National Recovery Corp Employee Reviews

Worst job experience, and here is why:
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 September 2019
- day one: your going to be signing forms for about 2h and if you read all of the form, there are no benefits for the first whole year. If you do not hit your target amount to collect.. there will be no commission. Once those forms are signed, they give you a computer (no training provided) and let you explore on your own.
- By 2nd day they give you the phone and illiterately say good luck to you! The only way to learn is by hearing the manager (also the VP) yelling at debtors. By yelling ie. harassing or scaring them.
- After that pretty much you goal is to imitate him and try to get people to pay you.
- The hours are not 8am-4:30pm. There is mandatory session with the vp from 7:30 -8am, which they tell you its not a requirement upon hiring you.
- Regardless to say there is a very high turnover rate, if you do not hit the daily mark, they fire you. If you don't come to this mandatory session, they fire you.
-There is no days off, it's get to work at 7:29 am, yell at debtors until 4:30pm. The kicker is, after one week, most people stay after 4:30pm. the whole environment is to stay at work as much as possible, with the vp consistently monitoring you, looking for a single mistake to fire you.
- The pay is not 3000-5000, it's at most 3000 .
- Overall : no training, no job security, low wages, high stress, tough competition, terrible management, like me, you will regret applying here.
-Good luck on working here.
Official response from National Recovery Corp
24 September 2019

Day One - absolutely you'll be signing forms for 2 hours or more - there are a lot of privacy policies in place working with credit. The Ministry has numerous policies that we have to follow at all times - without those papers we would be unable to allow anyone access to the files in our system. As to learning the system - the best way to learn is to do - being able to manipulate the system on your own schedule is the easiest way to absorb the information.

Day Two - you are put on the phones right away with aged accounts in order to get comfortable with leaving messages - if on the off chance that you speak with an actual debtor, the VP of Operations is right there to guide you through the call, telling you what to say, telling you how to handle it. Your comment makes it seem as though you're left on your own to sink - no mention of the amount of time the VP puts into guiding people through calls.

Imitating the VP is the best possible way you can do this job. He has been in the business over 20 years and is extremely successful at what he does. As to yelling at debtors? Be honest - the VP raises his voice, slightly, once a day at best when the specific situation warrants it.

Absolutely there is a mandatory training session that begins at 7:30 am - please don't fail to edit your review to state that by attending this session, the collectors are able to leave at 3pm on Friday, rather than the scheduled 430pm.

Turnover among Junior Collectors is always high - it takes a certain type of person to do what we do - this job isn't for everyone.

No days off? You are asked  more... to attend your scheduled shift Monday to Friday - we are not open Saturdays and Sundays. It is not unreasonable to expect our employees to show up to work every day. And yes, some people do choose to stay past 430pm - that is their choice. We make the time available to our collectors so that the dedicated, driven individuals have the opportunity to excel.

Absolutely Junior collectors start at $3000 - pay is based off experience, just like any other career. As you grow with the company, the pay increases accordingly. As you get better at what you do, commissions are unlimited. You simply need to learn.

Overall: Training is provided every morning at 730am by the Vice President of Operations. You just have to show up to get the benefit of his 20 years experience. Job security is the same here as it is anywhere - learn, progress, do well and there would be no concerns. Wages are paid out based off experience and increased based off performance, just like any other company. Stress is something you make for yourself - if you follow the training, follow the process, and progress accordingly, there would be no stress. Absolutely there is competition - our collectors want to be the best, work to be at the top and you will be recognized for it. Management provides a free lunch on Fridays, free snacks and food daily, free coffee in the kitchen with all the fixings - they start a half hour early every day to make sure our Juniors have the benefit of their experience, they hold group meetings, one on one meetings, and are there every step of the way if you're willing to learn.

The entitlement attitude of your review is very apparent. Show up to work, take advantage of our experience, and put some heart into what you do. If you want to succeed you will.

Unrealistic
NDMR (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 September 2019
The Owner of the company just likes to yell at employees and tell them how bad they are at their job, even if they are doing a good job.

The turnover is so high there really is no point in making any friends because they will most likely be gone within a week. The pay is decent if you make it.
Horrible place
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 September 2019
The place was THEE worse job I have ever had. The owner will scream and yell at you for trying to make arrangements with debtors. Forget having a life outside of work because you can't. Need a day off for an appointment? Good luck with that. I've never worked for someone who treats their employees so poorly. I find it quite humorous that all the good reviews were done on the same day...hmmm, a little bonus check given to employees?
Fun, challenging and well compensated
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2019
Working at NRC has been the most fun I've had in my life. It's a family run business and you can feel it I the atmosphere. The pay is AWESOME for the tasks we are asked to do. The job itself isn't difficult if you can follow instruction and have a good head on your shoulders. The hours are great for work life balance. Life is just so much better working for a real company that cares.
Pros
Great Salary and Commission Combo
Cons
Early morning start.
Awesome work environment
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2019
Before working for NRC, I felt no fulfillment in my career. Now I have lots. I help people better their future while also bettering my own. I have learned so much in my time and I know I will continue to learn. Lots of room for growth. Benefits are great
Productive and Fun place to work.
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2019
There is never a dull moment. You are always going to have something to do. The pay is great. The atmosphere is awesome and the people you work with are just AMAZING! Always room to improve and move up. Management works well with you to improve your job performance. The Company as a whole is so understanding in cases of emergencies. Although the job may seem difficult at first, once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze! Have i even mentioned the benefits yet? On top of your salary pay you can make some BIG BUCKS with commission. The health benefits are pretty great too. Can't go wrong with a Company that treats you so well. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon, that's for sure!
Fantastic Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2019
National Recovery Corp is pretty great to work for. The hours are awesome (Monday to Friday 8-4:30 can't get any better than that) the pay is stellar if you show the initiative and work hard (like any job right?) The upper management is there for its employees. They will do their best to work with you to jot only better yourself, but better your job performance. Very understanding when it comes to family or life emergencies. I haven't enjoyed a job as much as this one!
Pros
Mon-Fri shifts. Great pay/benefits. Great people to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Recovery Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

National Recovery Corp Reviews by Location