National Logistics Services (NLS) Management reviews

HR Takes up for her friends...Specially HR from Mongram & Iron Street
Woker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2018
Human resources not good at handling parties.
Resolutions are very poor specialty at Monogram pl
HR
Takes up for team leaders Fire people on regular basis for no reason..
Reasons all fake
TERRIBLE.
HR from Iron Street & Monogram place .
Pros
Same crape
Cons
Poor management
Not a great place to work
Director Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2018
Very top down approach. The mindset is the upper brass are the thinkers and the rest are to be doers. Not sure where the company is since it has changed ownership a few times
overall excellent work environment
E-Commerce Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  7045 beckett dr,mississauga13 September 2018
I like to work at friendly work environment that is NLS maintains .
every team member is helpful and provide guidance when needed.
if any member feels uncomfortable with work, management also find the alternatives to make his/her comfortable at work.
Pros
appreciation after good job
Cons
nothing.
good workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 August 2018
very good environment. team work. management is fabulous. care about health and safety. no haters. every body is helpful and friendly. clean place. NLS
Pros
prize every months
Cons
restrooms are not clean
Terrible
Order/Cherry Picker Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
Terrible company unless you are Indian, as most managers are Indian. No work stability, people get fired daily for no reason. Very rude management. Unrealistic expectations.
Very high labour
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2018
A typical day at works generally starts off with a 5min team meeting where the management instructs all the workers on the tasks which lie ahead for the rest of the day. Following that everyone goes to their respective stations and we sort out packages. At the end of the day we all clean the warehouse up so that it is not untidy the next morning. Through this experience I learned how to repetitively get used to doing the same thing for a whole day without getting bored, I learned how to make everyday a special one instead of dreading my work, although I am an individual who would rather do a variety of different tasks everyday. In my opinion I think that the management was very well organised, in the sense that they had very good communication with all the workers. The workplace culture was most definitely very hardworking and labour heavy, you could see how hard everyone works in that warehouse. Like I said, the hardest part of the job was always staying on my feet nonstop, even for lunch the benches we sat on were not the comfiest however that was only a minor setback. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way that the whole company felt like another family, everyone was friendly even while working, they had many BBQ's which allowed us to constantly feel appreciated.
Pros
Weekly BBQ's
Cons
Always on my feet- very tiring
inefficient work culture
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2018
This company was very dysfunctional and lead by poor management, with generally less pay then its competitors. The culture in the work place is very inclusive and doesn't allow for work place bounding.
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2018
Great place to work - people and atmosphere were awesome. Job was varied and so leaned different things. People were helpful and management staff were supportive and helpful.
Great expectations, fantastic people, poor leadership
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2017
I had the chance to meet and work with some great people, the client had many challenges but that's part of working for a 3PL.

The biggest challenges were internal, leadership at most buildings felt that people could be treated like numbers. The personal interactions became transactional, people only wanted to protect themselves and as a result morale is very poor.

There could be a great opportunity to change the morale but the Executive team needs to open the dialogue with the front line staff and shift supervisors. The different levels of mid level and senior managers, Operations Mgrs, General Managers & Directors, have created an insulated space where problems are covered up, quick fixes or band aids applied to problems.
Pros
great people, lots of work
Cons
zero concern over work life balance
Stressful,demanding workloads, and POOR MANAGEMENT
Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2017
Work here for a couple of years, and it was horrendous. At first things are better but as time go by they will suck out the good things in you left you nothing,No proper training to lessen the problem. Some Supervisors is lacked of proper judgement. FAVORITISM smells in every corner of this place. WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO WORK HERE AS THIS PAY IN A VERY SMALL WAGE AND YET THEY WILL GIVE SO MANY TASK. WHAT A SHAME.
Pros
Cons
Unbalanced work load, insufficient manpower
Great workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 August 2017
Enjoyed doing work and love to do the cashier jobs, good management, punctual, good salary and maximum hours and overtime is available for earning extra money
Workload was balanced with a lot of fun activities.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2017
In spite of workload, there was a lot of fun throughout the day which was the main difference. We were not feeling tired even after long hours. The management had a very liberal approach.
I enjoyed working in NLS
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2017
the best company I served since I came to Canada 15 years ago.great culture and friendly environment, management is willing to provide help to every individual.
Shipper/Order (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2017
Great management and nice working environment....I really enjoy working there..people are really helpful there.the company should just make permanent ..the temporary people...
Pros
Good management
Cons
Noise, plastic smell
Productive and happy workplace.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
Its a happy day at work everyday. My co-workers are like my second family. The management are so nice and very accommodating. We have our stand up meeting everyday before we start our work. I love working with nice people around. The job is not so hard because the atmosphere is so cool and we work as a team. i don't find any hard part in my job because if you love your job, there is no place for hardship. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you work with nice and warm people and your supervisor is good.
Pros
free lunch almost every month
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Admin. Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2017
Management is great! They work together as a team to accomplish goals. Great workplace culture and employee recognition program. There are a lot of Advancement opportunities as company is growing.
Enjoy working here at NLS.
productive and fun work place
Merchandiser/line worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
I learned to use the cash register and to organize the store.
The management is good and includes everyone's opinions
The work culture is welcoming
The most enjoyable part is I enjoyed interacting with customers
Worst company to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
The management doesn't care about you and pays very very less.
Very less than market rates, senior people in company just wants to earn money and thats it
Pros
Cons
Many
Productive and friendly workplace
Packer and Scanner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
This company is a great workplace. Allows you to grow and become a better you. Team members are awesome and it has a balance work life. Management are friendly and will help achieve different positions in the company.
Pros
Positive Culture, Career development
AMAZING culture
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 April 2017
I had the privilege to witness an amazing group of executives, while being mentored by an amazing Director of HR, along with great HR team members. The culture of the company is outstanding & every day was exciting.
Pros
positive culture, career development