NATIONAL STEEL CAR

NATIONAL STEEL CAR Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews
good overall
great environment and workers. Worked more in the office.
good experience and very smart people.

..................................................
CAD Operator
Good place to work. Lots of things to learn. There are lots of great people in the office. There may be some pressures to get stuff done when it is urgent.
fast past
set up my area from start to finish I learned a lot of new task management was very nice a lot of different culture fast past hard working people most enjoyable part of my day was learing something new everyday
I have worked here for over 25 years. I enjoy my job. Most people are easy going and fun to work with
Operate an overhead crane to load and unload trucks. I have been a leadhand for 20 years. Easy enough job. Fellow employees are easy going and fun to work with. Safety oriented. Overall a good place to work.
They say safety first and harass you when u say it’s unsafe
Dog eat dog management and union. Unhealthy unsafe and lay off are plenty.
Union fights bad amongst one another and side with company as do the lawyers and police and lawsuits for loosing a life and body parts have a price list that they all adhere to in the end.

Run!
Poor management
Good pay with lots risk for health
Smoking environment

If u work in robot department , u will have to do work like robot

Its place when u will never get promotion or can not change department even if u r well qualified

I been stuck here for almost 2 years , they will not let u go even u r qualified for anothee good job in another department
Horrible place to work
I worked at this company for 1 week and the management fired me for absolutely no reason. I asked for an explanation and the supervisor ignored me. I would not recommend this place for anyone to work. They pay well but it is not worth being treated horrible and unjust. I did everything they told me to do and to just come to work and told I am fired with no explanation is awful
Just a job not a career.
Looks if you need a job it's great, this place will always be a stepping stone for talented people. The cream rises to the top and move on. The rest stay. Management is a dictator ship. Enough said.
Not terrible
Not a career but to make some money , it’s an okay job. Don’t expect Job security, workplace morale is very low, but you are just keep your head down and work hard.
not safe or welcoming
the supervisors there have their head up their rear ends, they overwork you and dont care about your workload. they have no respect for you or co-workers and they'll let you go for justifying ANYTHING, i made it 2 weeks, theres better work. (beware of Supervisors in finishing departments, watched multiple do blow in the break room.
Tiring
The hours are long, tiring, draining, no lunch break where I’m working. People can be rude. Maybe cause their tired too. Management can do some work to make the place more friendly, it was fine in the beginning.
Excellent
I really enjoy working there.Great people that help each other.Lots of OT as well with good benefits. Also many chances of advancement. The management is very great as well.
Dangerous Job
I didn't mind the hard work. But they cut a lot or corners when it comes to safety and it doesn't surprise me that there are a lot of accidents there. They expect too much from their employees.
Unsafe and terrible management
Everyone trys to focas on the money and benefits, the truth is nobody cares about you in that factory. Your safety and pay mean absolutely nothing to the company. They will up piece work untill its not possible and the lack of safety is disgusting. People drunk running cranes is not what you want over head. Do yourself a favor and find something else.
Pros
Cons
Extremely unsafe, Terrible management, Drugs on company lines
productive
They just work you like crazy and expect your body to fully function like a robot 24/7. when the the robots go down you get blamed for the machine not working . Make it impossible to get piece work and if you do get piece work they wont give you what you earned
Terrible place to work. Very dangerous.
Terrible company with a poor safety record. Always looking to layoff. They don't care about there employees at all. Just another number. They're laying off right now. Just in time for Christmas.
Cons
No job security, unsafe.
ok
Supervisors can be abrasive, Co-Workers can be good or bad depending on where you are working in the plant. Has a tendency to layoff people when times get a little slow
Excellent great Environment awesome people
Welders are in high demand in Canada, leading to a surge in welder salaries. Since 2010, welders have seen an impressive 13% increase in wages. Welder salaries are fairly consistent across the country, with the exception of Ontario
Don't work here
Going to cwb certified to pushing a broom if these people don't like you they will try to find any way to get rid of you the money was great 27 an hour and now I make 18 if I'm lucky the people that work here a awesome but the management can't do anything right you want a job that you want to feel safe at don't work here
Crane Operator in Prep
Human Resources / Management do not care about you. Your only a number to them. Guys on the floor are good. Some... SOME supervisors are decent. The Union is very weak!
Cons
Management and The Union
terrible
Good people to work with but terrible work environment. job requires piece work to make good money but never able to achieve piece work due to faults.