National Tire Distributors Employee Reviews

I tired to give zero stars
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 October 2018
don't work here unless you are over 65 years old

if you are young this company will take advantage of you from day 1

productivity consistently hangs on a thread due under staffed warehouse
Pros
being older than 65
Cons
being younger than 65
Just pass this job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
Management Sucks!! And the President is a Liar, they will cut your throat and never think twice about it. Their famous line is "Things will get better!!" And never use the open door policy they will get rid of you like a cheep toy. Most enjoyable part of this place was the people. It is a Corporate Joke and they just care about making money.
Pros
better then working at walmart
Cons
Hated being treated like poo!
Overall good experience
Inside Account Manager - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2018
Very competitive wages. The people currently working there definitely made the job more enjoyable. Tasks at times were difficult but fair. Would recommend NTD to friends.
no room to move up
driver / warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 April 2018
you make more money working for a temp agency than working directly for ntd!!

grumpy overpaid management and revolving door of temp agency staff. if you are hired on directly, you make less than the temps!!!!
Pros
lots of down time
Cons
minimum wage for physical labour
Would not recommend
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
A typical day at work is uninviting.
What you learn, if anything, is mostly on your own.
Management cares about paper rather than people.
There is no resemblance of workplace culture.
The hardest part of the job is coming in the next day hoping to be ignored and allowed to just work and go home.
When there is inclement weather, employees with vehicles will be required to stay later than those without on the basis that "The trip home will take longer than most driving, even if the bus is waiting there nice and warm." Regardless, those with vehicles will clearly have to clean the snow off as well as warm them up as well as worry about the drive considering they pay insurance etc etc etc.
Pros
Getting paid on time usually
Cons
Culture, Health & Safety, communication, standards
3 years of my life I’ll never get back
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
Worked for Ntd Calgary for a few years when I got injured on the job. Once I was injured they had no use for me. Treated myself as well as other staff like dirt. I would never suggest this place of work to anyone unless you don’t mind being a lackey. In the time I worked for them no raises, no promotions, nothing. Turn over rate is sky rocket, and no room to move up in the business. In most ways I’m ok with being injured cause I got out of there and into something better. My advice DONT DO IT.
Pros
Great new friends
Cons
No respect or care for their staff.
Decent Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 October 2017
NTD was a decent place to work for a few years.

It's a good stepping stone company if you're looking to promote yourself in the automotive business

Ever since being bought by Americans, there's not really any room to move up in the company, so don't expect much.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
No room for promotion.
Nice work enviornment
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 July 2017
Enjoyable place to work. People are professional and easy to work with. Company was supportive of my move from Ontario to Moncton. Transition went smoothly and change was well accepted by my co-workers. Management was very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Causal work enviornment
Cons
None to mention
ummmm
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 July 2017
great people to work for but not a secure atmosphere pay is ok not that there is much advancement. It is a storage facility for dirty tires and rims in house license for machines given.
Pros
clean enviroment
Cons
bad changeover
what i thought
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
it is actually a good place to work id still be there if they had of been busy this spring. if you have the chance to work for them take it you can move around the company. They are located all over North America and love hard workers.
Got hectic sometimes but what job doesn't by far best job i've ever had
Tire Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 February 2017
We did our work and went home , we picked tires for customers or any other product a customer needed , loaded the express vans that delivered to customers , it was laid back but work also got done . It was more so harder when i first started , I unloaded transfer trucks and shipment containers of product . Busy season was busy season , I learned so much there how to use the networking system how to use order pickers , achieved more than i ever thought I would working there . I started as a temp and was hired on thru the company so I definitely had to earn my worth per say was the hardest part of working there and i absolutely loved the job compared to any other job i've ever worked .
Pros
paid good, i was able to come home at a decent time and my boss would let me fluctuate my schedule if need be
Cons
long hours and it was hard work some days .
pretty fun place to work.
Shipping/Receiving Laborer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 February 2017
The job itself was pretty physically demanding but it wasnt bad i could handle it. The people that worked there were pretty nice and willing to help when you need it. Some days we would get hour breaks from how slow it was but most of the days was jam packed with tires.
Good organization with a great team culture
Vice President of Corporate Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 January 2017
A very driven and friendly work environment. I would recommend this organization to anyone looking to work for one of the top Tire Distributors in North America.
Pros
Work life balance, strong mentoring management
Cons
In transition from being entrepreneurial to becoming more corporate
Good work environment, worked during a time of employee shortage so above avg. workload
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
Workload would rise and decline depending on the seasons (months leading to winter season would see increase in load). Fun people to work with except there was a bit of a rivalry between day and evening shift. Management was good with a couple flaws like rare instances of inconsistent managing. Co-workers were helpful and friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job is a bit of a laid-back atmosphere at times, hardest part was bursts of strenuous labour when for example multiple containers would show in short time with some having schedules to keep and needing to be unloaded swiftly.
Pros
At times a laid-back atmosphere, friendly staff, free lunch sometimes.
Cons
Labor shortage during my tenure, inconsistent workload, shift rivalries.
A very chaotic and disorganized place to work.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2016
Most days, I'm helping fellow employees to offload product and put it away. I've learned that communication and teamwork are assets in the functionality of a good company. As for the management, it could use some definite improvement, in all aspects. The co-workers are great! Very friendly and cooperative.

The hardest part of the job stems from lack of communication, especially between management and employees.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the friendships made between employees.
Pros
friendly work environment, the occasional free lunch
Cons
poor management, very strict SOP's
Superb working enviroment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 October 2015
The ability to learn new concepts involved in the operations of National Tire Distributors Company is an asset. The staff, co-workers and management all work as team.