able to provide constructive criticism. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was interacting with the kids (aged 4-12) while being on the ice. Time management can be a challenge while working on call depending on the employee's schedule.
Managed incoming clients to register them to promoted programs. Create new programs for different seasons and facilities. Learned how to use important registration computer software and direct customers into appropriate programs. Management was a pleasure to work for. Very flexible. Co-Workers were all great people and were always willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was making cold calls to irritated people. The most enjoyable part of the job was having creativity with working with programs.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No room for advancement
The head of maintenance was a great boss who has taught me a lot about being responsible working hard and being diligent with work. Being aware of time management and the requirements for maintaining a good facility keeping up with ministry standards and local bylaws.