National Tire Distributors Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Co-workers are good, Supervisors and the Manager are a different story
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2019
Management needs to go back to school in order to learn the principles of being a good manager and how to handle human capital/resources.
They think they are smart but they will run this place into the ground someday
Fast paced reliable place for work
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2019
This was a very seasonal dependent job with summers being slow and winters being very fast. Lots of overtime that was well compensated coupled with great management made for a great experience.
Pros
kept me in shape
Cons
required a lot of overtime
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary11 May 2019
Worked for NTD for about a year. My buddy was accused of left by the management and was fired. The guy never stole a thing but the management had to blame someone for there lack of inventory control. Do not work for this company.
Pros
Leaveing
Cons
Low pay high expectations and no hours.
5-Ton Delivery Driver/Warehouse Picker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2019
Low pay. Hard back breaking work. Tight deadlines with unrealistic upper management. Good workers and low pay! Big trucks with low pay. Unsafe trucks with no weight for winter conditions. Hard place to work for the pay!
Pros
Excellent boss that is no longer there.
Cons
No hours. Low pay. High tension at work for no reason!
Just pass this job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
Management Sucks!! And the President is a Liar, they will cut your throat and never think twice about it. Their famous line is "Things will get better!!" And never use the open door policy they will get rid of you like a cheep toy. Most enjoyable part of this place was the people. It is a Corporate Joke and they just care about making money.
Pros
better then working at walmart
Cons
Hated being treated like poo!
3 years of my life I’ll never get back
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
Worked for Ntd Calgary for a few years when I got injured on the job. Once I was injured they had no use for me. Treated myself as well as other staff like dirt. I would never suggest this place of work to anyone unless you don’t mind being a lackey. In the time I worked for them no raises, no promotions, nothing. Turn over rate is sky rocket, and no room to move up in the business. In most ways I’m ok with being injured cause I got out of there and into something better. My advice DONT DO IT.
Pros
Great new friends
Cons
No respect or care for their staff.
Good work environment, worked during a time of employee shortage so above avg. workload
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
Workload would rise and decline depending on the seasons (months leading to winter season would see increase in load). Fun people to work with except there was a bit of a rivalry between day and evening shift. Management was good with a couple flaws like rare instances of inconsistent managing. Co-workers were helpful and friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job is a bit of a laid-back atmosphere at times, hardest part was bursts of strenuous labour when for example multiple containers would show in short time with some having schedules to keep and needing to be unloaded swiftly.
Pros
At times a laid-back atmosphere, friendly staff, free lunch sometimes.
Cons
Labor shortage during my tenure, inconsistent workload, shift rivalries.