National Tire Distributors
Here to help
Coronavirus update

National Tire Distributors Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
Ntd was a great place to work, management was hard to read but mostly enjoyable. The only downfall, I was promised days and could no longer work afternoons do I had to find new work.
Pros
People and the environment
Cons
Communication
I wouldn't work there again. They're all over the place what i mean its very poor organization.. Your not allowed to go home unless you get dismissed from the dispatch person... Poor Management as well. Ps: They dont give a s*** about you.
Pros
BBQ during summer time
Cons
Forced to stay extra hours.. FORCED!!!
used to be a wonderful place to work but over the last few years it has all changed. there is zero security, they act like they care about your future with the company but they don't, don't try to offer opinions or use your expertise. Managers keep being promoted with no work showing they deserve it and no experience. unfortunately the best managers and staff are gone.....only the terrible ones are left. Good luck!
Pros
no pros left
Management is promoted from within with no skills or experience in dealing with people. Corporate American company will terminate without cause at the drop of a hat. All bow to the mighty shareholders.
Pros
fair salary
Cons
winter rush, management, constantly changing computer system
I loved the job and the only reason for why I got laid off was because a computer system was doing the big part of my job. I hard a great co-worker. It’s the best job I had so far in my life
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
The winter rush
Management could careless about you.. Your just another number coming in that can be let go at the snap of a finger. Warehouse manager doesn’t care one bit about your family life, as long as his targets are met he will fire you regardless of your situation. I wish I never worked here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
1. Your just a number, Do not work In The warehouse as you’ll be replaced, management says one thing to your face then throw you under the bus to protect themselves
An amazing experience. A new challenge every day. A young company with the potential to be great, once they decide on the direction they want to take. A positive work environment.
Very conducive place to work where the supervisors and managers rose through the ranks and so have very very limited personnel management skills.
The supervisors feel threatened when they see a new employee exhibit a level of intelligence that is beyond them and in order to limit you from bringing out their ineptitude they constantly put you under undue and unnecessary pressure.
This is a great company to work for. Company is truly committed to making their work environment a great place to work - I have never been held back from anything with this employer.
Do you make sure you're at work everyday sick or healthy and on time? Do you value you hard work ethics? If so don't work for NTD in London Ontario! Most of the co-workers are some of the best people, most of the management on the other hand are some of the worst people I have ever worked for. One manager is incredibly demeaning, looks for any reason to get you in trouble and specifically the warehouse supervisor is an absolute nightmare of a human being. He will constantly verbally harass people for no other reason but because he himself is miserable, he will consistently accuse you of things you didn't do so it's recommended that you keep your own reports of your actions to protect yourself against this company, because the branch manager sitting in his little square office if he's even there because most of the time he's never at work we'll take his word for it without fact-checking anything, he is one of other problems among them. Management consistently pics on employees at this location and he does not do his job of reprimanding and holding his own managers accountable, if you come to him with the supervisor is verbal harassment he will tell you just to "deal with it because that is the way he is", but he will threaten you all day with formal write-ups for not doing things properly about the very tasks he refuses to actually train you to do. It is Highly Questionable among the management style at this location and the possible meanings behind it for it is widely known that the branch manager is the tenant in a landlord relationship with that supervisor. If you decide - more...
The on the job training was amazing, the work is tough often in the winter. The job is tedious and physically demanding. The hours are good normally 44 per week. The employee’s are great. The wages are not up to expectations however the benefits are decent. The management in the DC could use some improvements. Overall not a terrible place to work if your just starting out in the employment field.
Managers constantly go on Power Trips. No consideration for the hard workers and targets certain individuals. Let my coworkers go with no warning! Didn’t do anything wrong towards the company and get treated with disrespect. Company constantly threatens employees with write ups on things the employee was not trained on. Does not trust delivery drivers and accuses them of lying yet when there is proof they still deny it. Don’t care about your home life or social life. Expect to much from a single person. Turns their back on employees. Not a good place to work.
Was productive as Trican, corporate culture killed morale.
Repeated tasked and unbalanced work loads among all workers

Segregative lower level management
Pros
Free bi-weekly lunch
Cons
Complex management after the merger
Bonne horaire
Avantage sociaux excellent

Environnement saint
They support career advancement and are very inclusive. I like the fact that they take time to get employee feedback with regards to making improvements.
The job was okay, but local management have poor attitudes. Consistent understaffing means you're always stressed about how everything will get done in a day, layoffs in the slow season.
A typical day at NTD for me consisted of picking tire orders I had been assigned, loading driver's vehicles, and then repeating this two more times. When orders did not need picking, I would assist my co-workers with putting away returns and newly received products.
Working at NTD taught me that I have a strong work ethic and to not compare my work-load to others as each individual has a different expectation of themselves at work.

The management was professional, but knew how to connect with employees and kept the work environment fun. When the busy-time hit, you could rely on management to step up and assist with the daily tasks within the warehouse to help avoid over-working or burn-out of employees.

The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with orders in the winter-time, which is the busy season.

The most enjoyable/rewarding parts of the job is the sweat-equity you get. The physicality of the job allows you to go home tired - you truly feel like you earned your paycheque. The job helps you stay in decent physical shape - especially in winter when you're picking and putting away thousands of tires a day.
Friendly staff and atmospheric
On time delivery

Using your same truck daily

Work on Saturday

Full 80 hrs job

Good management

Daily 3 shift working
Management needs to go back to school in order to learn the principles of being a good manager and how to handle human capital/resources.
They think they are smart but they will run this place into the ground someday
This was a very seasonal dependent job with summers being slow and winters being very fast. Lots of overtime that was well compensated coupled with great management made for a great experience.
Pros
kept me in shape
Cons
required a lot of overtime
Lack of communication and proper training.... Too much product information to learn. Do not waste your time. Move on and find a better more deserving place